Gunman Airsoft - Camp Bravo Filmsim

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Company: Gunman Airsoft

Site: Eversley Camp Bravo

Event Type: Filmsim

Site type: Woodland

Shop: Yes (BBs, gas and small selection of accessories, a few AEGs and Pistols)

Catering: Yes

Covered safe zone: Yes

Today me and one of the team went to Gunmans Camp Bravo for one of their monthly filmsim days. This will be about the 4th or 5th time we've been to a Gunman event so pretty much new what to expect. Josh and his team of player-marshals are always friendly, helpful and well organised.

We arrived at about half 8, signed in and set up our kit. Signing in was straightforward with no massive queue or waiting around. I picked up some ammo for a reasonable price and we bagged ourselves a nice spot in one of the safe zone tents. There isn't much seating but the tables are big enough for a fair amount of people if it is raining. There are two clean portaloos and although it wasn't set up this time, the on-site kitchen will be ready for business imminently. Its also quite easy to find, there's a small signpost from either direction just off the main road which you won't miss unless you're going a bit fast.

Joshs' briefing was to the point and explained the rules of the particular game well. All guns were chronoed before heading out onto the field, although no stickers or tags were placed on guns to confirm this. Limits were up to 350fps for AEGs, 500fps with a 30m MED for DMRs; so pretty standard for most sites.

The site itself is massive. Lots of trees, undulating terrain with a few tracks. There are also swampy areas, a couple of streams and massive amounts of bracken (Very good for cover). Unlike the main Eversley site, Camp Bravo does not have any structures or built up barricades. There are a handful of pallet walls and plastic drums but that's it. However, the natural terrain provides plenty of cover and we did feel as though this was a problem for gameplay.

The games were objective based, and 2 hours long in duration with about a 45 minute break in between for lunch. Initially I was sceptical that 4 hours gaming time was not enough, but the terrain and carrying an LMG around soon persuaded me otherwise! Lunch was proper burgers which are ordered at the start of the day.

We had no problems with non-hit taking or people not abiding by the rules which had been set out. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and there was no shortage of things to get stuck in with. The site is big enough that although firefights tend to be at relatively close quarters, you're not bumping into the enemy every 2 minutes and there is freedom to flank around.

In all a very very enjoyable day, and we will definitely be back for further Gunman games in the future.

Camp_Bravo_249_2.jpg

Archived