Comfort levels in CQB

MAX DICKER
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

I'm equal opportunities. I hate everyone.

ARP9 drum mag users slightly more than everyone else though 😉

Lmao, what's wrong with it now?

• Supporters
6 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Is everyone who's against prefiring OK with posting paper pyro round a corner, through a window, over a hill, up some stairs?

No I'm not, because you could be posting it into someone face, or hood.  That could still happen anyway even if you can see where it's going, but it's more likely if you're blind-throwing.

The Depot has just threatened to blanket ban all pyro because folk keep doing exactly that.

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

No I'm not, because you could be posting it into someone face, or hood.  That could still happen anyway even if you can see where it's going, but it's more likely if you're blind-throwing.

The Depot has just threatened to blanket ban all pyro because folk keep doing exactly that.

Seriously? That would diminish my love of that site. I never use pyro but it would be a shame if it was banned

50 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

Seriously? That would diminish my love of that site. I never use pyro but it would be a shame if it was banned

Partially because Baz doesn't like them partially because people can't be trusted.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Robert James said:

Pre firing a corner is horse shit

Suppressive fire when you know without doubt somebody is there is a helpful tactic when helping team mates progress. 

I agree, I think because I still think we should honour (within reason), the basics of real life firefights that we attempt to portray with our toys, not necessarily in a milsim way, but for example, to the best of my knowledge, no professional army or le trains assaulers to "pre-fire" a corner before or during the maneuver around it, too likely to encounter a "dead mans click" at the worst possible moment, but obviously having a third party suppressing a corner just prior to you attacking it is fine in both airsoft & real life, with all the friendly fire risks that go with it.........obviously real life peeps don't have hicaps 😏.

regarding the pyro issues, I've not used any for a few years, my dynatecs gathering dust, but posting any pyro around corners in to rooms etc without logging the position of all occupants has always been the norm, once you've established a rooms occupied, any further peeking tends to get a bb in the mush (don't effin start😡), & as most sites are fairly restrictive on brands & types allowed, injuries are hopefully minimal risk.

in fact most injuries I've seen are to the pyro owner, usually minor burns from accidentally setting them off while trying to pull them from pouches, & on one occasion a bfg being lobbed over a 15ft wall & hitting someone on the nut 🥜.

H&S is paramount, no doubt, but how far do we go before we take all the fun out of it ?

40 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I agree, I think because I still think we should honour (within reason), the basics of real life firefights that we attempt to portray with our toys, not necessarily in a milsim way, but for example, to the best of my knowledge, no professional army or le trains assaulers to "pre-fire" a corner before or during the maneuver around it, too likely to encounter a "dead mans click" at the worst possible moment, but obviously having a third party suppressing a corner just prior to you attacking it is fine in both airsoft & real life, with all the friendly fire risks that go with it.........obviously real life peeps don't have hicaps 😏.

regarding the pyro issues, I've not used any for a few years, my dynatecs gathering dust, but posting any pyro around corners in to rooms etc without logging the position of all occupants has always been the norm, once you've established a rooms occupied, any further peeking tends to get a bb in the mush (don't effin start😡), & as most sites are fairly restrictive on brands & types allowed, injuries are hopefully minimal risk.

in fact most injuries I've seen are to the pyro owner, usually minor burns from accidentally setting them off while trying to pull them from pouches, & on one occasion a bfg being lobbed over a 15ft wall & hitting someone on the nut 🥜.

H&S is paramount, no doubt, but how far do we go before we take all the fun out of it ?

Should play on a soft grassy field, with soft cover (inflatable maybe) , small area with lots of marshalls to watch it, rof and joule limits harshly enforced, no pyro.

oh wait

• Supporters
2 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

As @Musica says, they're not that keen on it to begin with as it's a cheap way of getting kills without actually going to the bother of shooting anyone.  Which is one reason I'm using it so much now, given my geezer reactions and vendor trash guns. ;) 

Pyro rules are below knee height and short distances, or if you put it over a barrier or through a window, it needs to be posted downwards and you have to see where it will land.  They say this at every safety briefing, and it's really not hard to stick to.

