Got both the Ares Soc-AR Bullpup and RS T97B!

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

EDIT: I just got word that Begadi will not sell RIF's overseas as they use an age verification check system which is incompatible with international customers. So looks like I will have to look for second hand T97's. As such I have removed the reference to a new T97 from the below post. 

Hello all. 

I have asked for the thread regarding the missing Real Sword Type 97 to be hidden as I am now involving my CC company and would rather the details not be online for all (and the retailer) to read. 

So i am now in a situation where I need to decide what to do next. 

The T97 money is tied up, I may not get that money back for many months, so what do I do now? 

I am looking at the ARES Soc-AR. Very new and advanced. I can get them in the UK, but San Marino has them for sale at over 100 quid cheaper. We may be leaving the EU by the end of the month so after that date I would have to pay VAT and increased shipping costs which will raise the overall cost to an unacceptable level. 

I could purchase the ARES, and hopefully receive the funds from the T97 in the next couple of weeks if I get refunded by the original retailer and then look for a second hand one. 

Ideally I would get both rifles, but its unlikely before we leave the EU. So what should I do?

Support your local airsoft shop? 

And then you keep a local shop in business that has spares on hand when you need them. 

And you can go back easily if there is a problem. 

13 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Support your local airsoft shop? 

And then you keep a local shop in business that has spares on hand when you need them. 

And you can go back easily if there is a problem. 

That would be brilliant. However no shop in the UK stock RS T97's and the Ares is far more expensive in the UK. (None of my local shops stock it anyway)

Updated thread, Begadi do not sell RIFs overseas, disappointing but it has edged me towards getting the ARES and pick up a RS T97 second hand at another date. Thoughts?

• Supporters

Redwolf give the Ares a very good review, I'd go for that given the price your able to get it for & the impending changes ahead, the RS are a bit like unicorn tears so it's never gonna be easy (or cheap) to get, & hold out for your refund, other/better opportunities may later present themselves to get the RS.

Don't fucking buy from San Marino.

Those guys deserve to die in a fire.

/r

Get the Ares first and then wait for a response on the type 97

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Redwolf give the Ares a very good review

I wouldn't trust redwolf anymore after their Titan commercial video.

11 minutes ago, Skara said:

Don't fucking buy from San Marino.

Those guys deserve to die in a fire.

/r

Get the Ares first and then wait for a response on the type 97

I wouldn't trust redwolf anymore after their Titan commercial video.

I know I know. But I have gotten lucky with all 4 of the rifles I have bought from there :D

That Redwolf Titan battery shill video was so bad. However other reviews seem pretty happy with the SOC despite it being pretty heavy. 

For a RS type 97 contact Real sword directly they have just done a re-release on the complete T 1 gear box for the 97 so a re-run on the complete type 97 may not be far behind. 

Althought the the current political climate in Hong Kong may see your parcel delayed it did with mine when I order from them recently.

3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

However no shop in the UK stock RS T97's and the Ares is far more expensive in the UK.

Wolf Armouries usually have ancient shit hiding in dusty corners, mostly owing to their appalling inability to reflect what they actually possess on their website (but also often because of bad pricing). They were the last UK retailer I know of to have Type 56s in stock; it might be worth giving them a ring. If you absolutely have to get the Type 97 new and you can't get it from a retailer, Sniper780 has it correct: contact the factory directly. From a retailer perspective RS are a nightmare to deal with (they want paying months in advance) and most retailers seem to have given up on it. You're going to have a much better time dealing with the manufacturer than a retailer.

You could also consider buying used; like all expensive things Real Swords tend to sit on forums for months as the owners are forced to confront the reality that they're not going to get much of the money they spent back. If this Type 97B is in good condition, at ~£300 it would be a reasonable buy. This Type 97 is not in perfect shape but the buyer might be amenable to negotiation. It can be tricky to know what is and isn't a reasonable price because retailer pricing is all over the place - Type 97s were £375 when Wolf last updated their site in 700BC, but AirsoftWorld were asking £510 and Evike want $468.

If you get either type of 97, get a couple of spare motor cages - they're inexpensive and can be fragile. I vaguely recall that someone is developing a CNC-milled-from-billet replacement.

5 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

Wolf Armouries usually have ancient shit hiding in dusty corners, mostly owing to their appalling inability to reflect what they actually possess on their website (but also often because of bad pricing). They were the last UK retailer I know of to have Type 56s in stock; it might be worth giving them a ring. If you absolutely have to get the Type 97 new and you can't get it from a retailer, Sniper780 has it correct: contact the factory directly. From a retailer perspective RS are a nightmare to deal with (they want paying months in advance) and most retailers seem to have given up on it. You're going to have a much better time dealing with the manufacturer than a retailer.

You could also consider buying used; like all expensive things Real Swords tend to sit on forums for months as the owners are forced to confront the reality that they're not going to get much of the money they spent back. If this Type 97B is in good condition, at ~£300 it would be a reasonable buy. This Type 97 is not in perfect shape but the buyer might be amenable to negotiation. It can be tricky to know what is and isn't a reasonable price because retailer pricing is all over the place - Type 97s were £375 when Wolf last updated their site in 700BC, but AirsoftWorld were asking £510 and Evike want $468.

