TM Mk46 Mod.0

Dentonboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, RossF said:

Where've you seen it getting slated? Finally watched this (realised the subs don't work on iPad) and it looks awesome. Yeah I can see the bb-drop you guys are talking about but he didn't seem to adjust the hop at any point so it might just be that.

Also RedWolf have posted a review, again, hugely positive but it really get much into shooting performance: 

I was going to post that here but figured someone else would. Not like it actually gives much information. Once again RWTV manage to make a 20 minute video that says absolutely nothing

56 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

Here's a quote from Clearwater Airsoft, a chap that is probably one of the first to get theirs in the UK:-

Firstly, thanks again to the guys at Defcon Airsoft UK for 1. Getting them in so fast and 2. Letting me take over the shop on a Friday morning😊

So, just over a day and a half into owning this beast and here’s what I think:

The firing and recoil as well as the shaking of the dummy cartridge belt is really just grin inducing. I’ve been using recoil guns - both Marui and KWA for years and the mk46 really is a step up. The build quality is the usual high standard we all expect and the safety features to prevent it being fired with either the feed tray open or the barrel removed are well thought out safety additions to protect players and the gun. Speaking of the barrel; it disengages with a clunk and glides out easily. The breach block, which is the part that locks into the receiver has got marked and scratched slightly around its periphery as it’s hit the inside of the rail when removing and installing the battery. but it isn’t a complaint just an observation. When it is re engaged once again you get a reassuring clunk and it is rock solid then. Clipping the feed tray cover down also has a solid click so there’s no mistaking if it’s locked or loose. 

Having to rack the charging handle to start shooting is great fun and it needs doing every 300 or so rounds as the feed stops from the mag. This gives some semblance of the real thing and is the recoil equivalent of changing box mags. A quick press of the bullet shaped button on top of the mag by the release lever engages the winding mech and in a few seconds you’re good to go again. 

I love how the mag feeds directly into the bottom of the gun so there’s no need for a tube going into the side that needs hiding. It also means removing the mag in safe zones is a lot easier so no need to leave it attached and stick a gun sock on your muzzle. The hop unit is a cinch to access and it’s actually a useable size for people with anything bigger than Jeremy Beadles right hand. It happily adjusted to easily hop 0.28g BB’s. I don’t have any heavier to hand and in all fairness at the sub 1J power level it would be detrimental to the experience anyway. 

Power wise this definitely benefits from the use of as large a capacity battery as you can fit in the space. I recommend the Titan Power 7.4v 2600mah stick as that goes in easy as pie and powers it beautifully even with the extra load generated by the hoooge recoil weight. I would say that you need to make sure it’s well charged though for the maximum benefit. RoF is around 11rps so just slightly less than the real mk46. If you want 1200rpm fire rates a la mg42 then you’re going to be disappointed however. This is gonna be great for sustained bursts to suppress your opponents - y’know as it was meant for in real life🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m just trying to think of any negatives and I am really coming up empty. 

One thing I might try once I have some money again (that’s gonna be a while though for some unfathomable reason!🤔😂) is to fit the collapsible stock often seen on mk46’s. There is no electrical or mechanical connections going from the receivers to the stock so I don’t think it is essential to the firing of the gun. Knock out two pins and the stock comes off. That’s a project for next year - or until some aftermarket support is seen in the market and I doubt that it’ll be a long wait for that to happen. 
Monday will see some more testing and videos so stay tuned to this page for more. 👍🏻

Check him out either on Facebook or Instagram, he's a top bloke! 

He's had a couple of people ask him regarding range and he responded with these comments via Facebook:-!

It’s very nice to shoot. I’m not concerned about range. It was still going nice and flat at the end of my garden that’s 27m. Fps is around 290 with 0.2g BB’s but I use 0.28’s and the hop lifted them fine. RoF is about 11rps.

I haven’t been able to do any meaningful range testing later as my garden is only 27m long. Monday is when it’ll get a work out over 50m plus so stay tuned for the video👍🏻

It doesn't really matter i suppose because you all think it's crap anyway! 😂 

Regardless,  I'm bloody excited for mine to arrive and will answer any and all questions etc when I get my hands on it, if you're interested of course!

