M4 hop up chambers?

_neardark
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

whats a good brand of hop up chamber replacement for an m4?

So my specna edge has finally had its first fault and I think its the bucking so while im getting that fixed I thought I might aswell replace the hop up chamber as people have said the stock specna one is rubbish.

any recommendations would be really appreciated 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, _neardark said:

people have said 

[Who?]

Once you change the hop chamber, you run the risk of it not mating with the gearbox, or the nozzle, or the rubber, or the nub, or the the barrel.

Honestly, I'd fix whatever's actually wrong with it rather than chasing the unicorn of a toy gun that performs better than stock.

Either just replace your hop rubber or, if you need to scratch the upgrade itch, get a maxx model hop unit. It’s the only one that’s an upgrade. The rest are a bit meh. 

I tend to find that most manufacturers fit hop rubbers that are too hard for the UK climate and power levels. Worth fitting a decent rubber, I happen to get good results with Rocket reds but everyone has their favourite 

• Supporters

As above, hop rubber first. The only real advantage an "upgraded" hop unit gives you is finer adjustment and things like tracers.

G&g green aint too bad, or flathops can be cheap and effective (although a pretty tight sweet spot).

I do like pdi's w hop as a drop in although itll struggle with real heavy ammo. maple leaf stuff is better but can take some fettling of the feed lips to get it to feed right.

For hop units themselves i get decent results out of pro-win although i've heard they can be a bit sensitive in some recievers. The maxx unit @E21A mentions looks pretty damn good although i've not used one (although i plan to at some point).

Just avoid madbull's one, utterly terrible.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The maxx unit @E21A mentions looks pretty damn good although i've not used one (although i plan to at some point).

They’re fantastic, well worth the money. Beautifully made and the cnc concave ally nubs that come with them are great 

Archived