Wanting advice on purchasing a AEG

NewToAirsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Everyone

Fairly New I’m looking at buying my first AEG and I’m looking to buy something that’s durable but but budget friendly. I don’t know much about any of the technical aspects of an AEG I’ve being looking at two brands in particular Specna Arms and G&G are these brands fairly durable and have a long life. I unfortunately don’t have the money to buy a AEG frequently 

Anyway thanks for reading

• Supporters

pretty much as above, find one you like, and to be sure you can ask on here and if there's any notable common issues with that specific model then at least you'll know before going in.

A mate has a coupe of Specnas which his kids use regularly. They get used hard and abused and both have been solid and totally dependable so far.

• Supporters
On 21/10/2019 at 09:50, NewToAirsoft said:

I was looking at this one 

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-e07-edge-carbine?fv=9414

(remove if not allowed)

Yup, that'll do.  All of the EDGE M4s will be essentially identical inside (barrel length doesn't really matter in airsoft), so just pick the one that you like the look of.

• Supporters

Should do.  Hop rubbers are consumable, and other parts (trigger contact, cut off levers, o-rings) wear down with use too.  The truth is that all airsoft guns are toys, made mostly of monkey metal, and sometimes the things break even while not even being used.

That's not to say that yours will, and Specna have a decent enough reputation, I just wanted to set your expectations.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, NewToAirsoft said:

Right thanks for that and any recommendations to what else I need to buy with it 

I know it needs batteries and a battery charger but is there anything else I need to get

(I don’t have anything already)

Have a look through these: 

Archived