WE L85A2

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Or stockists to be?

It's basically in the title and thread description.

I'm desperate to get the WE GBB SA80 but I really dislike the idea of importing a gun because I have a very weak belief in the importation system and services and I don't trust them not to destroy the rifle I order without telling me, or for the overseas shop to display my details on the package for UK customs etc etc. Plus, I'd rather not be hit in the face by a stupidly huge charge for freight duty or VAT or something.

Basically I'm paranoid that I'll never see my £400ish ever again...

Buying from the UK is simpler and easier and avoids all chances of customs obliterating my sexy SA80.

So... Anyone with connections to any airsoft suppliers in the UK heard any rumours or anything?

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could try asking Jason at red one, he will import any gun you want (ELITEairsofter100's old gun was imported for the USA) your best bet of getting hold of him is via his facebook page 'Red 1 Airsoft'

Ahh, this is why I want more GBBR's. No more annoying wires.

That's what gets on my nerves the most, the wires. I hate wires.

Realism ftw!

• Supporters

I'm also really tempted, although early reviews aren't great to be honest.

I think ill wait till ra-tech make more part for it and them completely kit it out with upgrades.

Or buy their ebr.

It's on the elite Essex site now.too.

Edit: my bad, they will have them in a few days. But at 309 quid, much better

they have a whoole load of the WE gbbr's on airsoft armoury now

here ya go

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=3574

• 3 weeks later...
Or stockists to be?

It's basically in the title and thread description.

I'm desperate to get the WE GBB SA80 but I really dislike the idea of importing a gun because I have a very weak belief in the importation system and services and I don't trust them not to destroy the rifle I order without telling me, or for the overseas shop to display my details on the package for UK customs etc etc. Plus, I'd rather not be hit in the face by a stupidly huge charge for freight duty or VAT or something.

Basically I'm paranoid that I'll never see my £400ish ever again...

Buying from the UK is simpler and easier and avoids all chances of customs obliterating my sexy SA80.

So... Anyone with connections to any airsoft suppliers in the UK heard any rumours or anything?

Thanks in advance for any info.

its way cheaper here

http://www.novatcombat.com/product_detail.php?id=338

Novatcombat have them the cheapest for £285 i believe with free postage

• Supporters

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I've since read a few reviews, I think I might wait until version 2 or 3 comes out. Plus, I refuse to buy it until I've actually found a place that sells forward RIS rails and a 18mm to 20mm rail conversion mount thing.

My aim is to totally kit it out like our troops, complete with front grip and 4x32 ACOG and I think the RA Tech upgrades probably wouldn't go amiss either, I've got a WE M16A3 at the moment and the trigger assembly has just packed in, so I think it'll be a while yet before I have the money to invest in another money eating GBBR, but it's good to know there's so many places that have them stocked now.

Thinking of getting an MP5 AEG to use whilst I save up to repair my M16, then once I've done that I'll get saving for it! =D

• Supporters

Had a play with one of these the other day.

Far too noisy. Given the amount of rounds airsofters go through compared to real soldiers, this thing is too loud; the bolt/blowback system being so close to your ear when it's shouldered means this thing literally screams down your ears. Wouldn't want to use it for any extended length of time.

Fundamental design flaw of the L85; they didn't factor in airsoft practicality :/

• Supporters
Had a play with one of these the other day.

Far too noisy. Given the amount of rounds airsofters go through compared to real soldiers, this thing is too loud; the bolt/blowback system being so close to your ear when it's shouldered means this thing literally screams down your ears. Wouldn't want to use it for any extended length of time.

Fundamental design flaw of the L85; they didn't factor in airsoft practicality :/

What was the range and accuracy like? My WE M16A3 is abysmal, it's just about completely put me off gas rifles. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's almost impossible to hit something the size of a beer can at 20m.

Something I think should be easily achieveable. My skirmish site's hire guns can outmatch my own £300 gas rifle :(

If I find some evidence that it was only my M16 that's shite, I might buy the SA80 afterall, 'cos I'd be surprised if anything can be that bad again.

