What's the Cold War (60s-80s) scene like in the UK?

Izzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pretty much the title.

I'm genuinely curious to see what the Cold War side of things, particularly milsim, is like across the UK. I've been working on a Falklands-era Royal Marine impression for the last few months, so I was sort of hoping I'd be able to put it to good use somewhere.

I run the WARPAC Cold War Airsoft page on FB.  The 'scene' is in pretty decent health with a hardcore of around 80 players plus another 100 or so who come and go.  You tend to get around 30-40 per side at events weather and location dependent.  You would absolutely be welcomed by the Brit side and they are a good bunch of lads (if on the wrong team).  Check out the kit guide here : www.coldwarairsoft.com.

Next game is at Tuddenham in Norfolk on 23rd Nov, will probably be a smaller game as Tuddenham is difficult for people to get to.  The games at Eversley will recommence in the New Year probably around March time. There are usually 3 games per year and you get the same groups playing on each side pretty much.  They are easily the best airsoft events I have been to - but they are not milsims!  They are FILMSIMs, don't go expecting a milsim.  I personally think that they have got the balance spot on.  There is never any drama or such like and no cheating.  Once you have come to a good Cold War game you wont want to play a skirmish again.

Any questions yell.  

• 2 years later...
On 23/10/2019 at 18:28, Izzy said:

There is a large british contingent for nato forces 

As well as gunman cold war games there is also frontline events that are now running a Falklands  game however they only run once a year next one is November I believe. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.