Awesome, thanks for this! FYI I’m not in the it’s crap bucket, I’m firmly in the I have absolutely no idea bucket - hence asking for validation of the comments about it having shitty range. From what I’m seeing it seems great and I’m sold on the user experience, I just want to know I can fire 50m without having to arc my shots (hate people doing that in airsoft)

30 minutes ago, RossF said:

Awesome, thanks for this! FYI I’m not in the it’s crap bucket, I’m firmly in the I have absolutely no idea bucket - hence asking for validation of the comments about it having shitty range. From what I’m seeing it seems great and I’m sold on the user experience, I just want to know I can fire 50m without having to arc my shots (hate people doing that in airsoft)

I'm only mucking around bud, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and opinions are all that we have at the moment. 

Or dodgy subtitled Japanese YouTube videos showing indiscriminate use of 0.2g bb's 😂

That being said I'm not going to be swayed with either of those choices, and will wait and see what it's like when it's in front of me.

My only real concern like many others is the range, and I'm sure the split hop / removable barrel might be a problem. I just can't believe (until proven) that TM would release such a special RIF and let it have serious flaws like that.

We shall see I guess!

On a side note the fact you have to rack the charging handle A. To start firing and B. After 300 or so rounds is just amazing in my eyes... 😁

Just found another cracking Japanese YouTube video...

Haven't a clue what's going on, but looks like he's getting 0.2g's out to 40M so theres hope for a decent weight to surpass that.

17 hours ago, RossF said:

Where've you seen it getting slated? Finally watched this (realised the subs don't work on iPad) and it looks awesome. Yeah I can see the bb-drop you guys are talking about but he didn't seem to adjust the hop at any point so it might just be that.

Also RedWolf have posted a review, again, hugely positive but it really get much into shooting performance: 

Seen a few FB posts on it remarking on the range and low rate of fire. My personal worry is the look of the gearbox. At 11rps at 290fps it might not be a problem, but I can’t see that surviving when people put 350 FPS springs in it and having continuous fire. (Assuming it’s the usual zinc alloy gearbox monkey metal)

• Supporters
On 22/12/2019 at 12:02, Wo1f said:

Seen a few FB posts on it remarking on the range and low rate of fire. My personal worry is the look of the gearbox. At 11rps at 290fps it might not be a problem, but I can’t see that surviving when people put 350 FPS springs in it and having continuous fire. (Assuming it’s the usual zinc alloy gearbox monkey metal)

That's always how TM have built stuff, been that way since forever, it shouldn't surprise anyone.  Some of the designs happen to be able to withstand a bit more power in the system overall, but that's more a happy accident than by design.

I'll be picking mine up mid-Jan from CamoRaids once they reopen from the festive break.

I for one am very excited, more & more details coming out which shows those who've had theirs are getting to grips, tweaking the hop etc. and getting better performance than initials 

I'm confident I'll be happy with the performance, besides, it's a Marui & they all come underpowered out of the box from Japan.

Whilst it's early days, I've asked the guys at Camo not to rush mine through when they reopen for business - Happy for them to crack mine open and take a look / fettle & add any recommendations 

Will share any updates as & when the build progresses.

2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

That's always how TM have built stuff, been that way since forever, it shouldn't surprise anyone.  Some of the designs happen to be able to withstand a bit more power in the system overall, but that's more a happy accident than by design.

Agreed, but I’d argue an LMG platform should still have a more ‘industrial’ gearbox than the one presented. Only time will tell if it survives long term use as standard. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bit surprised the fake ammo belt is of crap quality..considering it's £99 for it by itself.   Also read about the dovetail mag issues from the ATRG blog.

I run a A&K Mk46..only thing i've upgraded on it, is putting a Bullgear hop-unit in it.  One thing which pisses me off about A&K is that I'm always getting small screws fall out. (Need to have a loctite session one night I think) and the god awful box mags.  I just repaired the large box mag and gave up on the smaller one. (Stopped working for whatever reason)

Would love to own & run a 'recoil' LMG, as the amount of fun I have with mine (when it works) is awesome...but my god it's expensive.