And yet folk are still hoiking pyro upwards, high and/or blind, particularly with disposable which I've seen bouncing off the ceiling at times.

So far it's just a warning, but it's come from the chief marshal and then the site owner bestirred himself too to confirm that a blanket ban wasn't off the cards, so they really are getting fed up with it.

I've just bought another 200 primers, so I'm certainly hoping that a few Phantom Frag Flingers don't ruin it for everyone else.

The CQB site which I frequent deals with pyro pretty well, at least from my experience. When it comes to grenade usage Impact grenades can only be deployed a maximum of 6 feets and must be deployed from no higher than waist height. Timed grenades can only be deployed by rolling them and the maximum deployment distance is 20 feet. The Universal rule concerning grenades is that they are not allowed to be deployed blindly, those using them are under strict instruction to peak the corner first to try ensure that they are not being dropped onto someones head or other such silliness.

The above seems to work pretty well and (to my knowledge at least) there haven't been any significant incidents, there have been a couple people who have ran into them due to rushing corners and consequently picked up the occasional bruise but that's it as far as I'm aware.There are always those who seem incapable of sticking to the rules but fortunately these people are dealt with swiftly.

Pyro is one of those aspects which I feel adds more to the game due to increased tactical options and they can be absolutely invaluable in breaking certain defensive positions. As with a lot of these things you need to consider the lowest common denominator but let's face it, people are running around with guns that are more than capable of inflicting harm if abused.

On the subject of pre-firing, personally I think that it should be considered blind fire, this stems from the very nature of what pre-firing is.

I'd also argue that behaviour such as trigger spamming only serves to illustrate a lack of skill.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Impact grenades can only be deployed a maximum of 6 feets [...] they are not allowed to be deployed blindly, those using them are under strict instruction to peak the corner first to try ensure that they are not being dropped onto someones head or other such silliness.

Sounds like deploying an impact grenade should very often result in self-fragging then.

I mention this because I do regularly call myself out from my own TRMR, for exactly this reason.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Sounds like deploying an impact grenade should very often result in self-fragging then.

I mention this because I do regularly call myself out from my own TRMR, for exactly this reason.

I was playing at Invasion Airsoft in Manchester recently. Great site with sensible and well-enforced CQB rules (they do not suffer fools).

At the end of an Attack & Defense game; stumbled upon the last defender hidden behind a low cover in a small box room. Startled the pair of us, sufficient for him to accidentally dropped his TRMR grenade on the floor an frag us both. My ears are still ringing.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters
46 minutes ago, HardB0iled87 said:

If it happens, it happens. CQB is chaotic by its very nature so I say providing someone hasn't mag-dumped on someone, just call it and get back to respawn.

[Pokes hornets' nest, runs away]

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

[Pokes hornets' nest, runs away]

I can already hear the REEEEEEEEs from a thousand kilometres away 😂

Another reason why mid/hi-caps suck. If everybody used real-cap magazines the issue would self-regulate. I hate not being able to use burst fire on my gbb MP5 apache because of this rule. I only have 45 rounds max, I'm clearly not going to light up a doorway or waste ammo blind firing on full auto.

funnily I have so far avoided being fragged, severall attempts by people ailed. ;

they attempted to chuck it through a window I was shooting through ergo blind cause there was a uy also crouched below the window- fortunately they missed.  and fragged themselves

another landed beside me and I legged it out much to the marshals amusement and survived.

last one also missed because i got out of the range and straight into fire but took a few down with as they didn't exect me to attack.

sometimes I do love our 1 joule only rule over here specially when it leaves it all equal and no arguments. tis the law so bugger off with other fps limits. annoying when getting guns but sure.

there was one time we played a night game that one of my team players got cut in half point blank would have been one thing if was doing corners but hed caught him unawares and asked team colour- the guy lied then got the drop back on him and full auto at oint blank. fortunately the bugger got away before the rage took my buddy who does have a criminal record. like smart play etc but really full auto point plank resulting in blood blisters etc... dick move. the site wanted to catch whom it was but darkness nd no one owned up but I still have a hunch....

