Comfort levels in CQB

MAX DICKER
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Body shots I'm not so worried about (whatever gun and weight you are using) in CQB its how people even manage to get head shots on an fully OPEN target that amazes me. One thing I noticed when I played at the site in Sweden was that yeah head shots happen if that's what you present but all other times people actually kept their gun level to the sternum down (obviously cock shots wouldn't be so nice but hey ho) is this more a site specific thing who knows but I would say its 50/50 to see anyone deliberately lower their aim in the UK.

Disclaimer: Personal experience opinion - nobody get their knickers in a twist!

• Supporters
15 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

Funnily enough after the first couple of games a marshal took the time to clarify what they mean by 'burst'; demonstrating with an AEG. Long burst (more than 5 shots or so) bad, short burst (3 or 4 shots) ok.

Thanks for clarifying. I agree that's a recipe for regrets.  I assume it means that everyone is set to full auto, and firing bursts of 3... well, maybe 4... look, he said don't shoot more than 5 shots.  Or so.

Yes, HPA or tricked out AEGs can spam ludicrously fast on semi, but that's a smaller issue to address than encouraging an arms race where nearly everyone can join in the contest to spunk out a burst of not-more-than-5-or-so in the shortest time.

Ultimately it's up to the players to vote with our wallets, making it clear why we won't be back until common sense has been restored.

2 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

LOL oh please

Not joking . Not often but in extreme and unlucky circumstances I have seen it happen to the odd person .Generally good hard hit to the temple area on bare skin, and this was with single shot.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Thanks for clarifying. I agree that's a recipe for regrets.  I assume it means that everyone is set to full auto, and firing bursts of 3... well, maybe 4... look, he said don't shoot more than 5 shots.  Or so.

Yes, HPA or tricked out AEGs can spam ludicrously fast on semi, but that's a smaller issue to address than encouraging an arms race where nearly everyone can join in the contest to spunk out a burst of not-more-than-5-or-so in the shortest time.

Ultimately it's up to the players to vote with our wallets, making it clear why we won't be back until common sense has been restored.

Theres a cqb place relatively local to me that allows FA and it and its full of high rof hpa idiots. I won't play there.

I agree that people should, and do vote with their wallets. I enjoy CQB with and without FA/burst.

As for the alleged concussion from being hit with bb's; if someone is THAT precious, they can always wear full face protection.

• Supporters

I'm calling bullshit on concussion from BBs. 

A concussion is where your head is hit hard enough for the brain to impact the skull and swell a little, unless that 2g of BBs were travelling at Mach 3 when they hit there's not even a remote possibility of causing concussion.  

A nasty bruise and a bit of discomfort maybe, but concussion, no. 

18 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

I agree that people should, and do vote with their wallets. I enjoy CQB with and without FA/burst.

As for the alleged concussion from being hit with bb's; if someone is THAT precious, they can always wear full face protection.

I do within reason but when you have people with DSG setups or hpa hoses that let of 10rnds with the merest tickle of the trigger I'll pass. Especially if its run right up to the site fps limit. As for alleged I'm not really sure why you would think I would lie to you as I have no reason to. I've been playing 17 years and as said its not common maybe seen it myself 2-3 iirc but possible if you are unlucky. But yes a mask or even a hat will usually absorb enough of the impact. Tbh I've never not used full face protection myself and don't get people that don't and get pissy about getting hit as it's the risk they chose to take.

I've never used face protection either and my face is mostly scar tissue now lol

But yeah, face protection comes in so many forms and guises that there's something to suit anybody. If you play airsoft without it, you're going to catch bb's in the face. Down to personal choice.

12 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

I'm calling bullshit on concussion from BBs. 

A concussion is where your head is hit hard enough for the brain to impact the skull and swell a little, unless that 2g of BBs were travelling at Mach 3 when they hit there's not even a remote possibility of causing concussion.  

A nasty bruise and a bit of discomfort maybe, but concussion, no. 

I'm probably using the wrong terminology and what I'm talking about is something else . But essentially I've seen folks end up sitting out the day with headache and dizzyness enough go home or sit out the rest of the day .