If you get either type of 97, get a couple of spare motor cages - they're inexpensive and can be fragile. I vaguely recall that someone is developing a CNC-milled-from-billet replacement.

Already way ahead of you. Wolf definitely dont have any as Jon would have mentioned it to me. AW's RS's sold a few months ago. I have found a 97B in Greece that I may grab though I wanted the full size 97. 

I have a spare gearbox, motorcage and the rail mount already which was gifted to me in anticipation for receiving the 97. 

Cheers. 

WOW. The Real Sword T97 has been found! Stuck in UK Border force. My UKARA number was either not written on it or covered up and the person who was dealing with it went on holiday so there was a long delay to get a letter out to me to prove my defense. 

The guy comes back from holiday on Saturday, I have provided my UKARA number over the phone to PF who will pass it on to BF. 

So.... hopefully I will receive it soon...

Might need to cancel that S75 chargeback...

So NOW. Do I order the new T97B that I have found or go for the Ares SOC? :D

13 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Silly question really.

Get both ;)

1 minute ago, Skara said:

Silly question really.

Get both ;)

uhhh.... Hmm. 

Already quite a bit in debt on the CC. Probably a bad idea! 

Just now, Asomodai said:

uhhh.... Hmm. 

Already quite a bit in debt on the CC. Probably a bad idea! 

Stage a kidnapping.

I'd say Ares then.

You can always hacksaw your new type 97 if you want the B version :P

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Asomodai said:

WOW. The Real Sword T97 has been found.

Hoorah 😁 

regarding the 97b & the soc, what are their respective prices, & with brexit in mind what can you potentially save ?

40 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Hoorah 😁 

regarding the 97b & the soc, what are their respective prices, & with brexit in mind what can you potentially save ?

The Soc is £353 shipped from Italy. Here the cheapest I have seen it is £430 not shipped. I have never seen any for sale second hand. 

The 97B is £409 Shipped. No more left in the UK but can be had very occasionally for around 320-350 second hand in the UK. 

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The Soc is £353 shipped from Italy. Here the cheapest I have seen it is £430 not shipped. I have never seen any for sale second hand. 

The 97B is £409 Shipped. No more left in the UK but can be had very occasionally for around 320-350 second hand in the UK. 

I'm still veering towards the ares, to me the 97b is fugly compared to pretty much every other bullpup, it's reminiscent of the emc prototype that was pre sa80.

although I'm quite impressed with look of the ares soc slr, I'd definitely consider that as an alternative to regular use bullpups.

(although the price is a choker 😵)

10 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I'm still veering towards the ares, to me the 97b is fugly compared to pretty much every other bullpup, it's reminiscent of the emc prototype that was pre sa80.

although I'm quite impressed with look of the ares soc slr, I'd definitely consider that as an alternative to regular use bullpups.

(although the price is a choker 😵)

I guess the only thing going against the SOC is the weight of it. Its heavier then all my other bullpups at just over 4kg. But the 2 round burst and mostly upgradeable internals is a huge plus for me. 

There are other options of course. APS UAR, for 118 at TG, S&T Tavor pro for 269 in the UK and the new G&G F2000 with ETU for 350 in the UK. 

There is something about the T97B that has grown on me. Especially with a suppressor. But the appeal at getting something different to my others is strong.

If only Silverback would just get on and release the MDR, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I guess the only thing going against the SOC is the weight of it. Its heavier then all my other bullpups at just over 4kg. But the 2 round burst and mostly upgradeable internals is a huge plus for me. 

There are other options of course. APS UAR, for 118 at TG, S&T Tavor pro for 269 in the UK. 

There is something about the T97B that has grown on me. Especially with a suppressor. But the appeal at getting something different to my others is strong.

If only Silverback would just get on and release the MDR, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

Get the SOC, the saving almost covers the cost of buying the aps as well, double bubble ftw 😁

PS....the mdr looks meh, although the mdr-c looks pretty cool 😎 

On 03/10/2019 at 21:14, Tackle said:

Hoorah 😁 

The T97b shop got back to me. It's a little shop soiled and have offered it to me for £356 shipped.

It's made the decision harder!

20191005_111910.jpg

20191005_111905.jpg

20191005_111856.jpg

20191005_111841.jpg

20191005_111834.jpg

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The T97b shop got back to me. It's a little shop soiled and have offered it to me for £356 shipped.

It's made the decision harder!

20191005_111910.jpg

20191005_111905.jpg

20191005_111856.jpg

20191005_111841.jpg

20191005_111834.jpg

Ooh, it's getting harder, I can see the appeal of owning the "family", especially given the rarity.

6 hours ago, Tackle said:

Ooh, it's getting harder, I can see the appeal of owning the "family", especially given the rarity.

Well... decisions have been made. This was my last big purchase before I had to stop spending money to start planning for a family. 

Not sure whether to keep what I have purchased a secret or not! 😉

10 minutes ago, Stevo4345 said:

Honesty is the best policy, they will find out.....they always find out!

Oh by default she wont be told. But I meant whether to keep it a secret from you 'orrible lot! At least until everything arrives! 

• Supporters

We know you bought the 97b 😏, you were gaggin for it lol.

Archived