G&G Firehawk

SnakeDoctor87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey gearbox question, please help, im loosing the will to live?

What is the stock spring in a firehawk and its equivalent? I have the normal firehawk not the hc05.

I only ask because when I got the gun second hand, I spruced it up a little internally. Cleaned it out, Re-shimmed and re-greased. Took it to play and it was fireing way too hot for my cqb arena. So dropped the spring to an m95 which sorted the fps and dropped it below 300fps. Anywho since then the fps started dropping, in between this I changed out the trigger unit to a perun v2 mosfet. So I popped the gearbox changed the spring to an m105 and nothing, fps remained the same as on the m95. So I thought airseal so tested everything airseal was fine on original g&g parts but the cylinder head was loose. So I went ham and swapped out all the internal seal components for a complete madbull upgrade kit. Tried it on the m95 was getting about 190fps, tried it on the m105 got it up to 218fps. Thought it was the hop rubber so bought a new one, fps remained the same. But through all this I noticed after the madbull parts were installed the fps started to hold at 190 fps on the m95 amd so on. So I figured I'd up the spring to 120, not going any further than that because i dont know how much the stock motor can handle. Now here's the kicker. Just put a guarder sp120 in rated for well over 350fps but still kicking out only 250fps now.

What am I missing because I've been at this for months now and havent been able to use my baby at the desired 300-330 fps. All this is on .2 bbs btw.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Snake 🐍

Hey guys,

I solved the issue. Turns out the madbull piston was too wide for the gearbox causing friction and slowing its movement. Changed back to the original G&G piston and the fps shot right up to 350ish.

Snake 🐍

Archived