Short, compact AEG

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I'm after another compact AEG because variety is the spice of life 😆

Here's what I'm considering:

• CYMA P90
  • LCT SR-3
  • LCT SR-3M
  • LCT PP-19
  • maybe an mp5 variant
  • maybe something else, min mag size is 100 rnd.

What I am not after: 

• skorpion evo
  • not an m4

My top choice would be the p90. However, the thing that's holding me back is the super long mags. I don't really want the m4 mag conversion for it either, so I kinda need to figure out a way to carry them without too much bulk on my chest. Second would be the SR-3M. The only issue with them is the weight, at 3+kg, since they are steel. Oh, and possibly battery size. But, I'm not too concerned about that for now. Tbh, any of the LCT mentioned with be fine. It's just the weight of all of them that concerns me since I like to run and gun.

If there are any other options, would like some suggestions. Atm, I'm inclined to go SR-3M for some nice steel despite the weight. 

I have an sr3-m and have just sold a pp19

problem with the sr3/m are battery space, there's sod all

otherwise it's brilliant especially now the new metal mags are available.

the pp-19 is equally good, doesn't need the rock in AK mag change technique and is in every way as convenient to use as any ak74su, looks brilliant with the Zenitco parts and stock.

negs are its a bugger to strip compared to standard ak's but not terrible.

nice to have a rigid inbuilt picatinny rail as standard compared to an AK sidemount.

Sr3-m - You can use the same size 7.4 lipo batteries that people use in magpul stock conversions you just lose the ability to fold the foregrip away while the batteries fitted but you can't see the battery if you zip tie it in place.

side mount brackets do not line up with the bore on sr3-m, I solved this with a brain exploder 3D printed mount for the front grip but compared to the pp-19 its a less effective solution

i alternate between HPA as a short gun or with a suppressor and long inner barrel as a DMR as its super quiet with the mods done

then change back to Aeg when I fancy and use it how you describe and it's great fun and not a common sight.

What about the new AEG MP7 from vfc? http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-rifles-pistols-c38/electric-rifles-c45/umarex-heckler-koch-mp7a1-aeg-p9666

Also the MP5k is probably the most compact platform for the money.

Your concern about the p90 is mostly going to be an issue for any SMG type gun and they all use stick magazines really. Getting a rig for my evo magazines was a PITA compared to an AK or M4.

4 minutes ago, Musica said:

What about the new AEG MP7 from vfc? http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-rifles-pistols-c38/electric-rifles-c45/umarex-heckler-koch-mp7a1-aeg-p9666

Also the MP5k is probably the most compact platform for the money.

Your concern about the p90 is mostly going to be an issue for any SMG type gun and they all use stick magazines really. Getting a rig for my evo magazines was a PITA compared to an AK or M4.

Hmm, that is an option. However, the problem with the vfc mp7 is that it has proprietary parts. I'll have a look into it though. The stick mags on most guns are fine (mp5 mags fit in my d3crm rig with m4 retainers). It's just the P90's mag is monstrously big and long ;)

P90 is good (I have the Classic Army one but the CYMA is good too)

The problem is the mags.  They can be a pain as they're quite complicated and the spring tension is very high so can spontaneously unwind which means taking it out and winding again.

I'd recommend an MP5 variant.  I have CA standard MP5 (sliding stock) which is great and I just bought a CYMA MP5K PDW which feels very nice and compact.  Yet to try in-game...

Here's a quick comparison for ya

IMG_20191007_185904698.thumb.jpg.130bd91bfd8ed6de3de44bfb105967d4.jpg

The MAC10 doesn't really count as its an AEP and cant match the others for BB slinging.

The MP5K PDW is surprisingly compact when folded (and still usable) and very comfortable when unfolded

55 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Here's a quick comparison for ya

IMG_20191007_185904698.thumb.jpg.130bd91bfd8ed6de3de44bfb105967d4.jpg

The MAC10 doesn't really count as its an AEP and cant match the others for BB slinging.

The MP5K PDW is surprisingly compact when folded (and still usable) and very comfortable when unfolded

Mp5k all the way

Well I have a couple of fairly short rifles for sale at the moment ;) The shortest and thicc'est stocked M4 and an MP5SD6 with adjustable stock ;)

I do love my P90 from an ergonomics package. But the mags are a pain even the recommended midcaps. The Pouches are also gigantic and flap around a hell of a lot. 

2 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Ok, so atm, it's between the SR-3M and the MP5k pdw (folding stock variant). But, before that, I will buy a single p90 mag and see if it fits in my pouches  ahaha.

If you get a P90 mag and then want to get rid of it give me a bell ;)

I have heard P90s were bit tricky.

Arcturus PDW? Not really a M4, more like Honey Badger... Which is basically a M4, but not a M4!

Vityaz is pretty good from what I have heard. I have also heard positive comments about Cyma MP5 Blue LTD.

Or just build As Val Mod.3 already ._.

Fuck, decisions, decisions 😕

I know everyone says mp5. But, since I already have my king arms pdw which takes mp5 mags, I dont think I want another one atm unfortunately.

So, because of that, I will go with the lct sr3m. I will get one of these as well: https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p37244/LCT-SR-3M-AEG-Aluminum-CNC-Rail-Handguard-(Black)/product_info.html

And attach a peq box at the side with a square battery lipo.

Or, I could get this and slide the peq box at the top: https://www.shapeways.com/product/5WZ6JM8SU/lct-sr-3m-rail-adapter-snap-on-handguard

Fuck, decisions, decisions 😕

I know everyone says mp5. But, since I already have my king arms pdw which takes mp5 mags, I dont think I want another one atm unfortunately.

So, because of that, I will go with the lct sr3m. I will get one of these as well: https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p37244/LCT-SR-3M-AEG-Aluminum-CNC-Rail-Handguard-(Black)/product_info.html

And attach a peq box at the side with a square battery lipo.

Or, I could get this and slide the peq box at the top: https://www.shapeways.com/product/5WZ6JM8SU/lct-sr-3m-rail-adapter-snap-on-handguard

Edit: actually, I just found a super cool product: https://www.kula-tac.com/product-page/rail-handguard-karden-sr3m-sto-9x39

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

The shortest of them all! A PTS PDR-C. 

That looks cool and about the size of a P90

BUT there's NO WAY I'd pay that price!!!! 🤣

Just now, EDcase said:

That looks cool and about the size of a P90

BUT there's NO WAY I'd pay that price!!!! 🤣

Can be had for around 220-250 second hand. Usually in good nick too. Think there was one posted here and the Zeroin forums recently. 

Archived