Zed Adventures new site is...

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Zed Adventures new site announcement teaser was just posted on FB

FB_IMG_1571811170085.thumb.jpg.bc8d50061a29223574ddb38054cbbc3d.jpg

I recognise that as the landmark building just above the penguin area at Battle Paintball and Airsoft Victorian Zoo site. 

It's a good site which I reviewed here last year. Funnily enough at their test day I did recommend Battle Airsort to try and get into bed with more experienced airsoft site runners like Zed if they want to bring in the numbers. 

I wonder if they will take over the sole running of the site or whether they will share with the existing tenants/owners much like Acid Drop. 

Edit: Battle Airsoft FB account has just announced that Zed will be running a game there next on their site. Looks it's being sublet to Zed to run the Airsoft side of things.

First game is November 24th. 

• Supporters
On 25/10/2019 at 14:45, E21A said:

Shame it’ll probably still be bio BBs only 

Some people, not me, but some people, are really cynical about whether "biodegradable" BBs really are, and those people, not me, have noted that if you were to fill a "TOTES BIOGREENGRADABLE" bag or bottle with whatever BBs you like, then how on earth would a site or land owner be able to tell the difference?

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Some people, not me, but some people, are really cynical about whether "biodegradable" BBs really are, and those people, not me, have noted that if you were to fill a "TOTES BIOGREENGRADABLE" bag or bottle with whatever BBs you like, then how on earth would a site or land owner be able to tell the difference?

When we went there for the test day, they wouldn't allow broken seal bottles or bags of bbs. Had to be brand new or bought from the onsite shop. 

Nothing wrong with Bios. Open Blasters are perfectly fine. 

19 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

When we went there for the test day, they wouldn't allow broken seal bottles or bags of bbs. Had to be brand new or bought from the onsite shop. 

Nothing wrong with Bios. Open Blasters are perfectly fine. 

Tazball do this now as well. They let you leave opened bags on site in a locker but if you bring in a opened container or bag of bbs they won't let you use them. They say it's the council who enforces this and they could lose the site if they don't adhere. 

Bit of a pain but I wouldn't trust airsofters either to be honest to be fair and if site owners did they wouldn't need to use site BBs at the chrono.

• Supporters

I must be lucky, 19+ years never had a gun, if which there have been many, "choke" on any brand of BB, bio or otherwise.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I splashed out on £60 of Geoff biodegradable BBs the other month.

Completely forgot about them and they've been in the cold damp boot of my car since.

...I'm apprehensive to even try them now.

Even worse because the bags aren't sealed or vacuum packed! There's a little hole in the corner of each bag!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Er, so what are you meant to do with left-over BBs at the end of the day?  Mag dump them into the bushes in order to save the planet?

32 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Er, so what are you meant to do with left-over BBs at the end of the day?  Mag dump them into the bushes in order to save the planet?

With correct planning,preparation and precision you should plan how many bbs you need before you go. 🤣

Fair point I only considered the financial issues but eventually you could have many half used packs of bio bbs with such rules.

Myself and a friend who were also on the test day at this site under Battle PB&A are going to head to this one, hopefully the wind is nowhere near as bad as that day (if you remember @Asomodai) Zed run sites well and Luke always does his best to make the day fun. The site has great potential just in my opinion under different management than the previous. 

My friend told me no more necessity for bios, they're preferred not enforced.

would love to try it, but its just at the edge of how far im willing to drive for a game. And as its woodland  wont make that trek, similar reasons why I dont goto Battle lakes often, love the site but its just that little bit too far with nothing special to draw me in. Shame as Zed run good sites and run them well!

Archived