I finally got my stuff

AmberYooToob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

G&G AK 74

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Gold

The wrong batteries... wait what?

yup I derped and got batteries that are far to large for my RIF 😂 but I have ordered 2 new ones to be delivered tomorrow, I did notice though a lack of mentions about the G&G AK74 though 

Cool let's see some gear pics

• Supporters
14 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

G&G AK 74

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Gold

3ccdzw.jpg

Although actually that's a pretty sensible choice. ;) 

Good call on not going sniper right off the bat. You should have a pretty good day with that combination.

Oh, I would recommend getting a lanyard for the pistol, you don't want to be dropping that in a bush!

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

3ccdzw.jpg

Although actually that's a pretty sensible choice. ;) 

Good call on not going sniper right off the bat. You should have a pretty good day with that combination.

Oh, I would recommend getting a lanyard for the pistol, you don't want to be dropping that in a bush!

I needed it by Sunday but Nov no deliver by Sunday 😂

17 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

The wrong batteries... wait what?

With enough tape and sufficient disregard for aesthetics, no battery is too large. 

5 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

With enough tape and sufficient disregard for aesthetics, no battery is too large. 

11.1 lipo 3000mah plus I didn't wanna risk ripping out the internals if i trip

I'm with Sawyer, just tape them batteries, and don't worry, you won't rip anything. Doesn't look pretty, but honestly who cares.

2 hours ago, Skara said:

Doesn't look pretty, but honestly who cares.

Neither do 98% of airsofters :D   

+1 on a lanyard though. My brother dropped his pistol in woodland when running on my first game and never found it again. I went straight out and bought one for my pistol, still use the same one today!!

11 hours ago, Skara said:

Doesn't look pretty, but honestly who cares.

Oooh ooh! i know i know! I care, mostly because it's my first setup and also I play 99.9% outdoors and the weather lately is already unfriendly for AEG's

• Supporters
On 04/10/2019 at 11:09, Albiscuit said:

I went straight out and bought [a lanyard] for my pistol

Buy one, make one out of paracord, use a leather thong or bit of parcel string or whatever you have to hand, just don't learn the hard way why you want one.

I'm a fan of an old style non-elastic cord secured to my shoulder, and just long enough to hold the pistol out at arm's length.  None of your waist secured springamajigs that will bounce it into the mud.

40 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm a fan of an old style non-elastic cord secured to my shoulder, and just long enough to hold the pistol out at arm's length.  None of your waist secured springamajigs that will bounce it into the mud.

Yeah its a bit of a pain, and a snag magnet, but rather it hit the mud and get dragged so I notice it than lose it forever.

That being said it has never bounced out into the mud yet anyway so will persevere as im too lazy to make my own :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 05/10/2019 at 12:53, Rogerborg said:

Buy one, make one out of paracord, use a leather thong or bit of parcel string or whatever you have to hand, just don't learn the hard way why you want one.

Ex-workmate Eddy just found out the hard way why he wanted one.

Tracer unit is a write off, gnu is with me to see if I can identify (if not fix) the problem with it.

Minimum £60 loss from not using a £6 (or 6p) lanyard.

38 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ex-workmate Eddy just found out the hard way why he wanted one.

Tracer unit is a write off, gnu is with me to see if I can identify (if not fix) the problem with it.

Minimum £60 loss from not using a £6 (or 6p) lanyard.

Hmm I just spent £60 on a level 2 retention holster so I can feel comfortable I won't lose my pistol or magazines from a textile holster. I'll still throw my magazines in to the ground like an idiot I am sure. 

• Supporters

I believe that he didn't drop it from the holster, he fumbled it out of his hand right at the end of the day.  Maybe he needs a level 2 retention hand? ;)

27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I believe that he didn't drop it from the holster, he fumbled it out of his hand right at the end of the day.  Maybe he needs a level 2 retention hand? ;)

Next time duct tape the gun to his hand.

Level 9000 retention for pennies.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Will a Chinese knock off do the job just as well?

A piece of string will do the job better than nothing.

Can't speak to the springamajiggy ones, but a piece of paracord works just fine for me.

32 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

the big name lanyards are expensive for what they are.

Will a Chinese knock off do the job just as well?

Yes, I had one when I first started out. However, they are gash in general. You either have to attach them up near shoulders in the hope they dont touch the ground OR you attach them to your vest/belt and they still hit the floor, you just do not lose the pistol. My advice would just buy a retention holster, much much better. I've had 4 different retention holsters, never lost / had a pistol fall out. 

15 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Yes, I had one when I first started out. However, they are gash in general. You either have to attach them up near shoulders in the hope they dont touch the ground OR you attach them to your vest/belt and they still hit the floor, you just do not lose the pistol. My advice would just buy a retention holster, much much better. I've had 4 different retention holsters, never lost / had a pistol fall out. 

I take your point but it is not uncommon for people to lose their grip on a pistol when drawing it quickly in a tight skirmish situation. 

5 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I take your point but it is not uncommon for people to lose their grip on a pistol when drawing it quickly in a tight skirmish situation. 

Oh right

• Supporters

I gotta be honest, this is purely my own experience, but I've never ever see someone drop their pistol, I wouldn't agree that it's even approaching common.  I get that it obviously has happened, I've seen many a cheap holster spill a sidearm and even more often lose the mag, but never once seen a pistol dropped in 13 years and never heard of it before this thread.

I tried a lanyard maaaaany moons ago because my very cheap holster (at the time) dropped mags and then my AEP - found it mega annoying personally.  Moved to using half decent plastic holsters, never had any issues ever again.  Not one lost mag let alone the pistol itself.  Doesn't need to be some £100+ Safariland by any stretch, the WAS universal is highly praised all around and you can get an IMI on UKTac for about £25.  No doubt there's other economical options out there I'm not aware of as well.

Obviously if folks feel a need it's their kit and do have at it but I just want to present a different perspective here.

Archived