Krytac CRB + Gate Aster = Help!?

Kibbz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all,

I've had a Krytac CRB for a little while now and recently looked to give it an upgrade by way of Gate Aster (the titan was a little rich for me) which has installed like a dream for a relative novice tech such as myself. Everything seems to run fine, nice snappy response and consistent shots however I'm getting some worrying heat from the motor and the batteries (11.1v 15c LiPo) are even starting to heat up after some rapid semi-auto action so I'm looking for a little help in both diagnosing the issue and also fixing it.

The rest of the build is stock so from having a hunt around online I can see a lot of Titan owners (not a lot of info out there on the Aster yet) opting to upgrade the motor and also pull in some higher C rated batteries which seems to be a must for a Titan so I'm wondering if this is where my issues lie??

Can anyone help confirm if the motor and batteries are going to be the cause of the heat and if so, what would be a good recommendation to cut the heat and just get a good trigger response? I'm not looking for a high RPS build.

Thanks in advance,

Kibbz.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I do not have a solution for you.

As I too am having this issue...

I have a G&G 418 short with mosfet. I've opted for the Gate Aster and completely pulled the G&G mosfet out. It installed perfectly, no issues at all and was super easy to do. However... like you say the battery, motor and even wires connected to the battery are hot and they only get hotter after use. Although the gate software doeant being up any errors? It's weird. The batteries I use are 11.1v 25C 1300Mah

I took the gearbox apart several times now checking resistance, friction, shimming etc and all is fine. Absolutely no issues and gears spin freely. It's also worth noting that I have both the G&G stock motor and a SHS High Torque motor and they both get hot so isnt the motor.

I turned motor braking off in the software as I read online that can cause wear and other issues on the motor. Annoyingly though the only way that seems to turn it off is setting motor braking to PWM and setting to 0%. Other than that its "Adaptive" or Manual with PWM...theres no simple "off".

So I'm at a loss... tomorrow I'm going to try a 7.4v 25C 1450MaH battery and se show it goes. Unfortunately I will need to use a tamiya/Dean's adapter as the battery is tamiya but the difference shouldn't be noticable. So fingers crossed... I'll reply here with what I find. Hope this helps.

Archived