RS T97 is home :-)

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I disagree. Everyone who I have spoken to regarding this with PF and BF have been really nice people. Its just unlucky that my parcel got caught out in a random search. Just doing their jobs and the law is there for a reason! 

Of course I hope everything goes through fine, but considering my luck I am sure I will have worst case scenario! 

Ok maybe a tad harsh but incompetents at best who don't know the law they are meant to be enforcing 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Supermoose said:

Thanks, although that causes my Pedantry Gland to engorge as it only implies, but doesn't explicitly say, that they'll consider an S37 defence as though it were a licence to import.

This is perhaps significant as previous Border Force guidelines did say that.

Border Force could seize and destroy every RIF coming into the country, irrespective of whether or not a defence is in place, because unlike with real firearms, there is no licence that I'm aware of that allows importing RIFs.  And they could start doing that any time that they felt like it.

I mention all this in order to stress how important is that we not put thoughts like that in their head, or get huffy or start asserting our rights (which we don't have).  We need to keep them sweet on this, with a please and a thank you, sir.

I'm sure @Asomodai will do exactly that, he's a much more polite and patient chap than I am. ;)  This is aimed at anyone stumbling into this thread in future.

27 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Ok maybe a tad harsh but incompetents at best who don't know the law they are meant to be enforcing 

The BF guy on the phone actually said he just came back from training for firearms importation yesterday and that there was a big section on Airsoft in it. It's just he is not sure what his manager said about my particular case. 

Of course this wont help if the gun was sent to me firing hot. 

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Thanks, although that causes my Pedantry Gland to engorge as it only implies, but doesn't explicitly say, that they'll consider an S37 defence as though it were a licence to import.

I agree with the rest of your post but I wouldn't be too concerned by that in and of itself - this was issued by DIT and is written for an audience of importers.

Whereas BF guidance is/was IIRC for BF staff. 

In this instance i think they demonstrate the idea of defences (distinct from license or exemption bla bla) with something a layman would get - historical reeanctment. 

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Border Force could seize and destroy every RIF coming into the country, irrespective of whether or not a defence is in place, because unlike with real firearms, there is no licence that I'm aware of that allows importing RIFs.  And they could start doing that any time that they felt like it.

...sub 1.3J/2.5J airsoft replicas are firearms now?

6 minutes ago, typefish said:

No. But technically all RIF's are illegal by default without a valid defence I think?

Anything above that would be considered a firearm and illegal and not defence-able. 

23 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Is this something UKAPU could help with?

I know they offer legal support, but not sure if that covers importing of RIFs..

Not sure. I already have a copper looking into it who deals with RIFs on occasion. Who knows he might be able to swing something. Though I doubt it. 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
12 hours ago, typefish said:

Read what he said again

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

No. But technically all RIF's are illegal by default without a valid defence I think?

Anything above that would be considered a firearm and illegal and not defence-able. 

Maybe they cocked up & sent you a real one by mistake 💩 🤔

Thar would be awkward 😏

Rang up today to speak to the officer dealing with my case, as suspected he wasn't in. But the person I spoke to asked if it was to do with a "Firearm". I said yes, and he said he was discussing it with the guy and others yesterday. But he couldn't give me anymore information and to ring when the officer was in on Monday. 

Described as "Firearm" has got me worried. 

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

More likely just sloppiness on their part.  I wouldn't be saying yes to that question though.

Yeah I assumed he just didn't have the word airsoft in his mind at the time. But I agree I shouldn't have said yes! 

The fact they were discussing in the first place makes me think its something more then just an issue with a simple UKARA number. 

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Real Sword T97... has been cleared for release and it will hopefully be with me by the end of the week! 

They said everything checked out! :D

Thanks for all of your advice, I really appreciate it, including all the emails I sent to David from UKAPU

Cant wait! 

• Supporters

Hurray 👍

IMG_4742.JPG

Any indication as to what the issue was?  Just for future knowledge of us who import regularly.

11 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Any indication as to what the issue was?  Just for future knowledge of us who import regularly.

Unfortunately no. I suspect they just tagged S36 and S39 by default. I'd rather not ask exactly why in case they rethink it though! 

However I do have another RIF coming through that may also get stopped so I'll let you know! 

6 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Unfortunately no. I suspect they just tagged S36 and S39 by default. I'd rather not ask exactly why in case they rethink it though! 

I suspect as much, use of a template with a list of any or all of the applicable sections.

It would be interesting to know if the box has actually been opened..... and whether it was opened initially or only to double check after your response.

I’ve had things in the past where I’ve been asked if I’m importing a RIF etc, and then found that the box was untouched, and other occasions where boxes have been opened and resealed as inspected by customs 

14 hours ago, Tommikka said:

I suspect as much, use of a template with a list of any or all of the applicable sections.

It would be interesting to know if the box has actually been opened..... and whether it was opened initially or only to double check after your response.

I’ve had things in the past where I’ve been asked if I’m importing a RIF etc, and then found that the box was untouched, and other occasions where boxes have been opened and resealed as inspected by customs 

Well, we may need to go through this again anyway. The other RIF I ordered has been "stuck" since being exported to the UK on the 11th midnight. No update of it ever entering the UK, just like last time... Took me 6 weeks to find out it was in customs last time. If there is no movement by the end of the week I will contact border force proactively. 

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Well, we may need to go through this again anyway. The other RIF I ordered has been "stuck" since being exported to the UK on the 11th midnight. No update of it ever entering the UK, just like last time... Took me 6 weeks to find out it was in customs last time. If there is no movement by the end of the week I will contact border force proactively. 

To quote Capt Darling... "Bugger"

Your name must be on an MI6 watchlist or something.  Would be interesting comparing the packaging on the 2 RIFs to see if their is a common denominator ie missing UKARA number.  I always always include my UKARA as part of my address block so it really can't be left out accidently.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I always always include my UKARA as part of my address block so it really can't be left out accidently.

Yup, that's a good plan.

Unless you try it with TaiwanGun when it messes up your address a treat, which you don't actually find out until the shipping confirmation comes through. :(

Archived