Glock 17 only fires one shot. Sear not resetting.

Matt_cdo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone. Spent a while trying to search this problem to make sure I wasn't duplicating a post. No luck.

Here's the issue. I cock the gun, hammer is set back, trigger comes forward, BB is loaded. All as expected. 

I pull the trigger, gun fires BB, slider goes all the way to the rear, comes forward and loads another BB. But the hammer isn't set back and the trigger does not reset forwards when I release. 

Having looked about and tried the motiones with the slider removed, the hammer refuses to be set back with the trigger depressed, which is the case when firing off a shot.

I have bought a new hammer sear. It appears the trigger lever is rising up and getting jammed between the hammer sear and the rest of the housing, stopping the sear from coming forward and not allowing the hammer to be set back. 

Can anyone help!? 

Many thanks.

The images below are have been loaded in the wrong order so from bottom up are;

5. Start state

4. Hammer set back

3. Trigger pulled (notice trigger lever sticking up this time) 

2. Pressing the hammer back down

1. Letting go of hammer and it just popping straight back up. 

IMG_20191008_123242.jpg

IMG_20191008_123237.jpg

IMG_20191008_123218.jpg

IMG_20191008_123152.jpg

IMG_20191008_123143.jpg

Does the hammer reset if you make one shot and fully release the trigger?

With the slide off, the hammer won’t reset without pushing down the trigger bar, the BBU pressure on top of the trigger bar does this with the slide on.

what make, and how old, is the pistol?

After making one shot and fully releasing the trigger it will not fire. The hammer is fully up. If I cock it again it fires again but loads a second BB into the barrel.

Its a Tokyo Marui. I will have to go and work out how old it is.

Perhaps based on what you said, the BBU pressure bar isn't pressing the trigger bar down enough/properly? 

It also won't cock the hammer back with the trigger depressed to begin with. The problem is definitely the hammer not setting back if the trigger is depressed.

OK, getting somewhere. Did it just start doing this, or did you change something and then it started?

Has it built up (occasionally not cocking) or just jumped straight from working to not?

It sounds like the sear, trigger bar or less likely the BBU are worn. Can you make it cock properly by manipulating the hammer and trigger bar?

Well, the problem is that I was given the gun for free because the trigger wouldn't fire off the action at all. It seemed like the trigger bar wasn't pushing the sear back. 

I replaced the sear and now we are at just the problem I have explained.

The only way I can get it to almost work properly is with the slider off and if I push the trigger bar fully down and release the trigger the tiniest amount, the hammer will click back.

But if I squeeze the trigger to fire off the action the smallest way in possible, its still too far to allow the hammer to set back. 

I'm thinking maybe replacing the trigger bar might work. But I can't find any online shop that is in stock! 

What make sear did you put in the hammer assembly?

If it’s not a TM (not TM spec, but an actual TM sear) it won’t work with the trigger bar and hammer assembly properly

48 minutes ago, Matt_cdo said:

It was from Wolf Armouries; Guns Modify Modified Steel Hammer Sear - TM G17/G18C

There’s  your problem. Mixing manufacturers in the hammer assembly just causes a huge heap of problems, from experience you will never get it to work right.

If you spend £20 ish on a G17 WE hammer assembly from milspec solutions, you might be OK, or you might need a WE trigger bar as well as the WE sear catch is slightly different in size to the TM.

Drop me a PM if you need direct help 👍🏻

OK thanks. That's good advice. I thought the sear was Tokyo Marui like my glock as it says "TM G17" 

What's WE? 

I will look on Milspec now. You've been loads of help.

I have worked out what it is! Oh my god. 

My trigger bar is slightly bent out of shape and worn where it goes into the hammer assembly. I've done some slight bending back to how I think it should look and now it works around 1 in 5 times all of a sudden. 

Clearly I need a new bar. Which everyone is out of stock on. Great. :(

Archived