TM M14 v7 gears

Raz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey guys,

So I bought some 'high speed' gears compatible with a range of gearbox versions include v6 under the belief that v6 gears are compatible with v7 gearboxes. Turns out I was wrong the spur gear is a few mm too large :(

My Google foo has failed me and I don't seem to be able to find recommendations to specific v7 gears that also mention what gear ratio they are. So does anyone have any recommendations (hoping for links to buy - uk please) or info on gears that will fit a TM M14 v7 gearbox?

A little background: I have bought a high torque motor and planned on high speed gears, the reason being the gearbox cycles really slowly and I am looking to increase trigger response - stock parts apart from an SP110 (I think) spring.

Help and thanks :P 

On 01/10/2019 at 22:10, Raz said:

hey guys,

So I bought some 'high speed' gears compatible with a range of gearbox versions include v6 under the belief that v6 gears are compatible with v7 gearboxes. Turns out I was wrong the spur gear is a few mm too large :(

My Google foo has failed me and I don't seem to be able to find recommendations to specific v7 gears that also mention what gear ratio they are. So does anyone have any recommendations (hoping for links to buy - uk please) or info on gears that will fit a TM M14 v7 gearbox?

A little background: I have bought a high torque motor and planned on high speed gears, the reason being the gearbox cycles really slowly and I am looking to increase trigger response - stock parts apart from an SP110 (I think) spring.

Help and thanks :P 

You may need to look into short stroking instead as I don't think there are many options for high speed v7 gears. 

Edit: The only genuinely High speed gear set o cam find for V7 are Seigetechs. https://www.airsoftgi.com/product/Siegetek-Concept-Revolution-13-76-Ratio-Gear-Set-V6-7-Mechbox-37666/

Eye watering sum. But the best in the business. 

• 3 months later...

For anyone looking at this, I managed to improve my trigger response massively by fitting a Mosfet. I fitted a Warfet, without pre-cocking on it is massively improved. Pre-cocking on is obviously it is amazing but I would probably have been just as happy with just the mosfet so a cheaper Mosfet would probably have been an option.

Currently the setup is:

TM M14

m110/115 spring (400fps)

warfet (modified wiring)

High Torque ASG motor

Ah lol I'd answered your original question!

Mosfets can make a big difference to trigger response, A cheap dumb fet will do it as well.

The reason being is it takes the resistance of the contacts out of the circuit, and when the MOSFET is open the resistance across it is very low.

Glad it's all working out for you in the end :D

Archived