RS T97 is home :-)

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

& I suppose they won't let you, or someone you can trust collect it from Dover personally ?.

Got fed up. I have emailed them to ask if I can pick it up in person from Dover. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/10/2019 at 20:28, Cromulon1994 said:

It won't be dover, it'll be Coventry national hub. 

Yes, Tackle is right. 

Indeed, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure as you used the phrase "seized"

Just had an email back. 

BF has arranged the collection for the good from the Dover location. As it hasn't completed going through customs I cannot collect it myself, my guess is that it arrived in Dover from Germany and never moved. 

It should be picked up from Dover and arrive in Birmingham some time next week, then forwarded on to Parcel Force. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email stating that it has been put back into the GLS system and I should be receiving it this week! Here's hoping!

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The tracking number works!!!

It's these brief moments of hope that make the inevitable crushing disappointments all the more poignant. ;)

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

It's these brief moments of hope that make the inevitable crushing disappointments all the more poignant. ;)

Its now out for delivery... I am not home until 9pm tonight :(

Unless the truck catches fire or a neighbour opens it up and goes on a rampage, I "Should" be good!

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

fingers crossed bud, it's been one hell of a ride to get this far!

Delivered to a neighbour! 

Bless the old dear she doesn't answer the door in the evening though :(

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

She can now that she's got a gun...

True! She was almost conned with tree removal last month and has had lots of bother at night from the twats. Shes 92 years young and a lovely person. 

• Supporters

Without going too far off topic, I'm seeing the attempts to scam the elderly going through the roof, so much so that I've had to convince my inlaws & a few friends/neighbors to change numbers & go ex directory, some were getting dozens of calls everyday trying to con or intimidate them, & not all originate overseas.

what a lovely world we live in 😡

15 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

True! She was almost conned with tree removal last month and has had lots of bother at night from the twats. Shes 92 years young and a lovely person. 

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

She can now that she's got a gun...

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Without going too far off topic, I'm seeing the attempts to scam the elderly going through the roof, so much so that I've had to convince my inlaws & a few friends/neighbors to change numbers & go ex directory, some were getting dozens of calls everyday trying to con or intimidate them, & not all originate overseas.

what a lovely world we live in 😡

Absolutely. They are pretty brazen about it as well. The "Company" dropped leaflets around every house and its the same company that tried to scam her. They did all the work, then brought in heavies to demand 4 times the quoted price and took her to the bank to withdraw the money. She shopped them to the bank teller and the police were called. The scammers scarpered quite quickly. So now she is on a hit list. :(

I find that the majority of these scams are from English people as well. It's a sad sad thing. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Absolutely. They are pretty brazen about it as well. The "Company" dropped leaflets around every house and its the same company that tried to scam her. They did all the work, then brought in heavies to demand 4 times the quoted price and took her to the bank to withdraw the money. She shopped them to the bank teller and the police were called. The scammers scarpered quite quickly. So now she is on a hit list. :(

I find that the majority of these scams are from English people as well. It's a sad sad thing. 

When they get caught what's the worst can happen, slap on the wrist or a brief "hotel" stay, where they want for nothing & get to catch up with old friends 😏

Thank god god the old girl still has her wits about her .

20191105_212023.thumb.jpg.7690569fffbf581f52a959ce0290b261.jpg

20191105_220747.thumb.jpg.1221f339d37d2366234a50a0b6d92260.jpg

So it's now home amongst its other expensive bullpup brethren.

Fit and finish is much better then the T97B. None of the trigger bar issues that I had with the B. Currently firing at 300 fps very consistant so will likely have to change the spring out for a stronger one. It seems lighter then the B model due to its weight being spread, less battery space as well due to the shape of the handguard.

I think I prefer the full length to the B!

My Ukara number was certainly printed o the parcel so Anareus are not to blame. It was just pulled aside as a random check. 

Thanks for everyone's advice to me in trying to get this home! It's going to my tech chewie to be given a once over and mosfet installation. 

I dremeled a small portion of the inside of the handguard out on mine. If you look down into the pistol grip there's a bit of a lip, I removed some of that, and an 11.1v lipo fits perfectly there now. 

55 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I dremeled a small portion of the inside of the handguard out on mine. If you look down into the pistol grip there's a bit of a lip, I removed some of that, and an 11.1v lipo fits perfectly there now. 

I did see that, would be useful if I dont want to keep the battery in the handguard proper but in the pistol grip. It didn't effect the structural integrity?

I can barely fit a 1450mah 7.4 stick if I take the handguard off and fit back on. 

1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

I did see that, would be useful if I dont want to keep the battery in the handguard proper but in the pistol grip. It didn't effect the structural integrity?

I can barely fit a 1450mah 7.4 stick if I take the handguard off and fit back on. 

Not at all. You're talking 1mm or so of material somewhere that doesn't need it. I'll take a photo when I'm home. Basically the battery then sits in the pistol grip. 

Just now, Cromulon1994 said:

Not at all. You're talking 1mm or so of material somewhere that doesn't need it. I'll take a photo when I'm home. Basically the battery then sits in the pistol grip. 

I was thinking of just installing the largest battery I can in the handguard and extending the wires down to the bottom of the pistol grip. Essentially making it a permanent battery and charge it within the rifle. 

But the expense of new batteries that might not fit! 

Cheers for that :)

8 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I was thinking of just installing the largest battery I can in the handguard and extending the wires down to the bottom of the pistol grip. Essentially making it a permanent battery and charge it within the rifle. 

But the expense of new batteries that might not fit! 

Cheers for that :)

I wouldn’t, have a battery issue and you’ll lose the gun, particularly when charging🤷🏼‍♂️

Archived