3 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I'm probably using the wrong terminology and what I'm talking about is something else . But essentially I've seen folks end up sitting out the day with headache and dizzyness enough go home or sit out the rest of the day .

I have on two occasions been hit so close in the head that its knocked me on my arse a pissed blood for a few minutes so can understand what you mean but I very much doubt they were concussions. Even someone using a heavy weight bb outdoors from further than 30m has put me on my arse when it hit  me square between the eyes. Probably affects people differently but after a bit of water and some paracetamol I'm usually back in.

15 minutes ago, heroshark said:

my friend was shot in his forehead through his hat by a bolt action below the MED (the guy was sent off). He had to go back to safe zone get it cleaned up and had a head ache all day. 

I took A sniper shot to the side of the head from about 10m away as I was walking through my spawn one of our snipers was by a tree BEHIND our spawn and shot as I walked past, it took me off my feet instantly, felt like a punch :( 

had a headache all day

I had one in the face from 500fps bolty from about 2m. Stuck my head over a ridge made him jump and he pulled the trigger. I was fine though as I had my mask on. Would have certainly have been undesirable without.

• Supporters

56 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

Basically an owie ≠ concussion. I've been FA'd in the dick and almost puked. That was my most painful airsoft experience (outside of accidents)

#metoolol 

i've had it happen twice in cqb, both point blank, literally less than a foot from muzzle to me, once up the inside of the thigh & across the nuts (left me clutching a vertical girder saying "just give me a minute" in a high voice), the other was a burst to the face, that one made me grab the offender by the throat, & staff quickly pounced on me, while the guy frantically apologized.

Thing is, & this is the kicker, on both occasions the players involved were on my side, both turning a corner & instantly "jumping" & letting off an involuntary burst in panic, not helped by poor trigger discipline.

this is why fa is shit in cqb, not needed & potentially increasing the risks, & don't get me started on the dicks with stupid rate of fire guns, however they've achieved it, 99% of the time their shit players trying to compensate for their lack of ability (& small dicks😜)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Fucking hell!!! You should stay away from CQB, sorry. Cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. We all see red but that is absolutely inexcusable no matter how you cut it. Also its a bit rich for you to even mention trigger 'discipline' as evidently you have very little discipline over your actions.

I grabbed him, I didn't hurt him, although I was tempted, & if some fuckwits can't control their trigger finger then maybe they shouldn't be on site.

cant stand the fuckin heat, cheek, been playing for nearly twenty years & managed NOT to batter the numerous dicks that feel it's ok to overkill you, even when you've got your hand in the air, usually while they scream "take yer hits yer cnut".

i think, all things considered, I've generally shown a lot of restraint over the years, but inflict unnecessary severe pain on me that puts my eyesight at risk, because your thick as shit, yeah that might get a response.

2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Do you often assault people if you're surprised?

I wasn't surprised, he was, read the post

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

that one made me grab the offender by the throat

Weird involuntary reflex?

Did you both accept each others' apologies?

8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I wasn't surprised, he was, read the post

I did read the post and it reads like someone needs to get some therapy for overreacting to an obvious mistake. If you're not happy with surprised I could use enraged

You're playing CQB, and you assaulted someone who made you hurt more than you were expecting

Worries about eyesight is bullshit because you incur that risk every single time you step onsite; should I cuff you because you fired a round which hit my goggles?

11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Maybe it was like one of those scenes in a film where a fight turns into kissing and kissing turns into......

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Shortly afterwards everything thing was cool, I should point out the staff on site knew me very well, & knew that for me to react that way was completely out of character, & the exceptional circumstances in some way mitigated my reactions, that said, do I feel guilty about my reaction at the time, no feckin way, & maybe the other player went on to actually think about trigger discipline etc, in the future.

im a former ice hockey player, rugby player & boxer, so I'm no stranger to physical & sometimes painful sporting interactions, but I do draw the line at abject stupidity that puts people at risk, on the occasion in question the guy had his rifle fairly low, but angled at around 45degrees, so not only was it point blank in the face, it could have also potentially have got past my eyepro given the angle, doesn't bear thinking about does it ?

