Camo'ing a gun

walshy155
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

if your going to paint it put masking type on it first in case you make a pigs arse out of it and in place of plants leaves or banches you could use srcee or scrim netting but if you want you could use dpm strips of fabric

What you are talking about is wrapping your gun in scrim netting, as said above. You can then stick branches of stuff through it while playing if you like, or just keep the scrim on it so it does not look like a big gun, more a big greeny/brown blob.

If you are talking about using the outlines of leaves as a template for a spray job, yes you can do this, just practice on something first before spraying your gun (and mask up all the bots you don't want sprayed, like magwell and hop unit!)

i may be 12, but i have a freind in the armed responce police, and he was accepted for being a sniper a while ago, i was just getting into airsoft at the time, so he let me watch how he makes a gun ghillie, pretty much what you do is get either a scrim net or hessian bag which has been cut to your guns size with holes for any optics you may have, if your doing a sniper rifle, leave either room for the bolt or cut the bag/net short there so you can get your hand under to the bolt easilly... after you had made one to fit your gun get dark coloured and camofluage meterials ad cut them messily (but dont go crazy, your fingers do help during a skirmish) into random shapes and sizes and randomly stick it on, but dont overflow any perticular area, as hessian/scrim is a nice nattural colours unlessed its been died, also another good idea is to put elastic on parts of the gun like on top of the scope and any over unopperational parts during firing... you can then use them to attach foliage and over things like that, make sure the barrel has a good 2cm clearence of the hessian/scrim becuase it can easily redirect the BB...

I just use strips of burlap or scrim netting, it works a treat! I also get dark coloured (green/black) elastic bands and tie small strips of scrim to them then just pull them over the barrel and body of the gun and you get the scrim to hand off it. Looks amazing!!!

Archived