Buying replacement parts.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I had a TM pistol, and the slide eventually broke and needed replacing, but my UKARA number had expired, would I be unable to buy a black slide?

I imagine not, and yet if  the gun was originally a RIF, bought when I had UKARA,  I would not be changing a non RIF into a RIF

Or if I wanted to buy a replacement grip or frame, how would that work? How would a retailer be able to work out whether my pistol was coloured or not if it had not been seen?

Lets say I had a coloured RIF with red slide and grip, but the frame was black or silver and I wanted to replace it, how would that work out?

Has anybody been in this position?

As far as I'm aware the UKARA is to buy a RIF without that lovely Green,OrangeBlue etc paint job from retailers and secondhand dealers(if they are sensible).

As for parts for your TM pistol as an example just look on ebay the retailers there dont ask for UKARA,I've bought a decent amount of parts from all over the place and never been asked

I even once toyed with the idea of building a RIF from the ground up but it can get pricey and as I'm a member of a site thats my defence if stopped not that that should happen as everything is in bags in the boot of my car I dont wear camo on my top half and go straight to the site no stopping for snacks or anything

I have to say I really dont like to see people in camo/military uniform in public places anyway this goes back to being well schooled by the excellent NCOs of Pirbright that you were a target for terroists when in uniform and therefore a risk to joe public as well as yourself

Ok rant over I hope this helps 🖖

• Supporters

You need a VCRA defense to in order to be sold, to import or manufacture RIFs.

You can buy parts just fine.  If you bought a whole RIFs' worth of parts in one shipment without a defence (and HMRC actually checked the box) that could be an issue.

Archived