Help with Inner Barrel Upgrade

lazareth1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey follow 'softers!

I'm planning to upgrade my inner barrel by swapping it out from a 6.03mm diameter to 6.01mm which will increase the fps. Problem is my rifle is currently a little under the red line for most of my outdoor fields and I was wondering how much of an fps increase would be after my upgrade? I understand it's just one of those things that is 'how long is a piece of string?' but a few experiences would help me judge a bit at least. Oh forgot to add, It's an M4A1 so 363mm length barrel. 

FIA

Laz

It will likely increase the FPS by at least 10. 

I would suggest ordering a shorter barrel or changing the spring 

12 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

It will likely increase the FPS by at least 10. 

I would suggest ordering a shorter barrel or changing the spring 

Yeah 15 fps on .2g bbs was my rough guess. 

Anyone else's experiences? 

Yeah think I'll change/cut the spring if needed if i go over mate

8 minutes ago, E21A said:

Why not just get a better quality 6.03 barrel? 

For a little better accuracy. I know there's a bit of debate on this but I've looked up plenty of info and it's all the same the 6.01mm gives better groupings. 

12 minutes ago, lazareth1 said:

For a little better accuracy. I know there's a bit of debate on this but I've looked up plenty of info and it's all the same the 6.01mm gives better groupings. 

Hmm I would just go with a better quality 6.03 and not risk the possible BB jams, and not having to take apart the gearbox to change the spring myself.

Archived