Guns for a newbie

Beardedviking94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically I've got my eyes on 2 guns to start with

1, KJ  Works Stealth Assassin SOCOM MK23 Gas pistol

2, Specna Arms Rock River Arms SA-E11 Edge Carbine

with the kj works. Apart from the gun itself what else is needed to take to a site and play. 

Speedloader, bbs and gas as a minimum. If you want to use it as a "secondary" a holster will be required. If your going to be shooting it you will need magazines and then magazine retention of some kind. I run my pistol as a primary a lot and empty 3 30 round magazines when having a good round. 

Have you considered what you will need for your Specna arms? Batteries,  charger, bbs and a speedloader (or a high-capacity magazine as it comes with mid caps)  as a minimum to shoot it.  

This is before you add stuff like weapon lights, slings, optics, chest rig or plate carrier.  I assume you already have eye protection but if not then it all costs money.  

That's interesting thank you 

There doesnt seem to be a massive amount of extra mags compared to something like a 1911 expecially needing 3-4 for a good game 

Yes I have everything written down for the specna after I have my defence. And also do have all camo gear/protection needed

The advantage of a hi-capa is the base magazines are 31 rounds and you can get extended 50 round magazines. The glocks standard magazines don't hold as many but if you wanted to run glock primary you can get 50 rounder magazines as well. 

I would hold off an a pistol and spend the money on your primary for now as magazines are really expensive for pistols and all the extra guff adds up quickly, holster,magazines,magazine retention,gas, and silicon oil.  We are also going in to winter where they struggle to run because of the way temperature effects pressure. I noticed on my last game day my pistol was about 40 FPS lower than my previous chrono recordings which was only a 8 degrees difference from 18 to 10. 

They are fun but best to buy a good one and not a hip ornament. 

I'm going to hold out until I've got my UKARA membership so I can avoid buying a two tone version of the specna and by then I'll have around £5-600 to get myself kitted out and go from there 

Going to take a trip up to patrol base when ready and go from there 

If your heart it set on a specna which is a good choice then I'd try to look for the magazines being in stock and getting them ordered ASAP as my friend had to wait ages for them. 2 mid caps would only work for CQB

You could look for a BFG if you want to get something sooner as you don't need ukara for those.

I am set on that one I like the gun itself and all the attachments e.c.t available for it 

I've seen a pack of 5 mid caps for that gun and even a 1500 drum mag is possible to get too 

My friend had to file down a lonex flash mag for it to fit his. 

He picked up the 5 pack of s-mags so now he has 7 which is about all anyone one carriers anyway. 

In the future he wants to get the odin PTS 200round mid caps that have a indicator on the side for how much you have left. 

+1 for the Specna S-Mags, very tough bits of kit. Better if you can find the 5 pack in stock anywhere but they seem to sell like hot cakes.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Musica said:

My friend had to file down a lonex flash mag for it to fit his

Eh, STANAG.  Ex-Workmate Eddy's vanilla G&G CM16 needed half of the mags that he bought for it given a gentle kiss with a file.  Standards are great: let's have lots of them.

Archived