How long for an aeg between servicing?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now that I can no longer skirmish I have no real need for my three rifles. But I love them and intend to keep one at least - maybe two.

However they will see very little use. I have two LCT AKs and a G&G GC16 and I have skirmished just one of them (the G&G, indoor at the Mill) , and on one occasion only. Apart from that each has been test fired at home, and taken to a 10m airgun range once. Plus I have only used nimh batteries in them so their rate of fire has not been high. 

So they are practically as new, and the gear boxes have not been put under any pressure. LCTs have a pretty anaemic motor anyway but  a very decent set of gears. However I have heard that aegs need servicing even if they have not been used because the lubricants tend to gum up or dry out. Is this true?

I'll probably end up with only one. How long can I keep it for very occasional use without servicing. 

They'll be fine for years as plinkers.

The most likely part to fatigue will be the main spring, especially if left compressed, the FPS will drop.

Electrics will be fine, obv leave disconnected and LiPos at a storage voltage if going to be left for ages.

if you fire em off even only once every 3 months they'll still be fine inside.

Archived