8Fields Sniper Rig

AmberYooToob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

No pistol holster on that.

8-fields stuff is... OK.  It works, and it suits my budget.  The straps aren't going to go, but you may have issues with the stitching - I had a horizontal mag pouch come open yesterday, but it was rubbing on other gear.  I'd buy another to replace it rather than pay more and not necessarily get any better quality.

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

No pistol holster on that.

8-fields stuff is... OK.  It works, and it suits my budget.  The straps aren't going to go, but you may have issues with the stitching - I had a horizontal mag pouch come open yesterday, but it was rubbing on other gear.  I'd buy another to replace it rather than pay more and not necessarily get any better quality.

For my first setup while I’m just getting into it plus I’ll be carrying a mini sewing kit a mini tool kit and a pocket first aid kit

Just another copy of the d3cr.

You could sacrifice a m4 pouch to act as a holster, plenty of people do it.

If you want to carry a mk23 I'm afraid you'll have to cut the bottom of said pouch tho.

2 hours ago, Skara said:

Just another copy of the d3cr.

You could sacrifice a m4 pouch to act as a holster, plenty of people do it.

If you want to carry a mk23 I'm afraid you'll have to cut the bottom of said pouch tho.

Mostly wanna maximise my ability to survive the weapon hit rule (weapon hit it’s disabled switch to a non hit weapon)

• Supporters

If you do choose to shove your pistol in to a mag pouch, be aware that it's always possible to compress the mag release when moving, therefore dumping your pistol mag in the deepest puddle or longest grass (that bits guaranteed, it's Sods Law😜), so sometimes good to stick a bit of tape on the mag/pistol grip, slows down reloads but better than chucking away £25 mags.

there are also Velcro straps available to secure the mag, they work well.

5 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

P.S. that's not really a snipers rig, all that kit on your front means you can't get in the prone position very well, which is the snipers default position.

you really want something like this:

https://www.flecktarn.co.uk/odtsb1nx.html

horizontal mag pouches easy to access, & the small molle area in the middle will allow you to fit an imi/nuprol holster in the middle of your back, angled at 45 degrees for an easy transition from rifle to pistol, even when your laying on your belly.

trust me it works.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

If you do choose to shove your pistol in to a mag pouch, be aware that it's always possible to compress the mag release when moving, therefore dumping your pistol mag in the deepest puddle or longest grass (that bits guaranteed, it's Sods Law😜), so sometimes good to stick a bit of tape on the mag/pistol grip, slows down reloads but better than chucking away £25 mags.

there are also Velcro straps available to secure the mag, they work well.

P.S. that's not really a snipers rig, all that kit on your front means you can't get in the prone position very well, which is the snipers default position.

you really want something like this:

https://www.flecktarn.co.uk/odtsb1nx.html

horizontal mag pouches easy to access, & the small molle area in the middle will allow you to fit an imi/nuprol holster in the middle of your back, angled at 45 degrees for an easy transition from rifle to pistol, even when your laying on your belly.

trust me it works.

I’m building up my basket so I thought I’d ask, the first job is to hold my extra mags after that I’d like to have a second pistol but as it’s lacking a holster I’ll refrain, my first pistol will be on my Right leg. Thanks for your help though 

14 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

plus I’ll be carrying a mini sewing kit a mini tool kit and a pocket first aid kit

Why?

Are you really going to stop mid game and start sewing things up?

20 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

Mostly wanna maximise my ability to survive the weapon hit rule (weapon hit it’s disabled switch to a non hit weapon)

Ummm are you implying your pistol will be essentially a shield if it’s in a pouch? Weapon hit should be what’s in your hand. Not in your body. And hit to the body is a hit. No matter what it hits in or on you. It’s still hit you.

Snipers rely on honesty when we hit people because we can be at the extremes of range. Thus hits can be light.  If we are ourselves not playing by this mantra then we undermine our case completely. 

If I’m wrong then my apologies for my slight rant. 

1 minute ago, Stodgy said:

Ummm are you implying your pistol will be essentially a shield if it’s in a pouch? Weapon hit should be what’s in your hand. Not in your body. And hit to the body is a hit. No matter what it hits in or on you. It’s still hit you.

Snipers rely on honesty when we hit people because we can be at the extremes of range. Thus hits can be light.  If we are ourselves not playing by this mantra then we undermine our case completely. 

He means he can keep playing by having a secondary gun on him in case his main rifle gets hit.

Of course a body hit is a "kill"

@SkaraI fully agree. It just did not come across that way as most (everyone I have played at) insist on a secondary regardless due to MED

I was just after clarification and apologies if I went off on a slight rant. One of those days today. 

9 minutes ago, Stodgy said:

if your weapon is "hit" then your weapon is broken it cannot be used, you must switch to a different weapon... if you have no other weapon you are dead

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
59 minutes ago, AmberYooToob said:

if your weapon is "hit" then your weapon is broken it cannot be used, you must switch to a different weapon... if you have no other weapon you are dead

This rule almost certainly doesn't apply if it's on your body. "Weapon hit" rules almost always apply if you're carrying the weapon in question... Hence the "switch" to a different weapon - can't switch from a weapon if you're not using it.

1 minute ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

This rule almost certainly doesn't apply if it's on your body. "Weapon hit" rules almost always apply if you're carrying the weapon in question... Hence the "switch" to a different weapon - can't switch from a weapon if you're not using it.

Exactly, I didn’t mention this Assuming it to be common sense, sorry if this caused confusion 

11 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Why?

Are you really going to stop mid game and start sewing things up?

Mid game? No, but between games or on fall back games/mini campaigns I’m usually out early so I got a while before I get engaged again

• Supporters
3 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

Is this why you want to run 2 pistols ?, why stop at just 3 guns 😜

IMG_4707.JPG

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Is this why you want to run 2 pistols ?, why stop at just 3 guns 😜

IMG_4707.JPG

MFW I met the guy who would actually do this, he had like 21 guns on him and I was just sitting there watching him shout “WEAPON HIT”

8 hours ago, AmberYooToob said:

Exactly, I didn’t mention this Assuming it to be common sense, sorry if this caused confusion 

Mid game? No, but between games or on fall back games/mini campaigns I’m usually out early so I got a while before I get engaged again

Then leave all of that with the rest of your gear in the safe zone. Only take the minimum into the field!!

I wouldn't want to run a chest rig with my sniper unless I know I won't be spending any time on my belly. I've done it before its very uncomfortable. Plus you need pouches for the rifle you're using's mags not M4 mags, I use a belt with two Warrior .338 mag pouches on my left, my pistol on my right and a radio on my back.

Archived