TM Mk46 Mod.0

Dentonboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ll wait for A&K to clone it for 50p before I pay that much for an AEG. Speaking of A&K... what happened to their gbbr 249?

• Supporters
On 28/09/2019 at 11:28, M_P said:

One saving grace is that it apparently comes with the bag from this image to keep it in

Qf5yhBy.jpg

Doesn't help much but it is something 😂

It wants to come with a gun wallah to carry it around for that price!

On 30/09/2019 at 09:22, Wo1f said:

I’ll wait for A&K to clone it for 50p before I pay that much for an AEG. Speaking of A&K... what happened to their gbbr 249?

yup, I can't tell you how fast I'd buy a GBB M249 if it was even half decent.

I think I am being thick and missing the point on this.

I know its £1300 which is a lot of money to spend, however, this seems to have more uproar than the DAS or Systema's do and I'm not quite sure why? 

Its a recoil M249 which no other manufacturers produce yet.

I only wont buy one because I don't play enough sites where I can use a support gun BUT if I did, I'd happily snap this up as I really like TM and the NGRS platform. I'd run it stock then upgrade as and when needed. 

I understand the top end models of NGRS are £650ish so I guess this is what people were hoping for but this is new design and again, they have no competition currently so can charge what they want. 

Anyway, I just don't understand the outcry when Systema is just an M4 which there is £100 versions of that

14 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

I know its £1300 which is a lot of money to spend, however, this seems to have more uproar than the DAS or Systema's do and I'm not quite sure why? 

Its a recoil M249 which no other manufacturers produce yet.

I only wont buy one because I don't play enough sites where I can use a support gun BUT if I did, I'd happily snap this up as I really like TM and the NGRS platform. I'd run it stock then upgrade as and when needed. 

I understand the top end models of NGRS are £650ish so I guess this is what people were hoping for but this is new design and again, they have no competition currently so can charge what they want. 

Anyway, I just don't understand the outcry when Systema is just an M4 which there is £100 versions of that

I'm with you. I'm considering it at the around £1100-£1200 and not sure why other people are so shocked. It's a big piece of kit, has a MOSFET which the other NGRS guns don't and a new gearbox design specifically for this.

Does anybody know where the battery is stored btw? I'd really prefer it with the collapsible para stock, so I'm hoping the battery is in the box mag but I suspect it's in the stock.

2 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Stick AK type, hidden in the gas tube.

Excellent, then presumably a para stock will be available.

It’s not so much the price, it’s the price for quality. I’ve spent stupid amounts on guns before like the VFC SR-25, but TM’s external materials on their AEG’s have always been shit. This is coming from someone who LOVES TM stuff and most of my Airsoft guns are TM.. 

however... the amount of broken receivers I’ve seen on the M4/416 NGRS series makes me not want to spend £1200 on it. I honestly could care less what the internals are like as they’re usually all stripped out anyway. I just want to know that the shell that’s holding it all together isn’t made of cheese. 

As for systema, they are just an overpriced ICS that trades on the “weapon training system” slogan, despite never actually being used by ANY police or military.

gbls want £1500 for a gun that kicks less than my gbbr and doesn’t perform as well. It’s not even new technology. Top tech made a gun just like it and it used shells that ejected so it was more realistic if not impractical for about £500 ten years ago. For £1500 i can buy an mws and an NGRS of my choice and mod them to peak performance and have FAR more reliable RIFs. 

53 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

It’s not so much the price, it’s the price for quality. I’ve spent stupid amounts on guns before like the VFC SR-25, but TM’s external materials on their AEG’s have always been shit. This is coming from someone who LOVES TM stuff and most of my Airsoft guns are TM.. 

however... the amount of broken receivers I’ve seen on the M4/416 NGRS series makes me not want to spend £1200 on it. I honestly could care less what the internals are like as they’re usually all stripped out anyway. I just want to know that the shell that’s holding it all together isn’t made of cheese. 

As for systema, they are just an overpriced ICS that trades on the “weapon training system” slogan, despite never actually being used by ANY police or military.

gbls want £1500 for a gun that kicks less than my gbbr and doesn’t perform as well. It’s not even new technology. Top tech made a gun just like it and it used shells that ejected so it was more realistic if not impractical for about £500 ten years ago. For £1500 i can buy an mws and an NGRS of my choice and mod them to peak performance and have FAR more reliable RIFs. 

I’d only heard good things about their NGRSs? If this is the case then I’m a lot less tempted.

Why would you want to strip out the internals? Especially in an LMG?

57 minutes ago, RossF said:

I’d only heard good things about their NGRSs? If this is the case then I’m a lot less tempted.

You don't have to strip out the internals, NGRS is perfectly usable 'stock'. People just like to upgrade because they can. It does perform better upgraded...but so do most things when done properly. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

Don't get me wrong the price is fair in my opinion for what it is, and the work that goes into something like this.

But irrespective of reasonableness that's a hell of a lot of money for a 'situational' weapon so is an no-go for me for that reason. I can't justify that for something I wouldn't use all day or often in general.

The high end LMG market is pretty niche but these will sell, that I have no doubt of

53 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

You don't have to strip out the internals, NGRS is perfectly usable 'stock'. People just like to upgrade because they can. It does perform better upgraded...but so do most things when done properly. 

That’s what I mean, I get that you might want to bump up a rifle for accuracy, range etc. But when the purpose is to lay down a shower of fire surely the stock internals of a TM are more than adequate.

I guess the justification is all relative right... for me if it’s full metal, good quality metal at that and performs well without modification and has a solid kick, it’ll be a fun weapon to add to the arsenal.

1 hour ago, RossF said:

The NGRS perform fantastic out of the box and they look fantastic. My issue with them is their external feel and durability is a little lacking compared to a VFC or G&P AEG (or virtually any gbbr). I currently have a 416 delta custom tuned by @Davegolf and it’s a phenomenal bit of kit. Even at 340 FPS I can happily play the DMR/counter sniper role the range is that good. I just wish that when I picked it up I had that same faith I do with the MWS that if I drop it, it’s not going to break. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.