Fake Grenades?

Fosty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You guys ever use fake grenades to distract or make people clear a room?

I taped up this instant coffee jar so I can give it a go. 

Do you think this could do the trick in the heat of battle? I'll probably put some text on it or something. I might make a better one later.

15697159269159159349856132125921.jpg

I've had grenades land at my feet before now and they definitely make you move. Time it right and you'll come round the corner and catch everyone either running away or too busy looking at it to shoot back

13 hours ago, Fosty said:

You guys ever use fake grenades to distract or make people clear a room?

I taped up this instant coffee jar so I can give it a go. 

Do you think this could do the trick in the heat of battle? I'll probably put some text on it or something. I might make a better one later.

15697159269159159349856132125921.jpg

I've used it a few times in The Mall to great effect (RIP) - the key though is you have to be moving into the room the second the "grenade" hits the floor - trust they they'll get fooled by it. You're relying on their distraction, and that can last for as long as they clear the room fully, or just for a split second to make them focus on the grenade as you're taking your shot. Be prepared to get shot.

• Supporters

All of these will work, until you piss off the wrong person and it gets banned.

If you're going to be a cad, go balls out.  Buy these on eBay for £14 for a dozen (!) and claim that they count as kills.  I mean, they have lights and sounds, so what's the difference? ;)

s-l1600.jpg

• Supporters

Seen it done a TON with pre-loved disposable pyro.  It definitely got me the first of the 50 or so times I've seen it tried, becomes very obvious very quick though.  One guy at the mall tried it while I was in one of the shops and he was on the other side of a huge transparent window.  Sat and watched him pick up the dead cardboard and throw it through the door.  Shook my head and he shrugged at me like 'it was worth a try', no, you nonce.

Might get a couple of goes out of it with a weird looking pipe bomb like that though.  After the first 1/4 of the day I think you'll have to start chucking stuff that actually goes bang.

if/when I get round to getting an actual airsoft grenade/blank firer ill definitely be doing this/ trying to make some look similar. then plan the mind games.  start with the fakes so they learn not to run then thow the real one?  start with the real so they run from the fake? mix it up continuously... ? either way sounds fun...

Clickbaity title. But desert fox is one of the better youtubers.  That and swampsniper for the big themed event vids.  Aaand node for challenges and mini games

36 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

At what point does Mr Clickbait Giant Haystacks looking Mo-Fo appear in this video?

I got bored watching at about 8 mins 🤦🏻‍♂️

I appear at 5:20 waving if your looking for a manly specimen but I just skimmed the video again and the bit the fellow in question is standing at in the photo never makes it in to this video as it's the other side of the site and upstairs. I can confirm he is a regular at this site but Jet didn't even take this picture it was a photographer called Acarias photography. 

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=447081199354860&id=283079715755010&set=a.447080719354908&source=49

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Musica said:

how a pro survives a grenade  just push the enemy who are feel smug about throwing it.

Looks fine to me.  I pity folk lobbing £3 paper pyro up and down the stairs like that, it rarely gets kills and gives you plenty of time to push past it.

In Depot specific news, Baz and Johnno were both getting very grumpy about high pyro and blind throws on Sunday are were making noises about just banning it completely if it doesn't settle down.

[Looks at BFG collection, gulps]

43 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Looks fine to me.  I pity folk lobbing £3 paper pyro up and down the stairs like that, it rarely gets kills and gives you plenty of time to push past it.

In Depot specific news, Baz and Johnno were both getting very grumpy about high pyro and blind throws on Sunday are were making noises about just banning it completely if it doesn't settle down.

[Looks at BFG collection, gulps]

Inherently you throw it "blind" because if you peaked the door etc you'd just shoot them. Hence why I've had a few team kills by throwing them in somewhere I know someone is but I didn't technically know they were a baddie.  Ugh I'm about 80 quid deep in to my BFG I'd rather not have an expensive paper weight. 

Seen this video and it made me grimace when he throws it 

Sorry probably hijacked this thread. Often I see people throw husks of paper pyro as a distraction device and it works enough to be worth doing I suppose. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Musica said:

Inherently you throw it "blind" because if you peaked the door etc you'd just shoot them.

You can still throw it where you can see it will land, even if you can't see the people that it will frag.

The point of contention was folk yeeting them blindly round corners without any idea what was round there, and specifically on staircases without checking whether their "knee height" pyro was coming in at someone else's face height.

It might have been overblown, it turns out that Baz hates pyro and wants to see it banned anyway.

Either way, I was double careful to check where I was posting it for the rest of the day.

I guess throwing lightweight dummies would be less objectionable, until someone objects to being fooled.

Play nice with it if you want to keep using it, would be my take-away point.

Archived