G36 Handguard compatibility

RussHampson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've got one of the S&T G36's (got it for a good price, was after a Specna but this one popped up locally). As far as I understand, they're licensed by Umarex and are a clone of the Ares models.
I've currently got the 4 hole handguard on there, but I'm wanting the 6 hole version so that more of my tracer unit is protected. I'd prefer one with the bipod, but if it's got a rail on the bottom that's fine.
From what I've read, the JG versions won't be an out of the box fit, and needs a bit of altering. I was wondering what the extent of the modification would be? Or if there's a better alternative to buy.
Cheers!

Hi Russ,

I must admit that i havn't got an ares g36. But i fitted an ares (well, back then it was star) foregrip to CA and JG models (tm clones) with zero mods.

I cant imagine the modification being extensive but i very well may be wrong.

If the s&t is an ares clone, you could contact ares directly - they are quick to respond. Email [email protected] and ask if they have 'G36-HG' in stock - that is the full length one with bipod. 

Cheers George! 
I've seen that gunfire have some JG front ends for a tenner, so if I can bulk up my basket I can hopefully justify the £15 postage. I dropped Ares an email asking about those already, and their G36-Ras-L as well, so hopefully I hear something from them before I take the plunge on a JG one.

Archived