On 07/10/2019 at 10:44, Musica said:

some may see it as no different to "suppressing fire"  but for me pre firing a a blind corner (a corner you seen no one go in or out from and have no prior knowledge they anyone is actually there) is really just making up for lack of skill / target acquisition.   

As far as I'm concerned prefire is blind fire. You can't see what you're shooting at until well after the rounds are downrange and that's the dictionary definition of blind firing. All it takes is for you to come around the corner at the same time as someone else, BBs already hurtling out the gun, and for you to put the barrel basically in their mouth or worse, knock their eyepro off, et voilà - instant serious injury.

Speedsofters can like it or lump it but airsoft is a more tactical game than paintball. I hate sitting back wasting BBs against hard cover too, but throwing yourself around corners in suicidal rushes, prefiring as you go, isn't tactical unless your objective was to become a martyr. Bunkering, pushing aggressively - all good. Diving round a corner shooting blind, hoping the person that might or might not be there might or might not accept a trade? Not so much.

On 07/10/2019 at 10:07, Musica said:

I think the only way around that is ammo limits if they want to sent 10-20 bbs around every corner they pie then they might think twice if ammo was limited.  

I've never played a game with ammunition limits that wasn't improved by it. We came to play airsoft, not "who brought the most BBs with them". Suppressing fire is 95% of the time just turbocharged littering.

On 06/10/2019 at 23:50, Adolf Hamster said:

Tbh i'd say a lower energy limit and a rate of fire cap would be much more preferable for dedicated sites for cqb especially where engagement distances mean folk dont need the extra punch.

As for the bang rule i always consider it courtesy only, and i give them on a hair trigger because there's always going to be that one guy who "doesnt take bang kills".

The problem with lower energy limits is most people don't want to open up their non-QSC AEG just to play at one site. Most people typically build their guns to 1.1J/350fps with 0.20g, and sites with lower limits (e.g. The Mall, which strictly enforced 1.0J/328fps) were a pain to play at as a result. 0.1J difference is negligible, but many more hits because full-auto is permissible isn't. Incidentally the same problem comes up a lot with DMRs, which can vary from 1.5J/400fps to 2.3J/500fps from site to site - a very significant 25% increase in power, which usually throws carefully-tuned hop-ups completely out of whack...

The surrender rule is the way forward because some people just will not take it. I literally poked someone's kneecap with a P226 at Longmoor years back and ended up having to give him the Northern Irish treatment when he declined the opportunity to surrender and tried to shoot me instead.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
28 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

e.g. The Mall, which strictly enforced 1.0J/328fps

Not to try and nit pick, and it doesn't actually change your point at all, but the mall was always a 340 limit, wasn't it?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I did read the post and it reads like someone needs to get some therapy for overreacting to an obvious mistake. If you're not happy with surprised I could use enraged

Your absolutely right, I was enraged, by his stupidity, & of course it was a mistake, surely there aren't players out there who would shoot fellow players in the face point blank 😏

You're playing CQB, and you assaulted someone who made you hurt more than you were expecting.

Lol, I always expect it to hurt, as I've said many times before I squeal like a piggy when I get hit, inner thigh or lower back over the kidneys is a particular "favorite", but on this occasion it was exceptional, think of it like all the planets coming in to alignment.

but I'd hardly call it an assault lol, but I suppose in today's snowflake society it's tantamount to gbh ?.

Worries about eyesight is bullshit because you incur that risk every single time you step onsite.

Really, once during a game my usual eye pro was misting up terribly, & the site shop had some mesh goggs, the early type, ugly nasty bug eyed things that fitted nobody particularly well, but I bought a pair to try, & an hour later a single solitary bb got past them, caught me in the Lacrimal Caruncle, put me on my knees ready to puke & genuinely fearing for my sight for at least 5 minutes till things calmed down.

thing is, nobody's fault (except mine for buying shit kit), one of those things that could happen to anyone, & certainly not a risk I considered viable at the start of the day.

should I cuff you because you fired a round which hit my goggles?

Now that I would like to see 😏

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Weird involuntary reflex?

More of an angry reflex, shit happens, this is an adrenaline fueled game, anyone that doesn't get that probably isn't trying hard enough.

Maybe I was concussed at the time 😂 

Archived