What was the range and accuracy like? My WE M16A3 is abysmal, it's just about completely put me off gas rifles. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's almost impossible to hit something the size of a beer can at 20m.

Something I think should be easily achieveable. My skirmish site's hire guns can outmatch my own £300 gas rifle :(

If I find some evidence that it was only my M16 that's shite, I might buy the SA80 afterall, 'cos I'd be surprised if anything can be that bad again.

What weight BB's do you use? GBBR's don't perform well with anything under .25's, and really .28's or above is what you should be trying to use.

Though the stock hop up on gen 1 WE armalites is awful. Replace asap :)

• Supporters

I've given up hoping tbh, ra tech can do brilliant things but I think there are somethings that regulations can't fix.

The aug will be one to watch I expect.

• Supporters
What weight BB's do you use? GBBR's don't perform well with anything under .25's, and really .28's or above is what you should be trying to use.

Though the stock hop up on gen 1 WE armalites is awful. Replace asap :)

I use .3s and I tried .4s but I bought them over the phone and when they were came they were black and I can't see them to know whether they're better or not lol.

I did buy a replacement "Stinger hop up" from Blowback Armory in the US and they assured me that it's better than the stock part in every way.

It isn't. =/

It's exactly the same, I even faffed about changing things to do with it for about two weeks and up to now I've tried everything except removing the hop up rubber altogether.

I think the only other thing it could be is that the barrel's bent. But it looks perfectly fine and if that were the problem, I'd expect it to veer off in the same direction every time instead of it being random.

I would like to make it a project but it's just depressing me now and importing new hop ups is draining my bank just a bit. My site's hire AEGs work infinitely better and I just want something that'll match them, not something that looks and sounds awesome, but sucks a bit.

So that's why I'm selling it in the "Guns for sale" section.

That's really annoying to me, because I'd love to work on it but at the same time I don't have the money to buy it...

Well I'd definitely say it's to do with your hop, no doubt there.

• Supporters
That's really annoying to me, because I'd love to work on it but at the same time I don't have the money to buy it...

Well I'd definitely say it's to do with your hop, no doubt there.

What's your budget? I'm willing to negotiate a deal.

I'll sell the rifle with one magazine, the hop up replacement, barrel tool and hand guard rail for £310, knocks the asking price down by £100, just means you'll miss out on 7 expensive magazines.

But I'll put them all up afterwards, so if they're still up when you have the money you could just buy them later on.

I can't believe no one's offered anything for it yet. Even with the accuracy issues it's a real bargain, it easily cost me over £600 to get all the stuff I'm giving.

• Supporters
At the moment... £10.

With a few things to trade, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to :P

Fair enough, that does sound like quite a hopeless offer lol.

I actually remember reading somewhere that you're 12?

I really wouldn't have known that without reading it, you seem to know more than me and I'm 19!

But I guess that explains your money situation lol.

Maybe if it's still for sale come your birthday or Christmas you could get someone to help you out, 'cos I really want to get rid of it and buy a gun that lets me actually hit people more than a stone throw away without having to spend money on new parts...

Probably put you off buying it now...

Oh well, it doesn't look like anyone'll be buying it any time soon. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks for feedback on various topics etc anyway.

Regards,

Ed.

I'm 12?! No lol, I'm not 12, I don't post my age on the internet ;)

Though my lack of money is due to my recent purchases, a Tanaka M40, my P226 and so on :P

You definitely haven't put me off buying, I'd still love it and just need a job first :P

(Thanks Marksman :D)

He is 41 mate :lol::P hehehe the WE L85 has tempted me into buying the WE HK416 or the G39, more the G39k of all the WE guns in the world :) but as soon as the AUG comes out, im looking for something better than the L85! i would only buy GBBR's when im older so that i can use them in milsims :)

the 41 thing was a joke btw :P

Archived