Standard gears, high speed/torque motor?

Pewpewpetie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quick question, I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question. Recently rebuilt  my specna edge and trying to improve trigger response slightly, so Far I’ve installed new cylinder head, nozzle and piston head. Installed a 6.02 barrel and new hop. Gun is shooting lovely at 348fps. The current motor is a standard spec a 1800rpm, I was wondering could I put a g&g ifrit 2500rpm motor in to increase trigger response slightly without changing gears.

Yes. Though without changing to high speed gears it will be a limited improvement. I found the best upgrade being to upgrade from a 7.4v lipo to either a 9.9LIFE or 11.1v Lipo. 

If you were planning to change the gears to a high speed set at some point in the future then yes, get the high torque. If no, get a decent Balanced motor for better trigger response. 

I've gone through several builds looking for trigger response.

The best upgrade without a doubt is 13:1 gears.

It's an instant improvement. When paired with a decent high torque motor as well you can get a very crisp trigger response on 7.4v, and also have a decent RPS 20+

High speed motors are a little odd on standard gears. You do gain trigger response, but you also push into double shooting much sooner. As the gears are spinning so much faster, and have so much more energy with that speed. High-speed gearsets, on the other hand, spin slower and put more strain on the motor. The difference in the 2 setups is night and day.

How much would cost to change the gears and motor etc and causing more strain on the motor.  Wouldn’t an ETU or Gate Titan provide the results your are after, with many other options too?

If you can do the work yourself all you need to pay for is parts.

Typically gears are £13-15 and a budget motor should be about £30.

A titan would not provide the same effect. There is little point IMO putting a titan in anything that isn't pushing 20+ rps. Under that, the mechanical parts and a basic mosfet are more than enough to keep a gun running for a long time.

The advantage the titan offers IMO is the ability to tame a build that would otherwise kill itself. 25+ rps on a single sector gear. Or to make a gun perform more in line with a real gun, with a trigger delay. Putting one in a stock gun isn't an effective use of your money. The ability to tweak settings isn't useful when your gun is limited.

Balanced (stock circa 18:1) gearset with 22TPA/22000rpm motor and 11.1 gives awesome response (22RPS) and minimal parts meddling.

Only advise for M100 and above springs to avoid pre engagement.

The torque really helps pull from a standstill on Semi auto vs 16TPA/30000rpm motors, which need to get up to speed

Archived