I've seen on some pics the muzzle brake has a suppressor cutout, so won't be long then for "Sunny" impression loadouts from Seal team 6.  :)

1 hour ago, Philbucknall said:

Hi Guys

I'm Phil from Clearwater Airsoft and I've had a mk46 since december, Since then I've used it in three games and I've tested it on a measured 60m range with a live test subject standing by the 60m marker to record the incoming fire. It had zero problems reaching out to that distance and a lot of the bb's went past him. I've played using 0.28g BB's and the FPS on sunday over a SKAN chrono was 237 with devil blaster BB's. I've put about 9-9.5k rounds through it and it continues to impress. Before anyone says anything I have absolutely no plans to upgrade anything it works fine as it is both for RoF and range and the sound. It sounds awesome!

The build quality is fantastic; the lower is one solid piece and it is not weak ass or likely to flex let alone bend! I don't really care if it's steel or aluminium as it is plenty tough enough.

I have done long bursts; short bursts and it just laps it up. I've also swapped the fake rounds for some inert 5.56 rounds I had lying around. They're a bit heavier (about 43%) but the little plastic caddy they mount on seems to be okay thus far and the inert ones look loads better. The marui bullets very quickly wear the paint off to silver metal and look crap if I'm being honest after a couple of games. 

What else? The bipod is heavy and it can make the fake gas block retaining screw work loose so I decided to whip it off and a mate gave me a tripod that works much better. You need a sling after 30mins this seems to weight the same as a dwarf star. I need another box mag as the supplied 1000rnd one doesn't last long - for me anyway. I also need an ammo sponsor!! I've used more BB's in this one gun than I used in the whole of 2019 in all of my guns!

To me it was worth every penny and I have to say those that have tried it have also seen that it is probably priced just about right. As an aside the bag it comes with is easily worth £200 - have a look for decent padded M249 bags online and you'll soon see.

There have been loads of people who have said various things like my A&K can blah blah blah - the Marui isn't for them. This isn't for everyone. I'm not stupid, I know that and I know it's expensive whichever way you cut it. If you want the ONLY recoiling LMG on the market that simulates bullets feeding into the gun and kicks harder and sharper than anything else in the NGRS line up (obviously the recoil is considerably less than real but it is better than a stock TM recoil) That you need to rack the charging handle to fire it and then do it again every couple of hundred rounds or so then get one. Basically if a realistic RoF and functions are important and you can afford it then buy one. If you want  10000rpm monster at 350fps - don't!

I have seen one UK user who's snapped the dovetail the boxmag slides into already and Marui have issued a notice about it and will replace the parts with an upgraded part, I may go to defcon and ask them to get me one through their guy in Japan but I've used it plenty and its okay so far. 

I have some videos on my facebook page - Clearwater Airsoft if you want to see it in use.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions.

1EAA4E7A-4777-44F3-802C-E90F34BF48F2.jpeg

BF850B89-9B35-4EE0-BDF4-B536F8E77FF0_1_201_a.jpeg

161B1DC7-778A-458A-BE5F-2F269166FA69.jpeg

Thanks for the info and all your vids you've been posting on FB. I still have a question about the range - people often say it can hit @ 60m, but from when I have seen videos, including your own, there does seem to be a fair bit of arching going on to achieve that. Obviously it's hard to get a really good read on it from videos at different angles and often at the point of impact rather than down the barrel, but is this the case and how does it compare to a stock TM NGRS range wise? 

2 hours ago, RossF said:

Thanks for the info and all your vids you've been posting on FB. I still have a question about the range - people often say it can hit @ 60m, but from when I have seen videos, including your own, there does seem to be a fair bit of arching going on to achieve that. Obviously it's hard to get a really good read on it from videos at different angles and often at the point of impact rather than down the barrel, but is this the case and how does it compare to a stock TM NGRS range wise? 

At 60m there is some degree of arcing but not as much as you think. The trajectory of the bb's was pretty flat even at the low fps and heavy bb's. next time I play I'll try to get some video from behind the gun but I can hand on heart say 60m is easy. 

Compared to a stock TM NGRS I'd say its probably about the same -possibly a smidge more for the 46 but its marginal. to me; it's a gun for laying down fire at roughly the same range as the guys running assault rifles and maybe even hitting the odd opponent! for that it works great and allows your team to move up with effective cover/suppressing fire.

