What do you look for in an airsoft blog/channel?

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So if he were to post my boatrace in one of his click baity videos saying 'Watch me dispense justice to hideous Cheater' as an advert you could potentially get his video copyright struck....

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

So if he were to post my boatrace in one of his click baity videos saying 'Watch me dispense justice to hideous Cheater' as an advert you could potentially get his video copyright struck....

It would not be copyright, as you can’t copyright your face. However you don’t actually need to be a copyright holder to instigate a copyright breach !!!

How they generate their income may vary, if YouTube monetisation then a breach claim will put a hold on it, if they are ‘giving a message from our sponsor’ then they have had that paid .... but want the next videos money to come, if they are promoting their website / products then it’s the potential sales or clicks that follow 

There is a whole subject of discussion though.

My face has appeared on TV, and I did not sign an explicit release.  On the day of filming our main ‘face’ did need to sign all the legal papers granting permissions - he was all over the programme, I was in a scene, he was a subject expert, named & spoke, I was a random character, uncredited and silent.  He gave legally documented consent, I gave implied consent.

I’ve been the subject of ‘modelling’ shoots with my sponsor - and not signed papers - but consent was there and our faces weren't shown.  Both sponsor and team have copies of the pictures - used both by them and also us in event promos etc

I could be called the face of a particular merchandise, due to drinking from my new mug straight away.  (It may have been my suggestion that the photo be used so I can’t claim back on that!)

An advertising agency will want to see model releases to protect themselves, but the lack of paperwork doesn’t mean the consent didn’t exist

• Supporters

What about Libel, if he puts in to the public domain a vid that he claims is full of "cheaters", & you watch it only to see yourself duck in to cover having had a BB strike something close to you, but not actually hit you, a scenario we've all experienced, probably more than once on any given gameday.

Let's be honest, not every shot on these vids is clear enough to show an impact on a player, just because he edits in an "X" to symbolise a strike doesn't mean it happened ?.

Bad enough to have some soppy Walt scream "take yer fuckin hits yer cnut" when they've missed you, but to have these Plebs broadcast it across the www .😡

13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What about Libel, if he puts in to the public domain a vid that he claims is full of "cheaters", & you watch it only to see yourself duck in to cover having had a BB strike something close to you, but not actually hit you, a scenario we've all experienced, probably more than once on any given gameday.

Let's be honest, not every shot on these vids is clear enough to show an impact on a player, just because he edits in an "X" to symbolise a strike doesn't mean it happened ?.

Bad enough to have some soppy Walt scream "take yer fuckin hits yer cnut" when they've missed you, but to have these Plebs broadcast it across the www .😡

If it ‘adversely’ affects your reputation, then you could

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Tackle said:

it's a tricky one, i dont think most folk would immediately remember or judge a "cheater" from an airsoft video but i could be wrong.

i've seen vids with folk i know being "called out" although that's more of a "this guy didn't take a gun hit, all the sites i play at those count" when the site the video was shot at was clear gun hits don't count.

i always have a very dim view of the "x" edits, unless the video is clear enough to show the bb striking (which is incredibly rare) or the person then proceeds to call the hit then it's not unreasonable to assume it was a near miss which is what i generally do. yes it's possible they're editing in hits they remember seeing through the scope but ask yourself this: can you remember every hit you've made on a given game day? because i sure can't.

of course even if the bb strikes someone doesn't mean they felt it, plenty of places you can be hit and have no idea, i've been called out before by folk next to me for something like my dump pouch taking a hit which i didn't hear or feel (1j at extended range doesn't hit all that hard), just the nature of the beast and you do need to bear that in mind that no matter how honest the player that can, and will, happen.

• 1 year later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.