Silent pistol recommendations

jld142
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

been looking at pistols for a while now and cannot decide what I want.

i played against a guy a few weeks ago who was using a silent pistol. It was crazy as I couldn’t hear anything even when he was in the bush next to me *facepalm*

unfortuately I was unable to speak to

him to find out what he was using.

can anyone advise or recommend on a silent pistol or what my options are at least.

a friend told me electric pistols are quieter than gas, but I have an AEG and that is a lot louder than what this guy was using so don’t just want to go a buy an electric pistol.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
10 minutes ago, jld142 said:

Hello all,

Hi there,

He will have almost certainly been using a "NBB" (non-blowback) gas pistol - A gas pistol which fires a BB but doesn't move the slide which tends to be the noisiest part of a gas pistol firing.

Look up the Tokyo Marui Mk23 - or its clone the ASG Mk23 - both fantastic pistols out of the box and can be upgraded quite significantly too. Market leaders.

• Head Moderator

TM Mk23 gas NBB pistol. Quiet and long range.

BuY a EsEsEcS TwEnTyThReEeEeEeEeEe.

Mk23, either TM or ASG/Y&P/HFC, the link sonofsammo provided gives you plenty of information to mod them.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, jld142 said:

a friend told me electric pistols are quieter than gas

They are, but they're also ~200fps out of the box, and upgrading them is haphazard, sharply reduces trigger response, and adds noise.

So, Mk23, as above.

Get a TM Mk23 and dont do anything to it! Its pretty near perfect, I regret "upgrading mine"

33 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Get a TM Mk23 and dont do anything to it! Its pretty near perfect, I regret "upgrading mine"

Just the TDC is "mandatory" imo.

Makes life so much easier than having to take the gun apart to adjust the hop :P

A somewhat more left field option is a Tokyo marui 24 shot revolver. Especially one of the longer models, the snub nose ones tend to have slightly less power than really needed. Quiet with very good range and accuracy. 

• Supporters

Ruger mk1 ?, the original "Assasins pistol"

IMG_4730.JPG

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Makes life so much easier than having to take the gun apart to adjust the hop :P

Also a lot more consistent and able to lift heavier ammo. The hadron dual screw allows you to compensate if a hop is slightly off too.

9 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Also a lot more consistent and able to lift heavier ammo. The hadron dual screw allows you to compensate if a hop is slightly off too.

But more tedious to adjust.

A bit like the stock srs hop, heard it's a nightmare to tune but once done, it shoots like a laser.

Both the single and twin screw designs are viable, it depends on how much the OP is willing to tweak his gun :)

edit: AEPs are loud and terrible, even the TM ones.

1 minute ago, Skara said:

But more tedious to adjust.

A bit like the stock srs hop, heard it's a nightmare to tune but once done, it shoots like a laser.

Both the single and twin screw designs are viable, it depends on how much the OP is willing to tweak his gun :)

Heard people say that but I didn't really think it was that hard.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I like those, but aren't they too hot as standard for the UK to run as a sidearm?

Not really, variable by gas ?

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Not really, variable by gas ?

They're quoted as running at 390fps on .2's and green gas...

Not sure how much 1.0 would lower it to.
The co2 version's even hotter at 412...
It's a shame cos they're cool looking pistols.

Thanks all for the replies guys really appreciate it!

Can anyone recommend a good Mk23  and knee holster harness?

Ive seen a few different types online but all require a harness for it.

Are the injection molded ones sturdy?

1 hour ago, jld142 said:

We already answered about the guns (check my first comment).

Get a DTD holster and rig it to a panel if you want a drop leg, but I don't recommend doing so, as the gun is huge and you'll probably poke the ground with the suppressor when kneeling.

Mid ride is ideal if you want to keep it on your hip.

On 07/10/2019 at 15:29, Skara said:

Only if using heavier than .2s, mine shot far and straight from the box, was perfect. Trying to install a TDC and new hop rubber messed it up. I think I have it sorted now. Will take it out in a week or two and see how it goes!! But honestly I should have left it alone, from the box it was the best pistol I owned for range and accuracy etc.

On 07/10/2019 at 19:51, jld142 said:

I would put it on a belt, its a long and bulky thing. It flaps about on a leg holster and was really annoying. Thats my preference though.

I use the DTD 3d printed holster personally

EDIT** I didnt see @Skaras post... Do what he says :P  

• Supporters
On 07/10/2019 at 19:44, sonofsammo said:

They're quoted as running at 390fps on .2's and green gas...

Not sure how much 1.0 would lower it to.
The co2 version's even hotter at 412...
It's a shame cos they're cool looking pistols.

Never skirmished it yet, got a chrono coming & I have been tinkering with the barrel length & fitting an integrated silencer, I'll let you know what it runs at.

thing is, the mk23 is awesome (my son has one), but physically it's colossal with the full length silencer fitted & can be difficult to holster etc, the ruger is tiny in comparison & also can be found s/h for as little as £25, so worth getting as a silent backup backup 👍

On 09/10/2019 at 15:29, Tackle said:

Never skirmished it yet, got a chrono coming & I have been tinkering with the barrel length & fitting an integrated silencer, I'll let you know what it runs at.

thing is, the mk23 is awesome (my son has one), but physically it's colossal with the full length silencer fitted & can be difficult to holster etc, the ruger is tiny in comparison & also can be found s/h for as little as £25, so worth getting as a silent backup backup 👍

Spare mags are a pain to carry around as they don't properly hold the bbs in.

But make some wood grips (really easy on the mk1) and add an integrated moderator and they look great. 

Archived