To answer one of the questions about the two piece barrel. I've not noticed any drop in accuracy and or FPS by taking it in and out. There is literally only one way it will fit back into the gun so it's pretty hard to damage it. When it locks in, its not going anywhere either. its a good secure fastening. 

I suppose my only gripe is the fake rounds. They look okay new but soon look like utter crap. Very poor show for what they cost to replace. The inert rounds are loads better but they are a couple of mm longer so took a little jiggling to fit in the magazine.

PS I've already stuck a surefire can on it! ;) 

1 hour ago, Philbucknall said:

At 60m there is some degree of arcing but not as much as you think. The trajectory of the bb's was pretty flat even at the low fps and heavy bb's. next time I play I'll try to get some video from behind the gun but I can hand on heart say 60m is easy. 

Compared to a stock TM NGRS I'd say its probably about the same -possibly a smidge more for the 46 but its marginal. to me; it's a gun for laying down fire at roughly the same range as the guys running assault rifles and maybe even hitting the odd opponent! for that it works great and allows your team to move up with effective cover/suppressing fire.

To answer one of the questions about the two piece barrel. I've not noticed any drop in accuracy and or FPS by taking it in and out. There is literally only one way it will fit back into the gun so it's pretty hard to damage it. When it locks in, its not going anywhere either. its a good secure fastening. 

I suppose my only gripe is the fake rounds. They look okay new but soon look like utter crap. Very poor show for what they cost to replace. The inert rounds are loads better but they are a couple of mm longer so took a little jiggling to fit in the magazine.

PS I've already stuck a surefire can on it! ;) 

Thanks!

I’ll keep an eye out for any more vids and hopefully see one in the field. In the meantime I hope you keep enjoying your new purchase, she’s a beaut!

I was chatting to ATRG_ last night (I gave him the photos to use for his review)

My dove tail snapped cleanly in half after possibly the 3rd or fourth box mag was inserted...

From others contacting him, and looking elsewhere online he thinks theres at least four others suffering with the same problem!

Currently waiting until mid February for the 'upgraded part' from TM to arrive, or should I say 'how it should of been built in the bloodty first place part'

That all being said it's still an amazing piece of kit, and a real joy to shoot! Even after the heartbreak I have experienced I dont regret buying it, which speaks volumes on how awesome it is!

3 hours ago, RMDavis said:

I was chatting to ATRG_ last night (I gave him the photos to use for his review)

My dove tail snapped cleanly in half after possibly the 3rd or fourth box mag was inserted...

From others contacting him, and looking elsewhere online he thinks theres at least four others suffering with the same problem!

Currently waiting until mid February for the 'upgraded part' from TM to arrive, or should I say 'how it should of been built in the bloodty first place part'

That all being said it's still an amazing piece of kit, and a real joy to shoot! Even after the heartbreak I have experienced I dont regret buying it, which speaks volumes on how awesome it is!

I feel for you mate. I really do. I’d be devastated if it happened to mine. So far - touch wood, it’s okay. I haven’t been overly gentle but have now started to be very careful that there’s no angle on the mag when I insert it and also to prevent knocking the mag when in use. Maybe a manufacturing fault on a handful of them but either way it isn’t good. Hope you get back using it ASAP buddy. 

It’s a ferro concepts Slingster. I’ve now got it attached to a sling loop QD socket at the front and a steel split ring on the little loop on top of the butt by the receiver so it isn’t through the rail or around the stock anymore though. 

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Thanks, where did you get it?

I was looking to pick one up last night and could only find them on tactical-kit.co.uk - everywhere else seemed to be out of stock.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

And it takes TM recoil STANAGs too?!

No. It feeds from the box mag only. It won’t take any other magazines. 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, MaxymL said:

Hello,

My dovetail broke in half after the third game using it...

Where did you guys contact Marui or anyone else to get the new piece ?

It's really sad they haven't done some more test on this "weak part"...

Contact @ATRG_ on Instagram, he's designed a 3D printed replacement dovetail to get people by until someone like lonex makes a more robust metal one. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.