G&G CM16 Raider 2.0 combat machine v Ares Amoeda AM008 M4 CQB

lt_sparky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I'm just getting into the hobby and this is my first post. I am torn about which starter AEG to get and would really appreciate the input from more experienced guys.

Right now I'm undecided between the G&G CM16 Raider 2.0 combat machine and Ares Amoeda AM008 M4 CQB. Both seem to have decent reviews and my indecision is mainly related to the following:

1. The Ares is slightly more expensive, which my consumer brain tells me must mean its better. Is there any truth to this?

2. I like the look of the G&G slightly more. The two tone tan model is just beautiful.

3. There seem to be more options and accessories available (at least where I live) for the Ares.

4. I've seen people complain about the sights on the Ares, apparently they are little more than cosmetic. The G&G sights seem to be somewhat adjustable which is nice. At this stage I'm not looking to get optics so the standard sights are somewhat important to me.

That's basically it, my main concern is the price difference. I like the look of the G&G but I'm worried that its an inferior gun because of the price difference, although paying the difference isn't a deal breaker for me (+- $230 for the G&G and +- $270 for the Ares). Before you freak out about the price, airsoft guns are more expensive in my country than you are likely used to.

Thanks for your help.

We have been using two G&G Raiders 2.0 combat machines for the past year. Both have performed faultlessly despite some pretty harsh abuse. Don't come across the Ares but see plenty of Raiders which shows their popularity.  Based on our experience the Raider 2.0 is definitely not inferior and frequently outperforms/outlasts RIF's that are far more expensive.    Price doesn't necessarily equate to quality and reliability.   I suggest you try before you buy if possible.

In terms of consistent quality, I'd buy a G&G over an Ares any day of the week.

Check out Negative Airsoft Ares L1A1 on YouTube. Hop rubbers made of cheese and questionable design choices elsewhere.

Take into account I've no real personal experience with either brand. Friends of mine run G&G guns without issue though.

I am currently running the Ares Honey Badger AM-014, great little piece of kit, shoots very consistently with great range. It has given me more than I have expected without any upgrades, not sure if this is transferable to the kit you're talking about.

An Ares CCR was my first ever AEG and has performed flawlessly. I now own an Ares AM-014 Honey Badger and two G&G AEGs. They both make decent guns, but I would much rather have a AM-008, I like the look better.

Archived