TM NGRS is it worth it?

joshcowin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 hours ago, PureSilver said:

This is pretty much it. If you want to have interactive features that should have been on other AEGs decades ago, you choose between a PTW ($2.4k plus $145 magazines if you want recoil), ERGs (nice, but flawed in a lot of ways NGRSs aren't), and Recoil Shocks. If you don't care about recoil you could add the regular PTWs (£1k+, haven't advanced in a decade), the Scorpion EVO3A1 (excellent gun, though no recoil) and the VFC MP7A1 ~AEG (like the Scorpion, but the price of an NGRS)

hello ding ding ding scoprion user here for that exact logic. ( I can see people's login of the evo looking a bit ugly those plastics rails up front are an eye sore)

Don't discount G&G G2 gearboxs they now sell 2 556 M4s with stop on empty and 2 308 style m4s. 

2 minutes ago, Musica said:

hello ding ding ding scoprion user here for that exact logic. 

Don't discount G&G G2 gearboxs they now sell 2 556 M4s with stop on empty and 2 308 style m4s. 

Yea, the stop on empty is pretty unreliable on them in my experience 

4 minutes ago, Musica said:

Really :( I was thinking to get one to join the m4 club.

Its only based on a sample of 1 (my own, a 308) but from time to time you get a couple of dry fires before it stops. I think they’re worth it for the other improvements, mine shoots lovely otb

3 minutes ago, E21A said:

Its only based on a sample of 1 (my own, a 308) but from time to time you get a couple of dry fires before it stops. I think they’re worth it for the other improvements, mine shoots lovely otb

Good to know I will do more research I was looking at the Knights Armament SR30 as I like to keep my kit short. 

• 1 month later...

I've had a whole bunch of AEGs, (G&G, VFC, LCT, E&L and a few others) and none of them perform like my 417 does out the box. Admittedly, they are pricey and in hindsight I'd probably reconsider my particular choice and go for the M4 but you definitely get what you pay for with a TM NGRS - AEG experience and OTB performance that no other ERG (and very few AEG) manufacturers can touch.

I know it makes me sound like an elitist jerk when I say this but normal AEGs don't quite cut the mustard anymore for me.

On 21/11/2019 at 17:34, HardB0iled87 said:

I've had a whole bunch of AEGs, (G&G, VFC, LCT, E&L and a few others) and none of them perform like my 417 does out the box. Admittedly, they are pricey and in hindsight I'd probably reconsider my particular choice and go for the M4 but you definitely get what you pay for with a TM NGRS - AEG experience and OTB performance that no other ERG (and very few AEG) manufacturers can touch.

I know it makes me sound like an elitist jerk when I say this but normal AEGs don't quite cut the mustard anymore for me.

Absolutely spot on. My TM 416C has even overtaken my TM MWS in usage. Just so fun.

Archived