My Basket

AmberYooToob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Whoever gave you this advice on Co2 is only giving bad advice. I'm trying to be polite. They're talking BS.

Consider who you are shooting, not just about the pistol and cheating the chrono.

Noted.

8 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m out

Sorry but you are basically yelling at a child for being a child. (Metaphorically)

There are Co2 pistols that are below 350 fps limit and I have two WE M9A1 and KWC KP09. 

There are two big drawbacks to Co2 tho

1) Since its at very high pressure (about 900psi) the valves take a pounding so fail quite quickly compared to green gas. (I've had to replace one)

2) You don't know how full they are and you can't refill before a game as you can with green gas.

I now use a green gas WE P226 for actual games.

I've been tempted to get a MK23 because of their accuracy, silence and gas efficiency.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

Ive never seen a co2 leak but I’ve experienced green gas leak. My main reason 

Money isn’t the issue though my current knowledge of upgrading the rifle is an issue, also seeing these suggestions on changing sidearms but not knowing much about sidearms beyond my experience with leaky GG Pistols.. it would be nice for a suggestion on a reliable pistol.

Edit: please don’t misunderstand this reply I’m very grateful for the help but I’m literally scratching my head here

green gas is pretty easy, just keep it gassed, co2 is a bit more finnicky, in general when i'm seeing leaky mags its almost always co2 or leaving it ungassed.

3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Almost all the sites I've played (30 plus) check all CO2 pistols, they also only let you chrono with fresh c02 bulbs yo not cheat the chrono. 

There is no really good reason to get C02 over green gas.

better for winter, and a snappier kick. but no point cheating the chrono, it's just breaking the spirit of the sport. get a gun that's field compatible or don't bother. you can modify them to drop energy, although a downgraded gun could be either perfectly good or ruined depending on how much effort went into it (eg my makarov as modded by a member on here is lovely and consistent, my 1911 that had a hole drilled in the nozzle less so)

if you want a sidearm that can double as a primary (as it's supporting a sniper) then the suggestions of the reliable, gas efficient and quiet mk23 are very solid, if you want kick go for a hicapa or similar tm offering. 

4 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

Boots are in there, the way I see it it’s deadrag or dead arm, I own 2 different face masks (gas mask and mesh) I know the videos but I know there are kits you can buy too

i tried a dead rag once, because my arm wasn't up i still got shot at and the red only gave me away.

i really must emphasise that you need to be really damn sure you wanna go straight into sniping, easy to get drawn in by the shiny but guns that are fun for half a day can turn out to be a very different animal to run regularly, the aeg gets recommended as a starter gun because it's the jack of all trades that's good enough to suit (or at the very least be taylored) to any playstyle (be it a speedsofters dsg'd arp9 or a marksmans dmr'd sr25)

4 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

As I’m primarily a paintballer I have no useful opinion on guns etc (You’ve covered the fact that you have tried sniper play already so aren’t going for that blindly) .... but can comment on some parts:

Ghillie construction - investigate interim options on YouTube etc, such as a ghillie cape.   There is a lot of work to put into building a true ghillie - but that brings in the experience and experimentation that you don’t get from just shopping for one.

Work out the balance you need of a mobile & simple for gameplay as opposed to a full on bush suit.

Goggles, I’m always going to recommend full face or as a minimum something that seals the area around your eyes and is going to stay on your face.

Mesh horrifies me on the possibility of shards etc 

Keep goggles simple - you want visibility, reliability and airflow.  If you’re a kid as hinted in some of the posts then you will be limited on the need for full face eye protection 

Gloves - anything that feels good to you and fits your hand but doesn’t restrict in trigger guards etc

Deadrag - if the sites and events you play require it then use one, if not then there is nothing wrong with raising your hand and moving out of the firefight.  They also supports things such as sneaky play.

When I’m writing game rules I’m putting in situations that will reward types of play.  I don’t like cheating players who act dead to get behind enemy lines and then miraculously get cured and shoot everyone in the back, but if nobody challenges you and you can walk into enemy HQ then your blatent risk taking could be rewarded.  A dead rag rule takes away opportunities

If you are playing with dead rag / flag rules then you could get a whole sheet of material in a local fabric land / seamstress shop for the price of a tactical dead rag in a mini camouflage pouch etc

A square of man made fake silk etc will squish into the tiniest of pockets or pouch ready to be pulled out

Hydration pack - I hate the taste and it’s something else to wear and keep clean

But it can be a matter of personal preference and also be affected on the type of events you play.  Definitely drink, but you may not need to wear your drink

3 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

Most sites don’t check side arms but even so I can use the range for each mag to make them less “hot” or so I was told by some people on the weekend recently 

I also believe this to be poor advice.  
All guns should be checked, and it’s extemely bad practice to just shoot off some of the co2 to counter a gun that shoots hot

co2 performs in a number of ways, in liquid and gaseous states.

My physics are outdated but I would expect a 12 gram co2 cartridge to be in a liquid state and releasing gas at approx 850psi.  Unlike compressed air etc the pressure doesn’t drop a fraction with each shot, the ‘pressure’ will fluctuate.  Once you have fired a fair bit of the 12 gram then you will eventually have used enough to have an impact on reducing output —- but have wasted most along the way

2 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

The safety is reducing the pressure on the co2 at least that’s what I was told is best to do if you’re dedicated to co2,

This to me is bad advice,that counters hot guns

co2 isn’t consistent ...... though there are circumstances that it can be made more predictable, such as enforcing its release in a liquid state which also needs the knowledge of what you are doing and equipment that can handle liquid co2

2 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

I need to grow up? I’m not the one berating someone because they don’t know better than what they’ve heard people say in the safe zones of airsoft sites from people they don’t know.

