What is the most reliable 1911 brand?

Jones-Effect
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to buy a silver 1911 that I could engrave the slide to look similar to something in my favourite TV show. Instantly I found the WE 1911 Mexican druglord perfect as it would save me from having it engraved, but I have heard very mixed opinions on WE's 1911s 

we-1911-etched-02.thumb.jpg.99682aee02f438d988fdd3561f949bdb.jpg

So I was wondering then, what other 1911 brands do you recommend that?

WE 1911s are a very old design and have very few upgrade parts. The TM 1911 design is far better and plenty more replacement and upgrade parts available.

I've got 2 WE 1911's both have maple leaf 50 hop rubbers, I key , hop wheel and crazy jet barrels (as all my pistols do) and I cant fault them. My MEU is my sniper side arm using the same .36 bb's that I snipe with and lifts them easily and will happily go heavier. I play pistol and shot gun games whenever I can and am never out gunned.

What look are you going for ? the Drug lord slide on a non engraved silver lower would be very 'Supernatural'

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

I've got 2 WE 1911's both have maple leaf 50 hop rubbers, I key , hop wheel and crazy jet barrels (as all my pistols do) and I cant fault them. My MEU is my sniper side arm using the same .36 bb's that I snipe with and lifts them easily and will happily go heavier. I play pistol and shot gun games whenever I can and am never out gunned.

What look are you going for ? the Drug lord slide on a non engraved silver lower would be very 'Supernatural'

Yh I'm going for a supernatural look like Dean's 1911. I was just debating whether to get a silver 1911 and have the top engraved or to do what you said. Comes down to cost in the end

23 hours ago, Asomodai said:

WE 1911s are a very old design and have very few upgrade parts. The TM 1911 design is far better and plenty more replacement and upgrade parts available.

I thought this too which is what has held me back from purchasing. But they are releasing a gen 2 model this December so maybe it'll be better?

• Supporters

Have you found an engraver who can do the work yet?  Getting something that looks roughly like the WE (ish) might not to be too insane money if it's laser'd, but I feel like that wouldn't work in TM plastic.  Trying to combine world class reliability with custom aesthetics like that in airsoft is always a major struggle, sometimes impossible.

Given the likely cost of making another brands' pistol look like that I think you're limited to WE if you have to have those looks.

Might be worth seeing if you can get the slide as a spare part, Milspec solutions may be able to help, then you only need to buy the base gun not end up buying 2. I suspect getting the engraving done may cost more than a slide.

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Have you found an engraver who can do the work yet?  Getting something that looks roughly like the WE (ish) might not to be too insane money if it's laser'd, but I feel like that wouldn't work in TM plastic.  Trying to combine world class reliability with custom aesthetics like that in airsoft is always a major struggle, sometimes impossible.

Given the likely cost of making another brands' pistol look like that I think you're limited to WE if you have to have those looks.

Yh while I like TM, since their slides are made of plastic it really does put them out if the picture. 

30 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Might be worth seeing if you can get the slide as a spare part, Milspec solutions may be able to help, then you only need to buy the base gun not end up buying 2. I suspect getting the engraving done may cost more than a slide.

I think I will just get the WE silver and then find out some quotes for it to be engraved so that I can compare to the price of the slide.

Archived