Rubber Machete

AmberYooToob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

If you're ERPT in the Met then you know the numbers are significantly higher than that. 

I'm not here for a dick waving contest. I know what I know and clearly you know what you know.

Good use of PAW. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
12 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

my bags weight is at the maximum I can carry

Lol, I didn't want your life story, your original question was regarding attaching your machete to the outside of your bag, to which there will only ever be one answer, but now you mention WEIGHT, well the machete doesn't get any lighter on the outside of the bag compared to the inside.

As for the rest of your kit, clearly your carrying to much kit anyway, more than you need & more than is feasible for riding a bike, you need to consider if the amount of kit your carrying will:

1. Adversely affect the handling of the bike, possibly putting you at risk

2. Have the potential for a greatly increased risk of harm should you come off ?

For example, I'm a biker & I was constantly warning a mate not to carry his small disc lock in his jacket pocket, to instead secure it to the bike, but he wouldn't listen, & when he eventually did have an accident, the lock not only smashed his ribs, it caused internal injuries that caused him problems for years afterwards............you need to consider this.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Things can go bad very quickly due to other factors, such as being shot dead in an armed response due to being Scottish in London with a table leg in a carrier bag.  

Or a Brazilian electrician getting on a tube train when Cressida Dick is running the shift.

But, you know, if your mate who knows you like rubber blades guessed that it was a rubber blade, you'll probably be reet.

3 hours ago, Sawyer said:

As for probbies, yeah they're frontline, they're also new and don't have the necessary experience to be put forward for the course. That's the attitude of the Met anyway, other forces may differ.

Edit: and you've still got to pass the course once you're on it. 

The course can't be that difficult if they pass someone that does this.

1 minute ago, hitmanNo2 said:

The course can;t be that difficult if they pass someone that does this.

Posting a video once is easier than passing a taser course, but here we are...

Some people luck out, and not everyone who passes necessarily should.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Jeez, the poor old guy didn't look like he weighed 10st soaking wet, why they couldn't get him under control is beyond me, & yeah the taser was totally unnecessary, lucky it didn't trigger a coronary 🤕

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Lol, I didn't want your life story, your original question was regarding attaching your machete to the outside of your bag, to which there will only ever be one answer, but now you mention WEIGHT, well the machete doesn't get any lighter on the outside of the bag compared to the inside.

As for the rest of your kit, clearly your carrying to much kit anyway, more than you need & more than is feasible for riding a bike, you need to consider if the amount of kit your carrying will:

1. Adversely affect the handling of the bike, possibly putting you at risk

2. Have the potential for a greatly increased risk of harm should you come off ?

For example, I'm a biker & I was constantly warning a mate not to carry his small disc lock in his jacket pocket, to instead secure it to the bike, but he wouldn't listen, & when he eventually did have an accident, the lock not only smashed his ribs, it caused internal injuries that caused him problems for years afterwards............you need to consider this.

My response was basically just to state “it cannot fit into the bag” also my bag is strapped to my bike with bungee chords and attached to me with quick release straps (the type that’ll come undone if I just tug on them) in order to prevent my bag becoming dislodged to the left or right and causing unbalance

51 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Jeez, the poor old guy didn't look like he weighed 10st soaking wet, why they couldn't get him under control is beyond me, & yeah the taser was totally unnecessary, lucky it didn't trigger a coronary 🤕

Yeah, poor skills, and basically just relying on the taser as a crutch for a lack of proper control. Old bloke was a dick though to be fair.

Tasers are unlikely to trigger heart related conditions, purely because they're designed to cause Neuromuscular Incapacitation, rather than transmit any shock to internal organs. Not saying it wouldn't cause additional stress on a persons body, but heart related concerns aren't as big as you might think. Biggest worry is a secondary head injury from an unsupported fall. Pacemakers are something to consider though.

Although like anything, studies go both ways, but given that there are relatively few Taser related deaths related to issues that aren't secondary injuries from the fall, it's fair to say.

1 hour ago, Sawyer said:

Yeah, poor skills, and basically just relying on the taser as a crutch for a lack of proper control. Old bloke was a dick though to be fair.

Fuck him his had chance to comply. I don't care if less force could have been used if people aren't cooperating force is the only option.  

Just now, Musica said:

Fuck him his had chance to comply. I don't care if less force could have been used if people aren't cooperating force is the only option.  

I'm not disagreeing. Basically I feel like it could have be brought under control a lot quicker with a bit more assertive action from the start, and then it probably wouldn't have ended up in a taser deployment, and therefore not in the papers, and her not ending up in court.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sawyer said:

Tasers are unlikely to trigger heart related conditions, purely because they're designed to cause Neuromuscular Incapacitation, rather than transmit any shock to internal organs. Not saying it wouldn't cause additional stress on a persons body, but heart related concerns aren't as big as you might think. Biggest worry is a secondary head injury from an unsupported fall. Pacemakers are something to consider though.

Although like anything, studies go both ways, but given that there are relatively few Taser related deaths related to issues that aren't secondary injuries from the fall, it's fair to say.

Yeah, being a total twat, but given his obvious mature years, those involved shouldn't take anything for granted, & yeah, easy to upset the rhythm of a pacemaker, especially the type that can restart the heart by way of a shock (another one lol 😂).

you just expect better of plod, especially in this day & age when educational standards upon entry have allegedly been raised............although I think that's an argument for another thread 🤔

Just now, Tackle said:

you just expect better of plod, especially in this day & age when educational standards upon entry have allegedly been raised............although I think that's an argument for another thread 🤔

Some of the best coppers I ever worked with were ex-squaddies. Some of the worst were graduates.

