What should I do ?

mobile chicane
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all new member with a bit of a dilema.

I've only playrd twice so far both times at the mall in reading and both times I've bought a gun from the onsite shop who are as I'm led to believe allowed to sell to non ukhara (sp) members as its on skirmish site.

I first bought a brand new glock g17 which is fine although I did damage the mag by dropping it so I'll be needing a new one or at least the plastic clip part at the top before my next skirmish.

on my second visit the on site shop had a JLS beretta rx4 storm up for £50, the gun was a cash sale ( it had been used as a film prop, painted green and was sold as used with no waranty )it worked fine on full auto but would not behave itself at all on single shot.

I took the gun to bits after having a look here http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JLS-E04-...S=fzhidzc9.1p20

to see if there was anything I could do to fix it unfotrunatley in my misguided attempts to rebuild the gearbox I broke the piston and a new one I aquired although almost exactly the same dosent seem to work in the gun it just locks the box up :(

I wont be trying to get my money back as I took the box to bits and the gun was sold as seen.

I have spent enough time already trying to repair it myself and I suspect any airsoft shop might charge me at least £30 to sort the gun out.

TBH I'd rather get my licence and spend £100 ish on a new reliable assult rifle than muck about with the baretta and have it cause me hasle.

The gun may just need a bit of tlc and a couple of parts fettled by the right person and tbh I'd rather sell it as a fixer upper for £30 ( incl mag ) and just cut my losses.

now the hard bit I'm not yet a ukhara member so can I sell it to a member without my licence as a repair or parts project or do I have to wait until I get my licence ?

I can post up pics if requested I also upgraded the power connector to a standard deans one although this wont be hard to change.

I await coments and if there posotive I'll whack a post in guns for sale

• AF-UK Founding Member

If it's an RIF you should never of been sold it as far as I am aware.

You can still sell but it must be in accordance with the forum rules, you cannot buy until you have your registration though.

• Supporters
If it's an RIF you should never of been sold it as far as I am aware.

iirc as long as your a member of that site and can prove your a skirmisher (as he was at there site) you can buy RIF's from there site face to face but for selling over the Internet its a different story.

as for selling you can sell a RIF without having UKARA, however if THEY dont have UKARA then 2 tone it for them unless they can prove there a member of a skirmish site. ;)

iirc as long as your a member of that site and can prove your a skirmisher (as he was at there site) you can buy RIF's from there site face to face but for selling over the Internet its a different story.

as for selling you can sell a RIF without having UKARA, however if THEY dont have UKARA then 2 tone it for them unless they can prove there a member of a skirmish site. ;)

no probs I thought that was the case add now placed in for sale section

Archived