Comfort levels in CQB

MAX DICKER
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Tackle said:

dont get me wrong, I expect to get hit in the mush sometimes, yep it hurts but I won't get the hump about if it's "legitimate", & by the same degree I have no problem targeting someone's head if that's all I can see.

exactly the same, my rule of thumb is i aim centre of mass of what i can see, and if all i can see if a face then that doesn't leave many options.

likewise, even if you're not playing, if you present a face and nowt else to someone you can't blame them for taking a pot shot.

even then accidents happen, the bb gods can be against you, i remember once pinging a fella on a snap reaction, aimed at his chest (well, i say aimed i mean in the general direction of), hit his rifle and it bounced right into his face.

2 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

... in an ideal world sure but alot of the time its not ideal. Its all very circumstantial but i shoot till i hear hit or see the hand. I think we've all shot someone, had them not feel it / take a while to process and shoot you back ending in a trade. So i tend to shoot more then once. Dont get me wrong - excessive overkill does happen. But assuming rules are followed we all need to suck it up a bit.

i follow something similar, depends on distance, if it's up close and personal i'll generally pop one or two shots especially when i know they've made their mark, but at distance it's a case of letting them decide how many rounds i need to send to get a hit.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
16 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

Playing at strikeforce last sunday with a TM g18 set to full auto (using it for burst fire as expressly allowed in the briefing)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/strikeforceCQB/about

" SINGLE SHOT ONLY! No full auto at all! "

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/strikeforceCQB/about

" SINGLE SHOT ONLY! No full auto at all! "

I don't use face book, but if that's what is stated then it's contradictory to the verbal briefing given in the morning. Strikeforce certainly used to be single shot only but fairly recently started allow burst.

5 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I think if someone got the drop on you and surprised you from close quarters with a full auto burst in the chest you would also be surprised and think it was a little too much. 

That actually happens to me a lot. It's often surprising but I don't think it's a bit much.

5 hours ago, Tackle said:

Me, why shoot someone 4 times (or more) when one shot will do,

Well, I'm not that good a shot to guarantee a hit with a pistol at anything over 5m, especially when the ol' adrenaline is pumping and both I and the target are moving. And ONE shot doesn't always do, does it? 

As for the gentleman in my original post, I guess part of it was surprise. Though I doubt it hurt with the gear he was wearing.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

but if that's what is stated

If?  Well, one of us can provide evidence for their claim.

Is there perhaps some contention over what they meant by "burst"?

In the context of real gnus, burst fire means a fixed number of shots, e.g. 3.  Colloquially, it can also mean a short burst of fully auto fire.

But it does need clarified or else we get into this sort of pedantic handbag fight.

Which I for one love from the comfort of a keyboard, but it's not so much fun on the day.

I don't doubt you, didn't mean for it to seem like I did. Funnily enough after the first couple of games a marshal took the time to clarify what they mean by 'burst'; demonstrating with an AEG. Long burst (more than 5 shots or so) bad, short burst (3 or 4 shots) ok.

And believe me, I keep my bursts as small as possible because I don't use extended mags.

• Supporters

This is exactly why I don't go to strike farce anymore, as soon as they introduced the burst rule (to allow AEG users to keep up with HPA users. I shit you not) it became a joke.  Everyone there seems to think it's their god given right to put a 5 shot burst into everything they see and it's just shit.  

Full auto in CQB never really works that well, there's absolutely no need for it at all! 

17 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Then why use burst 🤷

1 hour ago, MAX DICKER said:

I'm not that good a shot to guarantee a hit with a pistol at anything over 5m, especially when the ol' adrenaline is pumping and both I and the target are moving.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

(to allow AEG users to keep up with HPA users. I shit you not)

that is a bit ridiculous, firstly because you can get an aeg near hpa levels of response, and secondly because you'd be better off setting a rate of fire cap.

i know polarstars have a function that can limit the semi auto fire rate.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that is a bit ridiculous, firstly because you can get an aeg near hpa levels of response, and secondly because you'd be better off setting a rate of fire cap.

i know polarstars have a function that can limit the semi auto fire rate.

Exactly, rather than limit people with HPA guns to a reasonable rate of semi auto fire, they ruined it for everyone.  Since HPA guns can shoot auto too their advantage if anything has been magnified rather than reduced.  

On a different point, I've heard shotguns being complained about before too. Depending on the ammo weight, proximity, shotty type and how it's being fueled/upgraded. TM style gas shotty upgraded to fire x6 shot at 350fps on 0.2g hurts enough when they are close enough for all the bbs to be on target. Stick 0.3 or more that I have heard of people running it with. That's close to 2g of bbs hitting you in a concentrated area. Up that there's the aps not as powerful but takes a bigger load, even on 0.2 is a fair whack. Far worse impact than a short 3-4 rnd burst. 

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I'm not exactly a great shot either but still use semi or single on a pistol.

Exactly, if in doubt, double tap

Just now, Immortal said:

Always double tap, always. 👍

And one more for luck.. oh wait.

38 minutes ago, heroshark said:

On a different point, I've heard shotguns being complained about before too. Depending on the ammo weight, proximity, shotty type and how it's being fueled/upgraded. TM style gas shotty upgraded to fire x6 shot at 350fps on 0.2g hurts enough when they are close enough for all the bbs to be on target. Stick 0.3 or more that I have heard of people running it with. That's close to 2g of bbs hitting you in a concentrated area. Up that there's the aps not as powerful but takes a bigger load, even on 0.2 is a fair whack. Far worse impact than a short 3-4 rnd burst. 

Funnily enough, I have a TM breacher that I used to use a lot.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, heroshark said:

kinda funny really, i'm sure if i turned up with the e&l set to a 50rps 6 shot burst there'd be plenty of complaints.

not that i'm against shotguns, just the double standard is amusing.

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

I have been nailed in the forehead by a HPAed beacher from inside 5m that left a very neat little triangle afterwards. Definitely felt it more than a single shot but just called it showed nice shot and went back to respawn. The only time I've complained about being overshot was on my second or third game when I charged an objective, got immediately shot then continued to get rinsed as I stood there, hand in the air catching my breath. They didn't stop shooting me until I moved behind cover despite repeatedly shouting hit

58 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I have been nailed in the forehead by a HPAed beacher from inside 5m that left a very neat little triangle afterwards. Definitely felt it more than a single shot but just called it showed nice shot and went back to respawn. The only time I've complained about being overshot was on my second or third game when I charged an objective, got immediately shot then continued to get rinsed as I stood there, hand in the air catching my breath. They didn't stop shooting me until I moved behind cover despite repeatedly shouting hit

That's fair enough. But theoretical one here. What if it was close enough to get a tight full grouping, say 1-2m ramped right upto site fps limited on x6 shot with 0.3g bbs. You probably wouldn't be so cheery, possibly concussed. I'm not saying it's something that's happened to me but I don't think I'd appreciate it. As a few of you I've used x6 shotties and still do but they are not boosted in anyway and I don't use any more than 0.25g in them. 

Archived