Price increases have started

bully78
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I see patrol base have just restocked the TM mk 23 at a new price of £164 🤬

guess we’ll be seeing more and more of this 😢

• Supporters

Sterling hasn't changed much against either the Yen, Yuan or the Euro since the Brexit vote in 2016.  It's possible that importers have been holding prices down artificially in the hope of an upswing since then, but that's quite some time for significant price rises to feed through.

image.png.66029c33e14c39334bd558877ea88e2c.png

image.png.ba8d0b44338fe79442afd06705ac76e4.png

image.png.a95dc5e2880c44582e93fc654b1d81d3.png

• Supporters

Mmm hmm.

EU / Japan FTA = car factories being closed down across the EU and UK = manufacturing moving back to Japan = a strengthening Yen against the Dollar, EU and Sterling  = Y MY TM COST SOO MUCH!!!!

Also:

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

EU / Japan FTA = car factories being closed down across the EU and UK

Honda are shutting their european operations because they just don't sell enough cars here, the writing has been on the wall for Swindon for years (speaking as a Tier 1 supplier to them).

• Supporters

The game changes next year with EU limits of <90g average CO2 for 90% of cars sold per marque.  That makes most existing ICE models, and the factories that make them, defunct.  New electromobiles are required for anyone who wants to sell in the EU.  Zero tariffs have ensured that those will be made in Japan and shipped here.

Unless Honda are giving up on the EU market completely?  Sounds unthinkable, but Suzuki just threw in the towel in North America a few years back.

Struggling back on topic, shouldn't TM toy guns have lower tariffs now?

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Unless Honda are giving up on the EU market completely? 

Pretty much. Swindon has only been running at 60% for the last couple of years and a lot of that was export to the US. They were gearing up the second assembly plant in Swindon to produce battery packs for BEVs but that's gone by the wayside now too.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
16 hours ago, bully78 said:

Are there any other shops you can see that have raised prices? Patrolbase seem to be gouging, because other stores I'm looking at (AirsoftWorld, Fire-support, etc.) are still pricing at reasonable levels even on restock

17 hours ago, bully78 said:

This could be a case of the Novritch effect.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Supermoose said:

This could be a case of the Novritch effect.

You mean the TMs are going to jam because people are "pulling the trigger wrong"? :D

I'm just hoping for the pound to drop drastically so I can literally empty your airsoft stores for pennies 😂

• Supporters

This happens when a batch of X product that's been imported sells out and once you factor in general inflation, drops in the £ against everything, increased shipping costs, gradual increases in manufacture cost and everything else in the chain... the price on the next batch a shop brings in always ends up a bit higher.  Ever since 'the credit crunch' when the pound suddenly wasn't worth 2 USD anymore I've been watching this happen, it was probably happening before that I'm sure but I was a child then.

Even if the pound suddenly went real high by some miracle creating a potential for a price decrease, there's a lot of greedy, useless middle-men in the international supply chains that would probably just soak up the extra cash themselves.  I mostly pay attention to gear rather than RIFs but the same seems to apply.  Look at a product at a given shop that's out of stock but you know they'll bring back - wait a couple of months for more to come in - compare prices.  They never go the good direction.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
21 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Look at a product at a given shop that's out of stock but you know they'll bring back - wait a couple of months for more to come in - compare prices.  They never go the good direction.

I'd normally agree but when researching the price differences for this thread a few days ago - noticed that the RPK I bought from Fire-support in June 2018 for £425 has been dropped to £285!

bruh.jpg.e5bce777a88adc4719022a12b15630fb.jpg

^^ Archived site from a year or two back

bruh2.jpg.e663334f6ba99988d8d04b729071bc5c.jpg

^^ The present day 

😭

• Supporters

RPKs aren't terribly popular with the general player base, penny to a pound they gradually decreased the price on the last 1-2 RIFs to try and clear out stock that had been sat on a shelf for years and years just collecting dust/taking up space.  That's how you get a lot of the best deals, I bought a really old receiver set from WGC some time ago that I know they'd had on the shelf for a good few years and I managed to snag the very last one for less than half price; which was good for me because they were expensive when I got them and eye-wateringly expensive when first advertised for sale.

In the last 6 weeks there was a massive drop in currency value for GBP and although it's started going back up a little you will see some residual increase from imports at the time . 

With Firesupport just be aware that they have been known to adjust prices to much lower when items are out of stock on the website 

21 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

With Firesupport just be aware that they have been known to adjust prices to much lower when items are out of stock on the website 

All of them put low prices on out of stock items.

Gets you looking at their other stock.

Archived