Magnified optic with CQB rifle?

Fosty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

38 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd go one step further and remove the canted dot entirely and either go for a smaller dot stacked on top of the main optic or more likely just not bother (which is my current setup).

after all that's what the 1x version is for, and if they're real close you don't need to use the sights at all.

Or use that pistol decoration everyone has strapped to their hip. After running it as primary I would take my pistol over my evo for CQB any day. 

Not sure how I feel about canted sights in airsoft as the hopup is all wrong but maybe that's fine at close distance 😕

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

They are very good, nowhere near a .308 but I used one on my friends 22 rimfire for ages with no issues at all, having said that I'd still probably opt for the Vortex just for the warranty 😂 and because they are a bit gucci.

I've got a Vortex PST on my real Remington 700 .308, for the money you can't beat them.

21 minutes ago, Musica said:

Or use that pistol decoration everyone has strapped to their hip. After running it as primary I would take my pistol over my evo for CQB any day. 

Not sure how I feel about canted sights in airsoft as the hopup is all wrong but maybe that's fine at close distance 😕

Don't have to have it canted, all my red dots usually sit on top of the magnified sight (think along the lines of the spectre or acog options)

Ran a similar setup with a fixed 4x and a small dot on top for quite some time. It does work but it's rather heavy, or at least, mine was.

It adds some height to your rifle, but nothing major..

Stopped using it because my field has rather short engagement distances due to bushes and undergrowth everywhere, but it's a really good option for a "universal" gun.

after all that's what the 1x version is for, and if they're real close you don't need to use the sights at all.

Yea but it looks cool 😉😂

spacer.png

1AB5FF6B-DE98-477E-9CCC-DF34D76C2182.jpeg

3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

I see Visionking don't seem to do 1x scopes anymore.  Just the 1.25x.  Is that going to be an issue at close range?  I thought you really need 1x for using them as red dot replacements?  Or is the extra .25 not noticeable?  Seems odd they would stop doing 1x ones.

9 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I see Visionking don't seem to do 1x scopes anymore.  Just the 1.25x.  Is that going to be an issue at close range?  I thought you really need 1x for using them as red dot replacements?  Or is the extra .25 not noticeable?  Seems odd they would stop doing 1x ones.

I'm not sure they ever did 1x version from my shopping around think people just called it 1x for simplicity. 

I'm ready to pull the trigger just a bit worries about getting stung for an extra £20 quid on royal mail/vat fees as they all seem to come from china. 

Just now, Musica said:

I'm not sure they ever did 1x version from my shopping around think people just called it 1x for simplicity. 

I'm ready to pull the trigger just a bit worries about getting stung for an extra £20 quid on royal mail/vat fees as they all seem to come from china. 

Dont want to tempt fate but whenever I ordered from MLE mart he always used to down play the value.

4 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Dont want to tempt fate but whenever I ordered from MLE mart he always used to down play the value.

£20 postage from MLE taking it just just above £90 

Might be better risking VAT and royal mail on a £60 one and still be cheaper. 

54 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Barely even noticeable to be honest. I don't recall it ever being just 1x just knew it was between 1-5 or there about.

Ah.  I see.  It's just I've seen a few reviews and they've all said "1x" and I took them at their word.

19 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

You could get away with a shorter riser on there, maybe even not as tall depending on your cheek weld.

I use the long, 1" open one above specifically on the G36 because its iron sights are low enough to peep through it - yours aren't.

Yeah it's a bit high,  but once I put my face mask on it's not too bad.

I might get a smaller one later. 

Edit: oh wow, more replies than I expected. 

I tried the red dot on top but it was just too high up. The 45 degree turn feels better,  and I think it's accurate for the ranges I'll be using it at. 

I went with that in case I needed to switch to a 1x optic quickly while my main one was zoomed in,  but also this 1-4 isn't truly 1x at its lowest. 

I'll probably keep the riser unmodified for now and just see how it goes when I play in couple weeks.

15 hours ago, Musica said:

Don't have a pistol, but I probably should have got one instead.

20 hours ago, Fosty said:

Yeah it's a bit high,  but once I put my face mask on it's not too bad.

I might get a smaller one later. 

Edit: oh wow, more replies than I expected. 

I tried the red dot on top but it was just too high up. The 45 degree turn feels better,  and I think it's accurate for the ranges I'll be using it at. 

I went with that in case I needed to switch to a 1x optic quickly while my main one was zoomed in,  but also this 1-4 isn't truly 1x at its lowest. 

I'll probably keep the riser unmodified for now and just see how it goes when I play in couple weeks.

Get lower profile face protection then you can lower your mounts 

5 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Get lower profile face protection then you can lower your mounts 

Haven't seen anything lower than the Tigris One mesh mask yet.

These are pretty low profile.  Kind of looks like you're wearing a nappy though.  I see the Chinese still aren't taking into account basic Human physiology and not accounting for a nose recess in the mesh though.

https://www.weapon762.com/mask/2017-tmc-lightweight-assault-balaclava.html

On 05/10/2019 at 15:53, Fosty said:

Haven't seen anything lower than the Tigris One mesh mask yet.

There's a dude doing ones on Facebook that are pretty cool, I have the onetigris one and it's just the same as not wearing one because of the material sidings 

10 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

There's a dude doing ones on Facebook that are pretty cool, I have the onetigris one and it's just the same as not wearing one because of the material sidings 

Oh yeah, looks pretty good.
My wife has restricted me to 3 hours of airsoft a month so I think I'm not going to invest any more money into it. 
Might just cut the padded interior off my Tigris mask.

3 hours ago, Fosty said:

My wife has restricted me to 3 hours of airsoft a month so I think I'm not going to invest any more money into it. 

44 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

3 hours ?!!!!

We could go way off topic here, but imagine if you told her she could only spend 3 hours a month doing what she enjoyed!? 

Nope! Anyway, that's all I've got to say on that, other than 3 hours isn't even a proper game day! 

3 hours ago, Fosty said:

Think you need a new wife! 😂

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Fosty said:

just make the case that it's fresh air, exercise and joining a community.

the shooting part of airsoft is just that- only part of it.

Archived