RS T97 is home :-)

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 15/10/2019 at 13:33, EvilMonkee said:

To quote Capt Darling... "Bugger"

Your name must be on an MI6 watchlist or something.  Would be interesting comparing the packaging on the 2 RIFs to see if their is a common denominator ie missing UKARA number.  I always always include my UKARA as part of my address block so it really can't be left out accidently.

Who knows! The second RIF is definitely stuck somewhere, but not with the Border Force entity that I have been dealing with. Unfortunately only the sender can investigate not myself. 

I may just have to wait for the seizure notice on this one. Hopefully it wont take as long as 6 weeks! 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

My calico is currently siezed. They've applied the charges and now it's in a holding area. 

Looks like I'm calling BF now then. 

How long did it take for when you knew the parcel entered the UK to when you received the seized notice?

• Supporters
On 10/10/2019 at 19:00, Asomodai said:

The BF guy on the phone actually said he just came back from training for firearms importation yesterday

I wonder if you chaps have just been unlucky or if there's something afoot.

10 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

How long did it take for when you knew the parcel entered the UK to when you received the seized notice?

I still haven't got one, just noticed the parcel was showing that they had applied customs charges but it hasn't moved from Coventry for a week

So I contacted PF Coventry, who have reported back that its seized. 

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I wonder if you chaps have just been unlucky or if there's something afoot.

Mine was on an airplane so I imagine it has to get through Heathrow customs which as we know always has a huge backlog. 

But yes. I think something has changed and things are finally being checked. I don't have a problem with that, I just want to be told that they are being checked without going crazy wondering why my tracking hasnt been updated for 6+ weeks!

So have you got it yet? My tracking hasn't updated for over a week, it has apparently been checked and there are no problems, ukara number was on the box, but I am told that it could take a few weeks for it to get from customs to parcel force depot. 

Whereas the item I sent to Japan took 4 days to get to his doorstep, this has been a month so far. 

On 17/10/2019 at 15:49, Cromulon1994 said:

My calico is currently siezed. They've applied the charges and now it's in a holding area. 

Looks like I'm calling BF now then. 

Sorry, when you say they've applied the charges, who is "they", and what charges are these?

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, typefish said:

Sorry, when you say they've applied the charges, who is "they", and what charges are these?

Likely to be duty & vat, if the items been stopped enroute from a non eu country, "they" will be customs & excise, but also the carrier will probably put a handling charge on top.

bless em 😏

2 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

So have you got it yet? My tracking hasn't updated for over a week, it has apparently been checked and there are no problems, ukara number was on the box, but I am told that it could take a few weeks for it to get from customs to parcel force depot. 

Whereas the item I sent to Japan took 4 days to get to his doorstep, this has been a month so far. 

No. They said it would with me by the end of last week but from what I understand it's still in Dover and needs to be collected by a courier or carrier. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

No. They said it would with me by the end of last week but from what I understand it's still in Dover and needs to be collected by a courier or carrier. 

It won't be dover, it'll be Coventry national hub. 

Yes, Tackle is right. 

5 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

It won't be dover, it'll be Coventry national hub. 

Yes, Tackle is right. 

Mine is in Dover because Border force picked it up in a special check. It never got to Parcel Force so it's not on Coventry. 

My other rifle though, no idea. Lost tracking for 11 days now. Like my T97. Probably been seized at Heathrow. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Likely to be duty & vat, if the items been stopped enroute from a non eu country, "they" will be customs & excise, but also the carrier will probably put a handling charge on top.

bless em 😏

I just love how carriers mug the recipient for completing the job that they've already billed the sender for doing.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I just love how carriers mug the recipient for completing the job that they're already billed the sender for doing.

Tell me about it, been stitched up a couple of times by PF, gits 😭

The tracking has updated this afternoon, it says revised customs charges calculated, and another update says released from customs. 

Now, the calico has cost me relatively little from a Japanese auction site. 

Will they charge me vat on what I actually paid for it or on what they perceive to be the actual value of the item? 

37 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

The tracking has updated this afternoon, it says revised customs charges calculated, and another update says released from customs. 

Will they charge me vat on what I actually paid for it or on what they perceive to be the actual value of the item? 

