Buffalo special 6

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Haven't got one, but have the somewhat similar Montane Extreme smock. Great bit of kit for the winter. What's your ghillie like? Is it based on a BDU jacket or similar? I don't think I'd want the pertex of the smock being the outer layer if there was a risk of tears or abrasion. 

43 minutes ago, Diemaco said:

Haven't got one, but have the somewhat similar Montane Extreme smock. Great bit of kit for the winter. What's your ghillie like? Is it based on a BDU jacket or similar? I don't think I'd want the pertex of the smock being the outer layer if there was a risk of tears or abrasion. 

It's a Northern Mountain 3d leaf suit. Basically a kind of mesh, hence my need for something decent underneath...

Had one used one but ditched it in favour of down jackets. Reason being when moving with full loads (at work) it’s way to sweaty. Plus it was used as warm kit and the most ever worn when working was a t shirt and smock. Get sweaty way to fast and overheat rapidly.

The issue with it as warm kit is that it was a pain to remove compared to full zip warm kit as you have to pull it over your head and it can’t be thrown on in a hurry over webbing armour etc during a hasty break when patrolling. 

It was tough durable and worked even when wet. For what your looking for it’s spot on. Would recommend in a heartbeat. 

Buffalo jacket was my most prised piece of warm kit works great keeps you warm. But if you start to move a lot you do soon heat up. Would still take a Buffalo jacket over a softie jacket any day of the week. 

Archived