What do you look for in an airsoft blog/channel?

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, C4milz Airsoft UK said:

well tbh i didnt mean to butt in, but it is rather on topic isnt it? for instance you lot are saying what you look for in a channel, if i give an example if you want to look go for it, im not exactly mashing your face onto the keyboard telling you to "watch like & subscribe" am i lol

plonk-usenet-3da7a246-e781-46b8-9c0d-001

18 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

As soon as I see sponsored by or paid partnership Ive automatically lost interest. I did hear a rumour that a certain blogger charges around £450 for a review of a single product, now I find it very hard to believe someone can 100% be subjective/unbiased when they are being paid for the review.

She hardly plays a full day either. 

48 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

She hardly plays a full day either. 

She's not UP to the task.

It was terrible, made no sense.

Also no, I'm not sorry.

49 minutes ago, SuckMySock said:

Genuine gameplay, in-depth reviews and unbiased thoughts. 

I have been watching Gun Gamers lately, that channel is great.

Praise Judy.

Gun gamers say bad things about good products. Hell he loves krytac and made a whole video bashing things to do with them because he likes them so much hes found almost all the little issues and niggles people should know about. That is how you can tell they aren't just trying to sell you things or use their "influence" to peddle shit. 

On 12/10/2019 at 13:07, SgtTalbert said:

She hardly plays a full day either

13 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

don't know who you're talking about ;)

I really, really don't know who your talking about?

I tend to be drawn more towards youtubers that review guns/gear and give good tips for the sport rather than one's who purely focus on gameplay. I go for smaller uk based youtubers like burntwolf or lone wombat airsoft because they have good reviews and good guides on various things within the sport of airsoft. The one's i stay away from most are the one's that have "OMG, KID REKT AND STARTS FIGHT" in the title. These, in my experience, tend to be more common with american youtubers. I'm not trying to put them down or anything but from my own experience, we seem to be more laid back when compared to places like the US. It's a game based on trust and at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun. So yeah, anything with rediculous titles and/or teenagers fighting eachother.

Oh, and novrithcjsbfhdb whatever his name is, i can never pronounce/spell it properly. I remember seeing one of his videos a long time ago and didn't really care much. Since then I've seen arguments for why people don't like him and i get it. His stuff being overpriced and trying to get new players to jump in the deep end with sniping and then give up on airsoft when they realise they aren't captain macmillan from modern warfare could prove rather damaging to the future of the sport. Every hobby needs the hobbyists to keep it going and if they splash out on his gear and then give up after they realise it's not as easy as novvi makes it sound then that's not good for anyone except his bank account. 

Templar is another decent one but i don't think he has done weapon reviews in a while

So yeah, i go for the smaller channels personally but to each their own. Just my twopence. 

30 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Two months ago full thrust was the future. Are we there yet?

Interesting concept, but failed application :P

as usual when it comes to WAZZAPGAYS xD

• Supporters

Garand Thumb for the win. If only for the comments section!

Airsoft "reviews" of kit that are literally just "it's a thing that's made of stuff it comes in lots of colours" are worse than useless, same goes for unboxing videos of gifted bits.

Actual informative reviews of stuff a la @TheFull9 are great, anything that has the "reviewer" in full gear fumbling about with stuff while wearing tactical gloves gets an ignore straight away.

I'll also say one of the BEST channels for airsoft is Negative Airsoft https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWFrvXg78qI4j8Brfit2XA cos Luke is ace and he swears like a navvy with Tourettes.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Actual informative reviews of stuff a la @TheFull9 are great, anything that has the "reviewer" in full gear fumbling about with stuff while wearing tactical gloves gets an ignore straight away.

Nah my stuff is terrible, nobody watch it.

To be fair I often wear some gloves in video where my hands will be seen close up, but usually I've torn back the skin around my nails on gun parts during the week and I just don't think people wanna see it.  I sure can't stand watching videos when the subject can't even spend £2 on a nail brush to clear all the black shit out from under there when they wash their hands.  Maybe if you're a chimney sweep or like work in an actual steel foundry and you're getting filthy all over every single day, but my hands get filthy from carbon and OX-24 all the time and I get them clean so I don't think there's an excuse for most people.

