Velcro battle rig etc

ChrisG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Specifically talking about Novritsch's new rig https://eu.novritsch.com/product/battlebelt-gen2/ and the belt where they vecro together for an immovable snug fit. Yes it's Nov 🤔, but has anyone got/used one, what's it like? Pro's cons? Or anything similar, my current one does move about and shake so was thinking this would be more tactical...

I know this isn't really what you asked, but...

I've got an FRV Tailoring belt, which uses a velcro two belt system. I can't fault it tbh, it stays tight to my body, and doesn't shift, even if I'm drawing mags or my pistol. The magazines are in Kydex pouches, so have good passive retention and need a good pull to get out, but this doesn't cause the belt to shift at all.

Just getting it on straight in line with the inner belt takes a bit of time/practise, but overall, no issues.

For that money, I'd look at the FRV Tailoring belts though. Lower profile, but with molle too.

https://frvtailoring.co.uk/collections/shooters-belt

Sawyer, no that's brill. Alternatives welcome! Wasn't sure if Nov's was the only one on the market or there were similar/cheaper/better etc. 

Yours looks even slimmer. No chest rig? Not even sure ones needed tbh 🙄.

I just know at my site if anyone needs medic'ing, they rag you to the ground 😂 so I'd rather a rig pulled than clothing. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Sawyer, no that's brill. Alternatives welcome! Wasn't sure if Nov's was the only one on the market or there were similar/cheaper/better etc. 

Yours looks even slimmer. No chest rig? Not even sure ones needed tbh 🙄.

I just know at my site if anyone needs medic'ing, they rag you to the ground 😂 so I'd rather a rig pulled than clothing. 

I use a separate plate carrier, but there is an optional yoke rig on there.

I have an FRV tailoring one too.  It's great.  There are loads of companies that make them like Persec Gear, Ronin Tactics, Blue Alpha Gear, HSGI, Tyr Tactical, Eagle, Esstac etc. 

Quite a few Eastern Europe manufacturers too.  There are also TMC and Emerson clones.

I've got the EmersonGear version, not had the opportunity to try it in game though.  I agree with @Sawyer, they take a little practice when putting on but even mine everything seems very secure, even fully loaded.

As @hitmanNo2 said, there's plenty of alternative brands at varying prices and quality levels.

Also the one Nov's sells is just a Templars Gear belt (Templars is a polish company that makes milspec stuff, top quality at decent prices, a bit like Warrior Assault Systems).

An alternative would be the WAS low profile molle belt.

Or, you could make your own ;) and save a shitload of money :) just ask a tailor to sew 2 strips of velcro on 2 different belts and voila, velcro belt done :)

3 hours ago, Sawyer said:

I know this isn't really what you asked, but...

I've got an FRV Tailoring belt, which uses a velcro two belt system. I can't fault it tbh, it stays tight to my body, and doesn't shift, even if I'm drawing mags or my pistol. The magazines are in Kydex pouches, so have good passive retention and need a good pull to get out, but this doesn't cause the belt to shift at all.

Just getting it on straight in line with the inner belt takes a bit of time/practise, but overall, no issues.

For that money, I'd look at the FRV Tailoring belts though. Lower profile, but with molle too.

https://frvtailoring.co.uk/collections/shooters-belt

I use one of these too excellent kit and not tooo expensive.

I have a FRV and it’s all I use to carry my gear on. Double stacked mag pouches on my left, dump pouch and knife on the rear, grenade on my front right with pistol then pistol mag pouches. 

Nothing moves, has been lost or fallen off and is solid as fook!! 

People have mentioned it takes practice to line up properly but honesty it doesn’t really matter, if it’s slightly off it’s still solid and works perfectly.

only issue was delivery took ages and communication was not great, but 100% would recommend 

On 19/10/2019 at 21:51, Albiscuit said:

only issue was delivery took ages and communication was not great, but 100% would recommend 

Yeah.  This could be much clearer on their site.  You see something listed as in stock.  You order it, pay for 1st class delivery.  Expect it in a couple of days right?  Nope.  In stock means that the materials needed to make the item are in stock and that it will take a few weeks for whatever reason...Super helpful.  I have no issue with the wait.  Just a bit better if it was obvious that was the case as "in stock" is a bit misleading.

19 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Yeah.  This could be much clearer on their site.  You see something listed as in stock.  You order it, pay for 1st class delivery.  Expect it in a couple of days right?  Nope.  In stock means that the materials needed to make the item are in stock and that it will take a few weeks for whatever reason...Super helpful.  I have no issue with the wait.  Just a bit better if it was obvious that was the case as "in stock" is a bit misleading.

I ordered one on Friday in MTP and it was delivered less than a week later. I do know that FRV prioritise serving forces over non serving so it could just be a bit of bad luck as to timing. 

21 hours ago, Stodgy said:

I ordered one on Friday in MTP and it was delivered less than a week later. I do know that FRV prioritise serving forces over non serving so it could just be a bit of bad luck as to timing. 

It was during a sale, so obviously he had a LOT of orders, but like mentioned above a little communication that the order would take a while plus a little longer due to demand and I would have been happy. A note on the website or an automated email would have done me. But I had nothing for a few weeks, I emailed and got nothing back then it turned up.. I  was in no rush, bit a little transparency and comms would have gone a long way!

Archived