JG MP5SD6 - Upgraded and with Madbull Tracer hop unit mod.

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: JG MP5SD6

Any accessories included: H&K quick mag release lever, Claw style low profile rail and ICS MP5SD triple rail handguard

Thinking of moving this on as it doesn't get a huge amount of use. 

Its been upgraded by Alan at Land Warrior this is what you would get. 

JG MP5SD6, plastic bodied version. Say what you like, it makes it quite light to manoeuvre around and is pretty solid. I have only used this for 2 skirmishes, the only wear is where the fire selector transfers are which were rubbed off whilst being modified. 

FPS: 340-350, depending on the temperature and where the moon is etc. 

ROF, bloody high on a 7.4 lipo and ridiculous on a 11.1v. No problems feeding as well. BB's fly straight and true. It actually outranges a number of my rifles with more expensive barrels. 

Parts:

Madbull Hop up tracer LEDs. Very bright and power is fed from whatever battery is powering the actual rifle. A small switch is mounted on the side of the receiver.

TM EG1000 MAX Motor  
First Factory Strike Chamber hop unit kit
Guarder Cylinder Enhancement Kit (Cylinder, piston, Piston head)
Guarder Air Nozzle.  
G&P Polyamid Low Resistance Selector Plate  
First Factory Quick Release Mag Catch  
Tokyo Marui Low profile Mount Base  
SHS V2 Steel Spring guide  
ZCI 6.02 Barrel  
Airfet Mosfet  
ICS Tactical Handguard  (A bit finicky to get on, but its got a huge battery space, does not come with pictured grip)
Prometheus purple bucking  

6x GSG High Cap mags. 

So how much do you think I can get for it?

Pictures: 

20191006_200642.thumb.jpg.d4a2732a244a122e6816fd2b26f94eeb.jpg20191006_200653.thumb.jpg.e293a4cf912dd451ea03ded71d2c5d04.jpg20191006_200703.thumb.jpg.31e0e877da5dd1c44b64bc410bd3882c.jpgTheChin.thumb.jpg.84a94c6ee4c7989efd414a6c55cc2524.jpgIMG_20190107_181147.thumb.jpg.b32c9edf75dd7c3206b566f8fdd31396.jpg

Must... resist... urge... to... buy!!

Unfortunately the wife would probably kill me, I've got another MP5 already (I do love them) but it's in bits since I tried to figure our a sporadic firing issue and I've never got around to putting it back together.  Also moved house since taking it apart so may have lost some of the bits.

29 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

Must... resist... urge... to... buy!!

Unfortunately the wife would probably kill me, I've got another MP5 already (I do love them) but it's in bits since I tried to figure our a sporadic firing issue and I've never got around to putting it back together.  Also moved house since taking it apart so may have lost some of the bits.

Well. You know how to get hold of me! 😉

Hi mate I have just got my ukara and thinking about an MP5 for my first RIF as i play mostly CQB. What is your opinion of the JG brand? I have been looking at the Taiwan Gun site and the sell this brand. How was it out of the box ? did it require a lot of upgrades to get it up to a decent standard ?

35 minutes ago, HeavyMendez said:

Hi mate I have just got my ukara and thinking about an MP5 for my first RIF as i play mostly CQB. What is your opinion of the JG brand? I have been looking at the Taiwan Gun site and the sell this brand. How was it out of the box ? did it require a lot of upgrades to get it up to a decent standard ?

JG is fine, the plastics used arent the worst. The Compression and stock motor stuff arent the greatest but it did work well enough. You wont be getting much Rate of fire out of it. 

The problem is the hop unit and this is true of all Mp5's, The hop arm likes to move by itself when on full auto (This happened with mine when stock and my mates) So they do need a bit of work off the bat to tighten up the arm, unfortunately they are the one of more difficult RIFS to take apart, so I decided to send it off to a tech to do the work for me along with all the upgrades. 

Out the box, it will be OK. But not amazing. But for the price of them, you cant really expect much. 

If you are dead set on buying new, I would start another thread as you wont get much in the way of response here. If however you are interested in buying mine, let me know ;)

Thanks, so maybe as a first gun they arent the best ? I have zero knowledge of RIF internals and plan to just learn as I go. Any ideas for a good out of the box noob CQB RIF ? So just to see what is the function of the hop arm ? is that what fires the BB out of the gun or is that a piston ? Like I said noob lol

5 minutes ago, HeavyMendez said:

Thanks, so maybe as a first gun they arent the best ? I have zero knowledge of RIF internals and plan to just learn as I go. Any ideas for a good out of the box noob CQB RIF ? So just to see what is the function of the hop arm ? is that what fires the BB out of the gun or is that a piston ? Like I said noob lol

I would start a new thread regarding this stuff. As I said you wont get much here as it is the appraisal part of the forum. 

Look up youtube videos of how an airsoft rifle works, it will go into what the hop up arm does. 

Archived