TM Mk46 Mod.0

Dentonboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well looks like you can start pre-ordering from a few retailers, I wonder how many will sell over here due to the price tag and the large number of "it's only airsoft why should I spend more than £200 on a gun" people in the community.

12 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

It'll sell out everywhere pretty quickly.  There's plenty of people with the money to spend on one, they're just not as vocal as the "8fields is just as good as crye" crowd.

the old buy cheap buy thrice muppets are incredibly vocal, I do hope to see a few out and about at some point in the new year as I would be interested to hear some people’s review of it when it’s cost them their hard earned. 

On 16/11/2019 at 10:36, DopeYourScope said:

the old buy cheap buy thrice muppets are incredibly vocal, I do hope to see a few out and about at some point in the new year as I would be interested to hear some people’s review of it when it’s cost them their hard earned. 

They'll be one of these within the Misfits for the March Milsim 😉

18 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

It'll sell out everywhere pretty quickly.  There's plenty of people with the money to spend on one, they're just not as vocal as the "8fields is just as good as crye" crowd.

8 Fields is just as good as Crye as long as you dont try to colour match, look at it or use it in anger. 

Edit:

I'm actually happy with how the pricing is for a spare box mag and bullet links are £67 + shipping. Seems decent.

Also, buy the MK46 and its just over 1K with shipping which is good

It looks great but for me it's not going to outperform my beat up CA M249 PARA I picked up as a boneyard gun for £250 off a mate with £50 worth of parts, modded hop and r hopped barrel

All I'm interested in is the gearbox. If it's not a purpose built thing like the CA/A&K then its dead in the water at half the price. Now if it's built like a tank inside it becomes much more appealing. 

11 hours ago, Wo1f said:

All I'm interested in is the gearbox. If it's not a purpose built thing like the CA/A&K then its dead in the water at half the price. Now if it's built like a tank inside it becomes much more appealing. 

ditto, pretty sure I read it is purpose built but would like confirmation as I know those pre-release reports can sometimes be wrong.

• 1 month later...

So I've seen a fe videos of this coming out in the last few days, all in Japanese. Has anybody managed to derive any info from them?

Auto translate, whilst selectable doesn’t give me any subs. And specifically I was hoping for info on the gearbox.

It appears to be getting slated online. 30m range. Having to lob to get near 50m apparently. I don’t think that split inner barrel was a good idea. 

47 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

It appears to be getting slated online. 30m range. Having to lob to get near 50m apparently. I don’t think that split inner barrel was a good idea. 

When watching the video, even at 5m, you can see the BBs dropping already as if there is no hop what so ever. I put it down that he hadn't adjusted it properly but after what @Wo1f posted it looks like it is a common issue with them. I have a Revolver with no hop up and that fires a better trajectory than this does.

Got to love the auto translate on this video though!!!

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 07.36.24.png

😆 spicy rave. 

results are still early to condemn it I suppose, but it will be interesting watching fanboys defend their £1300 purchase And this is coming from someone who uses TM almost exclusively 

Totally agree. Let's see how it pans out and as a fellow MWS owner, I hope that TM have upheld their high standards in this.

12 hours ago, RossF said:

Auto translate, whilst selectable doesn’t give me any subs. And specifically I was hoping for info on the gearbox.

I'm sure there is a video somewhere (somewhat lengthy) of TM's presentation on it where they show the 3D drawings of the gearbox.  You can see it briefly in this video.

21 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I'm sure there is a video somewhere (somewhat lengthy) of TM's presentation on it where they show the 3D drawings of the gearbox.  You can see it briefly in this video.

Well unless that’s CNC’d aluminium and not crappy cast stuff, that design doesn’t fill me with much confidence. The CA/A&K m249/m60/PKM gearbox is a tank of a thing compared to that

Sigh. And there I was thinking maybe there was an AEG worth my time and money. Will keep following this to see what turns out to be the case but my disappointment... she is intense right now

On 19/12/2019 at 07:04, Wo1f said:

Where've you seen it getting slated? Finally watched this (realised the subs don't work on iPad) and it looks awesome. Yeah I can see the bb-drop you guys are talking about but he didn't seem to adjust the hop at any point so it might just be that.

Also RedWolf have posted a review, again, hugely positive but it really get much into shooting performance: 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.