A sources of cardboard boxes for posting RIF s

Sniper780
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was just doing a general tidy up in the attic were, unfortunately, I found several of my AEGs original boxes have been damaged beyond use.  

I normally like to post the AEG in the original box when I do sell as I know it fits and has some internal protection and can generally survive the tender ministrations of the logistical carriers  

I have seen some logistical supplies shops that sell various Cardboard boxes but they require an order in the tens if not hundreds to make it worthwhile, and is expensive also some local shop to me let people take the backing boxes but they are generally not suitable. 

Just wondering if anyone has a possible source of cardboard boxes or an alternative? ( I know you could make an advert collection/ meet up only but that does limit the pool of potential buyers)  

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

You local post office might be worth a try?  I know ours stocks quite a lot of stuff like that?

5 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

Was just doing a general tidy up in the attic were, unfortunately, I found several of my AEGs original boxes have been damaged beyond use.  

I normally like to post the AEG in the original box when I do sell as I know it fits and has some internal protection and can generally survive the tender ministrations of the logistical carriers  

I have seen some logistical supplies shops that sell various Cardboard boxes but they require an order in the tens if not hundreds to make it worthwhile, and is expensive also some local shop to me let people take the backing boxes but they are generally not suitable. 

Just wondering if anyone has a possible source of cardboard boxes or an alternative? ( I know you could make an advert collection/ meet up only but that does limit the pool of potential buyers)  

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I kept my old boxes and just wrapped in bubble wrap and then a bin sack and sent them. Although I'd go to shops etc and ask them for boxes 

At Toms Internet Trading* we have a policy of reduce, reuse & recycle.

That means I collect my Jiffy bags, plastic mailer bags, bubble wrap and packaging / boxes.

Supermarket fruit & veg cardboard boxes are good strong boxes, can be scored with a blade / cut to fit and also combined with additional boxes for big items or awkward shapes.

Add bin bags and an abundance of parcel tape.

Be careful with making strong packaging as strong boxes can very quickly add on the weight.

For Parcel Force and Royal Mail the cost quickly adds up with the slightest bit of weight.  Couriers are more cost effective when the size/shape/dimensions are right

Make sure you take this into account and account for secure packaging when pricing up

Dedicated postage boxes of the right dimensions tend to give a fair balance of being solid at a lower weight 

* AKA my eBay 

Archived