My Second RIF just got updated as passing through customs and now in the National sorting hub. 

My T97 is still missing on tracking presumably still in Dover. 

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

they charge me vat on what I actually paid for it or on what they perceive to be the actual value of the item? 

Technically it should be on what you paid for it, especially as it's (I assume ?) Secondhand & therefore a tax was levied upon it when sold as a new item, that's the normal practice the world over.

Should they attempt to estimate its value, being able to show what YOU paid for it will go a long way in your favour, the only other possible issue is if the seller has put a different value on the custom decs, I've seen that cause problems many times.

The other issue you'll have will be that you'll have to pay what it's been taxed at, plus the carrier's "admin" fee otherwise they won't let you have it, & then try to claw back any amount you can prove is incorrect.

Good luck

6 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Import charges can consist of the following :

1) Import VAT

This equals the VAT rate at 20% it used to be just on the item value but now also takes into account postage charges. This is because Hong Kong and Chinese sellers have had a habit of declaring value at $0.01 and then all costs in the postage (that wasn’t purely fraud on the

declaration but to bring their item

to the top of searches as the ‘cheapest’, to minimise eBay fees etc

2) import duty - depending on the item category (This should not currently apply to a RIF import)

3) handling fees.  Your package sits in a carriers bonded warehouse waiting, most of the time it isn’t even touched by customs but the authorised carriers at point of entry handle clearance, tax & duty

They are not necessarily the carrier paid by the sender 

Royal Mail and Parcel Force don’t operate overseas so have not been paid to driver incoming parcels - that is covered by reciperical arrangements for international deliveries 

The extra handling when things get held up is picked up in the blanket handling fees

Charges are based on :

1) the declared value

2) any paperwork that contradicts the customs declaration 

3) Customs may disregard declared / documented values and reassess a UK market price 

Import VAT and import duty are financial measures to protect the UK market

There are minimum thresholds, so if below the threshold value then there are no import VAT or fees to pay

8 hours ago, Asomodai said:

My Second RIF just got updated as passing through customs and now in the National sorting hub. 

My T97 is still missing on tracking presumably still in Dover. 

Still not got it?  Grrr......I used to import a lot but now........There is something to be said perhaps (and this shows the state we are in) for UPS when I buy stuff from Evike in the States, they keep it at their own hub and apply the tax themselves and allow you to pay it online.  They also sometimes try to charge you the tax again when delivering but i htink thats the drivers trying to pull a fast one.  Bar that and their retarded need for a Firearms Declaration form for even small parts I have to grudgingly admit they are pretty decent.

Got today off.

Checked tracking this morning and it was at the depot 5 mins away. 

So I now have it, and it's now in the classifieds. 

I got my RS type 97 in between buying it and getting it delivered, which tbf does absolutely everything I want from an airsoft gun, and then went and bought my winter project motorcycle which needs money chucking at it more than I need more guns. 

Because every time I see it stripped down it's like being kicked in the balls. 

But it's a really cool looking thing. And it's very "pointable" 

IMG_20191022_091309.jpg

Just rang up border force about the T97. They have to physically go down to Dover from Birmingham to pick it up to then forward on to Parcelforce and then to me. I asked if there was a reason it couldn't be sent by PF48 direct from Dover as they do allow RIFs to be sent and he said that this is the way it has to go for some reason. 

They cant give me a date estimate as they are really stretched at the moment. 

So I am kind of stuck 😕 

29 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Just rang up border force about the T97. They have to physically go down to Dover from Birmingham to pick it up to then forward on to Parcelforce and then to me. I asked if there was a reason it couldn't be sent by PF48 direct from Dover as they do allow RIFs to be sent and he said that this is the way it has to go for some reason. 

So I am kind of stuck 😕 

Makes you want to shake someone, screaming "it's a toy!" 

Sorry for your ballache!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

So I am kind of stuck 😕 

& I suppose they won't let you, or someone you can trust collect it from Dover personally ?.

15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

& I suppose they won't let you, or someone you can trust collect it from Dover personally ?.

I am thinking of going down that route in a weeks time. Train is about 15 quid return. 

We'll see. 

Archived