”what if you need a new bulb?” Change to one of the other 4 mags until returning to the safe zone or just shoot a nearby tree both can have the same effect.

.... at 51 I have no intent on growing up anytime soon, and in many cases I’d recommend not growing up

..... again as an organizer I’d not be happy with hot guns

The fire a few to lower the fps of co2 pistols is a myth.  All it does is ice up the nozzle slowing the fps temporarily (cheating the chrono)  give it 10 mins or so for said ice to melt and its up to full pressure.  Its what my kwa luger did when i believed that rumour, it was immediately shelved until a new nozzle was put in it (sold by a helpful 3d printer person off here i might add). 

Maybe its true if you fired off a couple of mags worth.  But you tend to only get 3 or so mags worth out of a bulb.

As previously mentioned, just get a site legal side arm.  If co2 is a must, kjw do glocks that are within uk site limits among others. 

• Supporters

Guys, he's down, stop kicking. :D

TM Mk23 will be fine.  It might even be usable at range if your sniper isn't quite up to YouTube standards.

However, I note that Reforger has a 30m MED on bolties.  If that's real world metres rather than airsoft, that's quite some distance for any stock pistol to shoot. If you find yourself not having great days I would suggest looking into a compact AEG as a secondary.  Just throwing it out there, you might get on perfectly well.

12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

There is no really good reason to get C02 over green gas.

Except that co2 works all year round, green gas doesn’t. Even nuprol black and guarder power up is shit in cold weather. 

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Guys, he's down, stop kicking. :D

TM Mk23 will be fine.  It might even be usable at range if your sniper isn't quite up to YouTube standards.

However, I note that Reforger has a 30m MED on bolties.  If that's real world metres rather than airsoft, that's quite some distance for any stock pistol to shoot. If you find yourself not having great days I would suggest looking into a compact AEG as a secondary.  Just throwing it out there, you might get on perfectly well.

I thought they said 20 MED, also I was looking at getting a TM scorpion AEP but currently sold out, getting a backup weapon is a wise idea (and my gun bag does have space for 2 rifles and a pistol 🤔)

also sorry if i got snippy towards the end the end of the day yesterday I’d been working 16 hours and had been up since 4am until about 11pm. Those who think I’m a kid, I’ve already applied for my Ukara 2 weeks ago as of yesterday.

2 minutes ago, E21A said:

Except that co2 works all year round, green gas doesn’t. Even nuprol black and guarder power up is shit in cold weather. 

NBB should work all year round and plastic slide GBBPs should too given stock recoil spring as well I suppose. 

Guess for the metal fetish guys C02 might be the only way. ( I jest metal is cool and more durable.) 

For OP as far as sites not checking pistols they are able to spot check you. The fps of your kit is your responsibility if it shoots hot and you get caught it's not uncommon to get banned so I would insist you get anything you intend to shoot at a human chronod. 

7 minutes ago, Musica said:

NBB should work all year round and plastic slide GBBPs should too given stock recoil spring as well I suppose. 

Both true points. NBB is weird though, and plastic slides (TM) can bore off 😂

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Musica said:

it gets cold enough even a hicapa can fall on it's face.

18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it gets cold enough even a hicapa can fall on it's face.

VMtdrgbh.jpg

I haven't played long enough to have  any experience on of this to be fair. I am a sweet summer child. 

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Musica said:

I haven't played long enough to have  any experience on of this to be fair. I am a sweet summer child. 

sadly this is related to trying to run one in northern irish winters, when it gets cold enough most guns start struggling, even co2 can be tricksy when it's cold enough for the nozzle to be half frozen before you even start shooting.

CO2 comes with its own set of problems.

Namely it dries the crap out of seals, can't top up gas, higher power output than green gas.

The first issue can be addressed by literally lubing the top of the cartridge before inserting it. Not a permanent solution but it gets lube into the system.

Topping up at the moment is impossible. (it would require someone to create a reusable cartridge with both inlet and outlet valves, but at that point it's just a GG mag with more stuff that can go wrong inside)

Higher power (J) output can be "fixed" by either getting a shorter AND wider inner barrel so that the expanding gas has less volume available to push the BB, or by cutting the hammer spring, which is something I wouldn't recommend doing to a newbie.

TL;DR

Stick to Green Gas, much easier to work with, less maintenance required and you get to pass the chrono without cheating.

It'll cool down, but so does CO2 with all the downsides listed above.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

I thought they said 20 MED

https://www.reforgerairsoft.com/site-rules-and-standards

" Single shot bolt action Sniper 500 FPS  with a 30 Metre Minimum engagement - rules as DMR "

How strictly that's enforced is down to the site, but 30m is a fair old distance in real metres.

also I was looking at getting a TM scorpion AEP

That's a lot to pay for an AEP.  Pretty much any cheap JG or CYMA carbine or SMG is handy to have in your bag (or on your back) for when you've tuned your sniper the wrong way and are hooking shots round trees and up into the sky.

Don't fret though, you should still be good with  a Mk23 NBB.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

How strictly that's enforced is down to the site, but 30m is a fair old distance in real metres.

it's about 90 airsoft meters isn't it? hell of a distance to be shooting.....

getting a pistol to shoot that far isn't so hard, but making hits is going to be a different ball game, and remember odds are if they're that close you'll be getting in the range of effective full auto from aeg's.

Archived