17 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Nah my stuff is terrible, nobody watch it.

To be fair I often wear some gloves in video where my hands will be seen close up, but usually I've torn back the skin around my nails on gun parts during the week and I just don't think people wanna see it.  I sure can't stand watching videos when the subject can't even spend £2 on a nail brush to clear all the black shit out from under there when they wash their hands.  Maybe if you're a chimney sweep or like work in an actual steel foundry and you're getting filthy all over every single day, but my hands get filthy from carbon and OX-24 all the time and I get them clean so I don't think there's an excuse for most people.

I liked your live stream, I say liked... I also feel an intense hatred (in a nice way of course) towards you because of the amount of spaff worthy clothing you have accumulated not to mention knowledge on it.

@TheFull9 your reviews are good, the problem (which really isn't a problem tbf) is the subject, it's stuff that the average airsofter will never buy, whether it's because of the price/availability/style/whatever.

I could never do a video review of anything, my spoken London is pretty bad unless I've gone through a few beers and in general I am shy and feel dumb talking to a camera :P

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Skara said:

@TheFull9 your reviews are good, the problem (which really isn't a problem tbf) is the subject, it's stuff that the average airsofter will never buy, whether it's because of the price/availability/style/whatever.

I don't really get this kinda thing tbh, I mean correct me if this isn't what you're doing, but people have this habit of putting you in a box/category if you publish videos/blogs etc.  I'm literally just a gear guy, for any purpose or usage.  I skirmish occasionally because that's what I did before I joined up, I've also spend a good few months in sandy places (far more time than at airsoft games) and it's been mildly spicy on occasion so I care about 'real' stuff too.  I try to cover all potential uses in my content for that reason.

I like informative videos on load outs or guns. When they go into detail on their setups. I also like in in play videos like being a sniper or running crazy with an AEG

I'm not a fan of YouTube's who peddle their own shit; KM for example. There's nothing in those videos but a full on advert referring to themselves in the 3rd person 🙄🙄🤣

2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I don't really get this kinda thing tbh, I mean correct me if this isn't what you're doing, but people have this habit of putting you in a box/category if you publish videos/blogs etc.  I'm literally just a gear guy, for any purpose or usage.  I skirmish occasionally because that's what I did before I joined up, I've also spend a good few months in sandy places (far more time than at airsoft games) and it's been mildly spicy on occasion so I care about 'real' stuff too.  I try to cover all potential uses in my content for that reason.

It was your fault I bought at KWA LM4 about 6 years ago. I must have watched your videos on it to death 😂

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

It was a comment on your "no one watches my videos" statement, most of the people who look around for military/firearm related reviews are airsofters, and they usually look for generic or well known stuff, something you don't really show (but you do show other things, which may be useful for people who are serving).

1 hour ago, ChrisG said:

I'm not a fan of YouTube's who peddle their own shit; KM for example. There's nothing in those videos but a full on advert referring to themselves in the 3rd person 🙄🙄🤣

So basically any sniper channel lol

1 hour ago, Skara said:

It was a comment on your "no one watches my videos" statement, most of the people who look around for military/firearm related reviews are airsofters, and they usually look for generic or well known stuff, something you don't really show (but you do show other things, which may be useful for people who are serving).

So basically any sniper channel lol

These days pretty much yeah 😂 shame. I enjoy the new wannabe snipers there is some good content in those.

1 hour ago, Sawyer said:

"Today I've been tasked with..."

"The enemy has sent out a hunter force to hunt me down."

Oh do one. You've not been tasked with anything and no one is out looking just for you, you're at the same field playing the same sodding game as everyone else. Shut up and get on with prancing around in your bush suit.

Think that's a fair assessment. I like the smaller channels for sure.

I'll refer to myself in the third person and in this video I totally DOMINATE the field and TAKE OUT ALL ENEMIES whilst talking about how good my new ghillie is 🙄😂😂😭😭

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.