WE MP5 Apache Hop unit troubles

Sawyer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all,

My WE MP5 has issues holding the BBs within the hop unit. They won't roll forwards, but if I lock the bolt to the rear after chambering, the BB will fall out of the barrel, and into the working parts. I stripped the entire hop unit, replaced the hop rubber with a TM one, and checked it was applying hop, which it is.

The only other thing I can think of is that the loading nozzle doesn't push the BBs in far enough for the rubber to "grip" them. I've pushed a BB in with a punch, and tested it, it's held and doesn't roll out the back. The nozzle doesn't look deformed to my eyes, anyone got any other suggestions, short of buying a new loading nozzle and trying again?

Obviously I don't often have cause to lock the bolt rearwards when I've got a BB chambered, but it's sometimes useful, and it would be nice to have the gun operate properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ensured that the pin that goes through the receiver that straightens the hop unit is in?

You might not be applying the correct amount of pressure to the nub or it could be misaligned.

Also, this is a common thing with some gbbrs,the seal between the nozzle and hop will be pretty tight especially with a new bucking (which is a good thing) pulling the bolt back will create suction and pull the bb out (think of it as a chamber clearing mechanic)

Other than that I would only recommend to try and bed your hop in some more.

• 1 month later...

Archived