Glock 19 Retention Holster

Philby21
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi gang,

I'm hoping someone here might have a bit of relevant experience that can help me out.

I have a WE Glock 19C and I'm looking for a tan retention holster that will mount on a thick (not wide) belt, I've been working on a PMC loadout and it's pretty much the only thing left that I need to source.

I've tried cheap a cheap Ebay special - a bit too tight but some time spent in direct sunshine on a very hot day helped a lot, paddle mount won't fit on my belt!

I've tried a Fab Defense holster for a G19 (presumably real steel) - paddle mount fits the belt, holster is too snug for the WE G19, tried putting it in the oven for a while to soften the plastic, better but still too tight.

So I'm still looking for a decent holster.  I love the Fab one so I'm wondering if any of the other RS Glocks are slightly wider and might fit better?

Or if someone can recommend a retention holster that will fit and comes with a belt mount that'll fit a belt that's about 5mm thick then I'm open to suggestions?

Thanks folks,

Phil

Anything with an ALS system from Safariland will fit, they grab the ejection port, so are more accomodating for the missized airsoft glocks. They can be priced, but bargains can be had on ebay for genuine surplus kit.

12 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

If you want real steel, buy something for a Glock 21. It’s chambered in .45 so slightly larger than a RS G17

I thought that might be the case, thanks.  Worst case scenario is I'll just pick up a Fab G21 holster.

10 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

Anything with an ALS system from Safariland will fit, they grab the ejection port, so are more accomodating for the missized airsoft glocks. They can be priced, but bargains can be had on ebay for genuine surplus kit.

Cheers, any idea if the Safariland are suitable for a thick belt?  So far the Fab is the only one I've found that will.

35 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

Cheers, any idea if the Safariland are suitable for a thick belt?  So far the Fab is the only one I've found that will.

How thick is the belt? Mine is an FRV tailoring belt, which is basically as thick as a normal duty belt + molle on the outside, the UBL Midride mount slides on mine.

The belt is a Pentagon Police Belt, I've measure it and it's probably about 6mm thick with having velcro on the inside, it's also very, very stiff which can be an issue for threading through mounts with loops (not to mention getting the buckles/clips through).  I've taken a look at the one you mention, the slots it has look okay but I suspect the buckles won't fit.

I suppose it serves me right for buying an unsuitable belt! 😂

1 hour ago, Philby21 said:

The belt is a Pentagon Police Belt, I've measure it and it's probably about 6mm thick with having velcro on the inside, it's also very, very stiff which can be an issue for threading through mounts with loops (not to mention getting the buckles/clips through). 

Can you not take the buckle off, at least on one end? Seems an odd design choice!

Actually, it's not a "buckle" as such, it's a plastic clip.  It is removable as that's how you adjust the length of it, the belt part loops through then folds over and velcros to itself.

Good idea though, I'll have a play with it, should be possible to do it, thanks! 👍

Cheers @L3wisD, I'd only ever glanced at them before, hadn't realised they were retention holsters!

Will definitely take a closer look! 👍

Thanks for all the help guys, after some further research and looking at all the pricing I'm probably going to give the Fab Defense G21 holster a try first, if that doesn't work and a Safariland doesn't pop up for a bargain price on Ebay then I'll pick up the WAS UHP - have to admit that it's a really nice piece of kit an obviously can be used for any other pistols I pick up in future. 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Came back to add to this in case anyone searches for the same info in future.

New Fab Defense Scorpus for a G21 arrived today, my Glock fits it perfectly so huge thanks to @rocketdogbert for the advice! 👍

Although I'll definitely keep the WAS @L3wisD suggested in mind for anything else in the future.

Archived