Tm Glock 17 or Tm Glock 19

Nicayu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

Any of you have any experience of the Tm Glock 17 or Tm Glock 19? 

I'm thinking about the 19 as i want to practice from concealed carry. I do a lot of performance shooting and these plastic slides don't last more than a few weeks so I have to consider the availability of a metal slide. Also how close a replica are these? I want as close as possible so it translates well to real steel and for holster fitting too.

Thanks in advance

Nick

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Nicayu said:

I do a lot of performance shooting

That's a new one on me.

As to the rest, I understand that the TMs are 1:1 and fit real-steel (well, real-polymer) holsters as well.  I'd get that confirmed before you splurge on some technoholster though.

Lies, all lies.  This is why I use £7 universal holsters.

24 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's a new one on me.

As to the rest, I understand that the TMs are 1:1 and fit real-steel (well, real-polymer) holsters as well.  I'd get that confirmed before you splurge on some technoholster though.

I'm not sure TMs are 1:1 and my friend tells me the Airsoft glock 17 is about a G21  real steal holster size.  The TM mp7 is only 95% to scale as well. I would just contact one of the below vendors if your not sure but they do usually state on their site which models fit others but can't hurt to check out the pre-sales support.

https://www.kydexcustomsuk.com/basic-holsters/basic-glock-holster

https://hwholsters.com/

Just now, Musica said:

I'm not sure TMs are 1:1 and my friend tells me the Airsoft glock 17 is about a G21  real steal holster size.  The TM mp7 is only 95% to scale as well. I would just contact one of the below vendors if your not sure but they do usually state on their site which models fit others but can't hurt to check out the pre-sales support.

This, exactly, all Airsoft G17’s are approx G21 sized (slightly smaller) they are too big for G17 real steel holsters. 

BUT

I’ve never seen a TM glock slide break. The G19 blows off the hammer unit if you use green gas, but they don’t break

6 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Hi capa

source.gif

unless you get the 50 round extended magazines stock glock magazines have less than stock hi-capa magazines if I am not mistaken? making them inferior!

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That's a new one on me.

Performance as in drawing, shooting, reloading, moving whilst shooting all as fast, as accurately and consistently as possible.

1 hour ago, osteoshot said:

Hi capa

Got the tm 5.1 hi-capa. Like I say, i want a Glock.

2 hours ago, Musica said:

Cheers Musica for your helpful post.

1 hour ago, Musica said:

source.gif

unless you get the 50 round extended magazines stock glock magazines have less than stock hi-capa magazines if I am not mistaken? making them inferior!

I know a stock Glock 17 mag holds 17 rounds and the 19 holds 15, in 9mm anyway. I'll have to check this out. Thanks

2 hours ago, Musica said:

source.gifunless you get the 50 round extended magazines stock glock magazines have less than stock hi-capa magazines if I am not mistaken? making them inferior!

Yup, hi-capa for high capacity, 29 or 30 bb’s compared to 22 in a standard glock mag.

30 bb’s in my glock mags 😈

C7455305-F6B6-4BA1-B673-FE1EBF75F7EB.jpeg

3D8AC01F-A554-458B-A816-E37FE70E1B56.jpeg

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Weird, mine fit perfectly in a safariland (w/light) and numerous other RS holsters

Really, what model holsters ? All of the RS G17 specific holsters I’ve tried are too small. Not by much, but enough, I’d like to find a Glock specific that airsoft fitted

8 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Really, what model holsters ? All of the RS G17 specific holsters I’ve tried are too small. Not by much, but enough, I’d like to find a Glock specific that airsoft fitted

Off the top of my head I cant remember as I moved to the TM M&P coupled with a safariland after the glock and that also fit perfectly and the retention worked as well. I know with the 19s the Safariland 6354DO works perfectly as well but the plug at the bottom has to have a small amount of filing. Maybe I was just lucky with the 17 holster I had and this had already been done as I got it second hand through one of the RS pages. The IMI and fobus holsters work also but have to be widened using a heat gun but its hardly taxing work. As I say before though the M&P holster fit with no adjustments or modifications.

7 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Blackhawk! Serpas are fucky with the G17 as well IIRC. Not too big of an issue as you can file/heat the inside similar to IMI/Fobus.

Yeah for the most part its literally just a case of heating the IMI/Fobus ones up a bit and then letting them cool with the gun in, Although having said that I have a friend that runs a fobus with a G17 and IIRC he just bought a different size to the 17 and it worked although I don't know which one, Do they make them for G21's as that may be the best route (as mentioned above that seems to be the size comparison)?

9 minutes ago, Nicayu said:

It might be a Glock 19 then. 

I've seen this guy on youtube  

I asked him what he was running and he uses the TM Glock 19 with Ragnarok holster from T.REX ARMS, combined with a Safariland UBL.

FYI can also confirm the ragnorok fits TM G19's fine as a buddy has one. Pretty sure thats the guy that did a range day with T.Rex Arms.

16 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

This, exactly, all Airsoft G17’s are approx G21 sized (slightly smaller) they are too big for G17 real steel holsters. 

Not true , only WE and Older Tm Glocks were over sized . Tm G19 fits in real holsters perfectly .

KSC, KWA and VFC Glocks are all real size . 

If you want the most realistic then go for the VFC (Umarex) as they are dimensionally perfect and if you get the steel slide version the weight and balance is very very closed indeed 

2 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

Not true , only WE and Older Tm Glocks were over sized . Tm G19 fits in real holsters perfectly .

If you want the most realistic then go for the VFC (Umarex) as they are dimensionally perfect and if you get the steel slide version the weight and balance is very very closed indeed 

Cheers. I'll check that VFC out.

13 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

FWIW - if I recall correctly Stark Arms are VFC OEM, and my first-gen G17 is too big for a Serpa 17 holster. Could be wrong!

1 minute ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

FWIW - if I recall correctly Stark Arms are VFC OEM, and my first-gen G17 is too big for a Serpa 17 holster. Could be wrong!

Yeah stark arms were early VFC OEM . They refined them a lot since then . 

Side note though , Serpa are awful holsters for Glock although the Sig ones were actually quite decent 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Musica said:

Your TM MP7 is more like 80% size, they're much smaller than the real thing. 

Umarex VFC Glock

These look quality but are they? I like that they already have the metal slide unlike the TM, their spare mags are well expensive though, the Glock 17 Gen 5  mags are £40 each.

I suppose I just want to know whether this will last, fit a decent holster and be able to take an RMR.

37 minutes ago, Nicayu said:

Umarex VFC Glock

These look quality but are they? I like that they already have the metal slide unlike the TM, their spare mags are well expensive though, the Glock 17 Gen 5  mags are £40 each.

I suppose I just want to know whether this will last, fit a decent holster and be able to take an RMR.

I use a real RDS on mine and have done for years . 

I did find the WE mags were actually more efficient than the Umarex VFC mags . For cheaper VFC mags , look for GK tactical magazines as they are the same mags but without the "Glock" branded label on the packet 

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Meh, said my bit, I know what I’ve owned and what it it didn’t and didn’t fit, you carry on lol

I know where you were coming from as the TM Glock 17 was over sized but I was countering your statement of every airsoft Glock being the wrong size which they are not 

Archived