I need to buy a good mp5 which is identical to the SAS on.

Kit Jackson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pretty much any MP5 will have been used by SAS, if you want an inexpensive one that works well , take a look at the JG ones. I've got 2 ,SD6 and standard fixed stock, both are excellent and get used in the woods most game days. Effective , light weight and cheep enough not to worry about.

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

What I'm saying is, I don't ever recall seeing a photo of supposed SAS using an MP5 with the Navy flash hider.  So if anyone has one, that would be interesting.

No, I think that may be an American thing 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

What I'm saying is, I don't ever recall seeing a photo of supposed SAS using an MP5 with the Navy flash hider.  So if anyone has one, that would be interesting.

Oh, well spotted, and fair point.  Still, flash hiders come off easily enough.

6 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Strangely enough I believe they are pretty camera shy, especially when on ops and with gear. For good reason

18 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Strangely enough I believe they are pretty camera shy, especially when on ops and with gear. For good reason

There's been enough info about them distributed, TV shows etc.  It just seemed odd to me to pick that particular MP5-N and say "I want this exact SAS MP5" when I don't believe there is any evidence of using that particular setup.

18 hours ago, Kit Jackson said:

Firstly, really good stuff everyone, it’s really helpful. Any other view on the HK 3 point sling though? It’s a key park of this load-out. 

They're pretty crap and out dated tbh.  Better off with a modern two point.  The only reason to use an HK 3 point is for authenticity.

Ok Seeing as MP5s have been my thing for many years i'll try and tackle this 

MP5N was never used by SAS but most of the features of the N model were carried over into the regular MP5s that they did use .

Mp5 set up changed a lot right up to the end so my first question would be which period are you wanting to replicate ?  Is there a specific mission or event you are looking at ?

Embassy period Mp5s were early west german A3s with the slim foregrip and SEF group and early version sliding stock with metal butt plate 

Later on you started seeing the introduction of Surefire foregrips , A5 trigger groups , Navy trigger groups , later type A3 stocks (Not the J stock!) , red dot mounts , flash hiders , rail systems etc 

Once I know the period you are going for I can better advise you 

20 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

There's been enough info about them distributed, TV shows etc.  It just seemed odd to me to pick that particular MP5-N and say "I want this exact SAS MP5" when I don't believe there is any evidence of using that particular setup.

They're pretty crap and out dated tbh.  Better off with a modern two point.  The only reason to use an HK 3 point is for authenticity.

He has said he is going for a certain look . Those slings are still totally usable and good to use if you set them up correctly 

• Supporters
On 06/10/2019 at 19:33, Kit Jackson said:

Firstly, really good stuff everyone, it’s really helpful. Any other view on the HK 3 point sling though? It’s a key park of this load-out. 

E8418B7E-6B9B-47EB-B734-9894C116AF99.jpeg

Your googlefu is weak https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-3-Point-Green-Sling-Used-Like-New-76p19184.htm

That’s £50! For a step mate, I’m not made of money.

The era is the 1980s for the SAS. So that’s the Iranian embassy siege in 1980, all the way up until 1990. No specific dates really, just correct to the decade. Cheers everyone for doing such a good job 👍 

20 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I think they used full stock ones at the Iranian Embassy siege.

There may be a bit of both, google around for photos of ‘operation nimrod’ and there are shots of both solid stock and sliding stock.

There are of course mixture of genuine pictures on the day of entry, ‘official’ posing, and re-creations / films etc, so don’t assume things are always what they seem

• Supporters

Indeed, heavily caveated about how the truth and fiction can blend, it looks like sliding stocks. 

BBC reckons this image is from the actual breach.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.6E9lO9MoSPIiXOlWZxPXAAHaE4%26pid%3DApi&f=1

This 'un of a fixed stock appears to be from a "dramatisation" in this documentary.

Operation Nimrod (documentary) - YouTube

• Supporters
On 05/10/2019 at 23:52, Kit Jackson said:

If anyone can find an original Heckler & Koch Koch 3 point sling in green then it would make it much appreciated.  

5 hours ago, Kit Jackson said:

You want an original hk sling, you pay the money. 

Cheaper than my slings...

Also it's $50 not £50. There's also this one https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-3-Point-Green-Sling-Used-Surplus-76p16273.htm for $40

On 08/10/2019 at 18:10, Kit Jackson said:

The era is the 1980s for the SAS. So that’s the Iranian embassy siege in 1980, all the way up until 1990. No specific dates really, just correct to the decade. Cheers everyone for doing such a good job 👍 

This is a POF made one so a little darker green but easy enough to fade and it's otherwise correct 

https://dwsuk.org/epages/057184c7-2fa2-4321-880c-a30e87657239.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/057184c7-2fa2-4321-880c-a30e87657239/Products/HKR33POF

• 11 months later...

Hi lads, old topic but it’s worth a shot;

im after the same thing as the original poster - kinda like this one on zeroone. https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=12109

sliding stock, flashlight foregrip and metal upper if can be - I would get the one in the link but the front end seems to slope down? (Please tell me I’m not the only one who sees it) p.s. I know the flash hider is a US thing but I reckon there’s a replacement for it.

Aiming for a mix of 80’s/90’s SAS MP5 setup - you lads sound like you know your stuff and any helps appreciated :) cheers

• Supporters
9 hours ago, RYoung22 said:

Hi lads, old topic but it’s worth a shot;

im after the same thing as the original poster - kinda like this one on zeroone. https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=12109

sliding stock, flashlight foregrip and metal upper if can be - I would get the one in the link but the front end seems to slope down? (Please tell me I’m not the only one who sees it) p.s. I know the flash hider is a US thing but I reckon there’s a replacement for it.

Aiming for a mix of 80’s/90’s SAS MP5 setup - you lads sound like you know your stuff and any helps appreciated :) cheers

The pictures not great. The torch in the handguard is fine (if you look it's still parallel to the flash hider. More to the point it's nothing like the SAS/Iran Embassy one. Wrong trigger group (should be an SEF lower) and the wrong handguard (should be the old style slim one). The torches on the 80's MP5's were big old Maglites mounted on custom brackets (if you need the specs Negative Airsoft has a legit original one).

New ICS MP5 CES-P series absolutely shreds - it's made to the same spec as SRC so real steel furniture fits (or at least it should). Highly recommended, top notch quality externals as well as superb internals right out of the box. You can source handguard with torch and replace it.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

The pictures not great. The torch in the handguard is fine (if you look it's still parallel to the flash hider. More to the point it's nothing like the SAS/Iran Embassy one. Wrong trigger group (should be an SEF lower) and the wrong handguard (should be the old style slim one). The torches on the 80's MP5's were big old Maglites mounted on custom brackets (if you need the specs Negative Airsoft has a legit original one).

I believe it's been decided they weren't Maglites but early Streamlights.  Maglites don't fit in the bracket.

Hi lads, cheers for the advice @Lozart sorry mate should have clarified I know the old Iranian embassy siege ones are very different, you’re right the old ones had the 80’s handguard on them and the big old torch on the top. I was basing most of the setup around this video: 

@ziCk_ sounds nice man, I’ll have to have a search for one lol,

thanks again for the advice lads 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.