• Supporters
2 hours ago, remus said:

funnily I have so far avoided being fragged, severall attempts by people ailed. ;

they attempted to chuck it through a window I was shooting through ergo blind cause there was a uy also crouched below the window- fortunately they missed.  and fragged themselves

another landed beside me and I legged it out much to the marshals amusement and survived.

last one also missed because i got out of the range and straight into fire but took a few down with as they didn't exect me to attack.

sometimes I do love our 1 joule only rule over here specially when it leaves it all equal and no arguments. tis the law so bugger off with other fps limits. annoying when getting guns but sure.

there was one time we played a night game that one of my team players got cut in half point blank would have been one thing if was doing corners but hed caught him unawares and asked team colour- the guy lied then got the drop back on him and full auto at oint blank. fortunately the bugger got away before the rage took my buddy who does have a criminal record. like smart play etc but really full auto point plank resulting in blood blisters etc... dick move. the site wanted to catch whom it was but darkness nd no one owned up but I still have a hunch....

Careful, apparently we're not meant to lose our tempers when "playing", no matter what some twats do to us.

i put my hands up to losing it once, by the way some of the snowflakes ❄️ On here responded you'd think I was the architect behind a genocide lol 😏

1 hour ago, remus said:

That's not a smart play that's straight up cheating. All sites I've been to have a rule that you don't have to answer but answering a colour challenge falsely is cheating

I appreciate the fact flinging a few hundred grams of metal (bfg) at someone’s head round a corner could prove a bit painful however paper based pyro being popped through a doorway I see no problem with.
If you aren’t happy with it being loud next to you, Ear protection is cheap enough and if you’re worried about burns then cover up as no one really cares about your super seal trident tattoo. 

As I’ve seen others mention before high cap mags don’t help the prefire/mag dumping issue as people can walk out of the safezone with 4000 rounds on their person, so in an hour or so game they can feasibly fire over a round a second for the whole game.

50 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Careful, apparently we're not meant to lose our tempers when "playing", no matter what some twats do to us.

i put my hands up to losing it once, by the way some of the snowflakes ❄️ responded you'd think I was the architect behind a genocide lol 😏

I got blindfired once, in the face. 

I kindly offered to put the rifle up his arse.

I worked at a pipefitting firm and manhandled 170kg pipe around. I was not happy. Inserting a jg g36 up his rectum would have been easy work. 

I walked out, into the safezone, explained to the marshal exactly what I had said to him, who said that was fine, and he would deal with it in a more professional manner. 

I had a situation last week at Scorpion airsoft.

Came through the airlock section into the pitch black decontamination room.. Moved in through the doors turned to my left and flicked on my torch. Then my back gave me the good news as a guy lurking behind me put 5 pistol rounds into the nice soft fleshy part of my lower back.

To put into context i was wearing a warrior cover plate carrier with no back pouches etc, a battle belt with a full array of pouches and he was probably 2 foot away. So in my mind i was dead bang to rights and he could easily have shot the plate carrier, the battle belt or just put the single shot into me.

Wasn't impressed with it and rounded on him with a growl  'don't you think 1 would have been enough'. Was less impressed when i got home to find it had drawn blood, its a pig to get out of kit.

Now don't get me wrong, i don't expect a bang kill, i don't expect a polite 'sorry old chap but would you terribly mind if i just called you dead' and i know and expect airsoft to hurt at times. But things like that just grate as a little trigger discipline or regard for other players wouldn't have gone amiss.

I am beautiful and don't want my dashing good looks ruined so I wear a full face mask.

Regardless, the one spot that I find to be rather painfull is right in the middle my back. It's just plain owch to be shot there. I don't like plate carriers so I will just put up with the pain.

Archived