For another thread though, aye? 😉

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

Really, the stroppy old bugger was 65 at the time, probably a grandad, so if your grandad was pissed off with the attitude of a couple of very amateur coppers (I think we can all agree in the scheme of things they were shite), & let's not forget the "sus" laws were scrapped years ago, so grandad 👴🏼 is not required to identify himself unless very specific criteria is met, would you be happy if your grandad was not only tasered, but in a manner that has the potential of causing serious injuries, that would be ok would it.

im 100% pro police, many mates serving & but for severe rta injuries,I would prob be one now, & agree that non compliance may then need an escalation of APPROPRIATE force, but if 2 cops, one a burly bloke, the other a surley mare, can't reasonably restrain an elderly skinny Rasta who's non-violent, they're in the wrong job.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Sawyer said:

Fucks sake Tackle, lets not get into your definition of violent again! 😋

Lol, I'll shut up now 🖕

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Old bloke was a dick though to be fair.

That's the tail end of that incident and there's much more of a tale behind it.

That was the second time that Avon and Somerset police had falsely and peremptorily accused that chap of being another bloke, Royston MacCalla, a much younger man who looks nothing like him except for being black and dreadlocked (but in a different style).  They don't even have the same eye colour.

In the first incident, in 2008, they accused him of being MacCalla who was in prison at the timewent hands on and broke his shoulder while cuffing him, leaving him with lasting injuries. As a direct result of that incident, Avon and Somerset set up a race relations advisory group on which he served, to assist police with understanding that policing by consent means not just marching up to people and barking "Who are you? Prove it!" based on the vaguest of generalisations.

So can you imagine how he felt when they did exactly that to him again?  He was once again accused of being MacCalla and required to prove that he wasn't (do you imagine they'd have just taken his word for it?). Hard to keep calm when you're still in pain from the last time you got set about, and hard not to stand on the same rights that you've been invited to explain to that same police force that you do enjoy.

The plonk who lit him up had even encountered MacCalla before, but, you know, all samey-same, right?

You'd think that after the publicity from that second incident that they'd figure it out, but nope, they're still mistaking him for the bad Yardie.

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's the tail end of that incident and there's much more of a tale behind it.

That was the second time that Avon and Somerset police had falsely and peremptorily accused that chap of being another bloke, Royston MacCalla, a much younger man who looks nothing like him except for being black and dreadlocked (but in a different style).  They don't even have the same eye colour.

In the first incident, in 2008, they accused him of being MacCalla who was in prison at the timewent hands on and broke his shoulder while cuffing him, leaving him with lasting injuries. As a direct result of that incident, Avon and Somerset set up a race relations advisory group on which he served, to assist police with understanding that policing by consent means not just marching up to people and barking "Who are you? Prove it!" based on the vaguest of generalisations.

So can you imagine how he felt when they did exactly that to him again?  He was once again accused of being MacCalla and required to prove that he wasn't (do you imagine the'd have just taken his word for it?). Hard to keep calm when you're still in pain from the last time you got set about, and hard not to stand on your rights when you've been recruited to explain to the same police that are that's making the same mistake again, yes, you do enjoy those rights.

The plonk who lit him up had even encountered MacCalla before, but, you know, all samey-same, right?

You'd think that after the publicity from that second incident that they'd figure it out, but nope, they're still mistaking him for the bad Yardie.

To be honest, I'd just comply, tell them who I REALLY am, and think of the money I'm going to get for being dicked over for a second time if I end up in custody. Also " went hands on and broke his shoulder while cuffing him, leaving him with lasting injuries. " In my years in, I never once injured a COMPLIANT prisoner, so it makes me wonder how much resistance he was offering up. Most coppers on the ground aren't going to know who is in prison, given most sentences handed out these days are in hours rather than years.

Like I say, poor drills from the coppers in the video, but ultimately it's a two way street. 99.9% of coppers aren't looking for an excuse to batter someone, and if no resistance is given, no force will be used. He's a grown man, he can deal with it like a grown man. As frustrating as a trip to the nick might be, no one is getting injured, and he's more than likely to get some sort of payout for that. If he'd stayed calm, it likely wouldn't have even got to that point.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say they're still mistaking him though. A unit asked him his name, he didn't reply, they looked closer, saw it wasn't him and foxtrot oscared, hardly a violation of his rights.

I sympathise with the bloke for being mistaken twice, but I also think that some people will it to happen, for their own agenda.

Racist coppers get found, and kicked out pretty sharpish in this day and age. The culture isn't what it was 15, 20 years ago.

We've also gone WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic.

if he just complied he would of been fine. If my  grandads being a cunt then taze him too. If you've done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide help the police and comply then they can spend their time looking for the right guy etc.

56 minutes ago, Musica said:

if he just complied he would of been fine. If my  grandads being a cunt then taze him too. If you've done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide help the police and comply then they can spend their time looking for the right guy etc.

He complied on the first occasion giving his real name, and was still bundled to the floor

On the second occasion he was severely injured

On three occasions he has had bad experiences from officers who have claimed that he is a younger man who does not look like him.

Its understandable why he has become guilty of being belligerent and black.

18 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

He complied on the first occasion giving his real name, and was still bundled to the floor

You were there? Just curious, because you say he complied.

He was aggressive, offensive and non compliant with the officers. Doesn't matter what happened in the past it's not relevant to the situation. Just because he is old doesn't mean they can't use force.

Archived